Purchase of Tournament Tickets

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Purchase of Tournament Tickets

Post by trojandave »

Can you purchase tournament tickets as a walk-up at the game site? Do they have to be ordered online or at a school kiosk?

The reason I'm asking is what if someone were in Waverly, eating at a restaurant around 5:00, and decided to go to watch some sectional games at the Downtown Gym? Can they just walk-up and buy a ticket at the window?

I know the OHSAA is going to an online system to buy tickets, but I'm not sure as to how it works for those people that make last minute decisions to go and watch some games with no access to ordering tickets online. How about the same situation occurring at the Convo?

Can someone clarify how this is all supposed to work? Thanks.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Purchase of Tournament Tickets

Post by Pol pot »

Yes, tickets are available at the door at all sites unless presale on-line Numbers would reach capacity of a venue. All sites have a set limit they can sell pre-sale.

The Convo seats 11,500 for HS Tournaments, I’m fairly confident you’ll be able to get a ticket.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Pol pot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:50 pm Yes, tickets are available at the door at all sites unless presale on-line Numbers would reach capacity of a venue. All sites have a set limit they can sell pre-sale.

The Convo seats 11,500 for HS Tournaments, I’m fairly confident you’ll be able to get a ticket.
And you shouldn’t have a problem getting in at Waverly.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Keep in mind that the pre-sale tickets are more expensive than walk-up tickets after the transaction fee. $5.46 vs. $5.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

BlindWhiteHat wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 pm Keep in mind that the pre-sale tickets are more expensive than walk-up tickets after the transaction fee. $5.46 vs. $5.
But schools get a pretty good portion if you buy pre sale tickets. Is that correct? I've heard $1.46 per ticket.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Oh no 46 cents

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:39 pm
BlindWhiteHat wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 pm Keep in mind that the pre-sale tickets are more expensive than walk-up tickets after the transaction fee. $5.46 vs. $5.
But schools get a pretty good portion if you buy pre sale tickets. Is that correct? I've heard $1.46 per ticket.
I think the school gets $1.20 of the presale tickets.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I don't think Dave was worried about anyone selling out ,he was just wanting to know if you can get tickets at the door.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Where do you pick up your tickets that are ordered online? There has to be some time that will elapse between the order and the pickup of the tickets. It's a new system, and there are some nuances that I don't know about.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

trojandave wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:29 am Where do you pick up your tickets that are ordered online? There has to be some time that will elapse between the order and the pickup of the tickets. It's a new system, and there are some nuances that I don't know about.
I believe they will have your online order at the door. Maybe a bar code or something - all electronic. No paper physical ticket.
Somebody else confirm this?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, smurray. I'm wondering, too, how all this works with no paper ticket.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

You print out the ticket and take it with you or keep it on your phone. I printed mine out and it is a whole 8 1/2 x 11 page.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, oneoak.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ALL of the sectional tickets are either to be purchased at either school of game participants or at the door - is this correct ? Sectional tickets can NOT be purchased online - is this correct ? it is the District & Regional games at the Convo that can be purchased online - yes?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

My ticket purchased online is for a girl's sectional, so I assume it is the same for boys.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

What is the link for purchasing sectional game tickets?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

oneoak wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:32 pm https://ohsaa.org/tickets
So just to clarify. If I buy an online ticket for the 8:00 Athens game, that same ticket will allow me to get into the 6:15 Sheridan game? Is that correct?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

If games are 1:45 apart then 1 ticket is good for both.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The only split sessions are championship days. If games are 6:15 and 8:00 it isnt a split session.

Return to “Boys Basketball”