(4) Unioto vs (5) Waverly Sat 2/22

LancerForLIFE
Waterboy

Re: (4) Unioto vs (5) Waverly Sat 2/22

Post by LancerForLIFE »

None of you would last playing FH then!!! Sounds like you can’t take a lil contact. Game is changing, Maybe have your kids bowl if they don’t want touched!!! Come to our town. We teach our boys to play tough! But too scared to come visit us :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We beat the most physical team (Trimble). If ur complaining about Hillsboro being tough, ur kids need to hit the weight room
Last edited by LancerForLIFE on Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

porkyfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm after seeing trey robertson,supposed to be one of the best players in southeast ohio made 2 baskets against Gallia Academy and proabably went 2 for 10 and ended up with 16 points because he gets every call. I think unioto will win. I think trey is overrated and or had a bad game. But they need to be careful not to get in foul trouble. Unioto by 8+

what else do you want him to do? he was able to contribute to the score even while having a back game shooting from the field

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:28 pm
porkyfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm after seeing trey robertson,supposed to be one of the best players in southeast ohio made 2 baskets against Gallia Academy and proabably went 2 for 10 and ended up with 16 points because he gets every call. I think unioto will win. I think trey is overrated and or had a bad game. But they need to be careful not to get in foul trouble. Unioto by 8+

what else do you want him to do? he was able to contribute to the score even while having a back game shooting from the field
I don’t think trey played a bad game at all. You don’t have to score 30 to play well. I wish people could just get that. That’s why I make an argument for Isaac so much because of what all he does for his team but everyone wants to say ok, player A averages 25 ppg and player B averages 19 so player A is better. I get so tired of it. I’ll tell you what Trey did last night for his team that not many people notice. But I did because I’m one of the smartest people in the crowd at almost every game. Trey set a lot of screens last night. Now you wouldn’t think that’s a big deal but trey sets a screen and both defenders involved have to stick to Trey because they’re scared to death he’s gonna roll out and hit a 3. The guy he sets a screen for is WIDE open. That’s all Trey. He also handles the ball extremely well for his team and is a VERY smart basketball player. Quit placing such importance on someone having a good or bad game based off their point total. Little best game of the year was one he scored 9 points in. Trey played good enough for the team to win a tournament game why isn’t that good enough?
Last edited by mlittle on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:37 pm

I don’t think trey played a bad game at all. You don’t have to score 30 to play well. I wish people could just get that. That’s why I make an argument for Isaac so much because of what all he does for his team but everyone wants to say ok, player A averages 25 ppg and player B averages 19 so player A is better. I get so tired of it. I’ll tell you what Trey dis last night for his team that not many people notice. But I did because I’m one of the smartest people in the crown at almost every game. Trey set a lot of screens last night. Now you wouldn’t think that’s a big deal but trey sets a screen and both defenders involved have to stick to Trey because they’re scared to death he’s gonna roll out and hit a 3. The guy he sets a screen for is WIDE open. That’s all Trey. He also handles the ball extremely well for his team and is a VERY smart basketball player. Quit placing such importance on someone having a good or bad game based off their point total. Little best game of the year was one he scored 9 points in. Trey played good enough for the team to win a tournament game why isn’t that good enough?
So true.....

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I don’t think trey played a bad game at all. You don’t have to score 30 to play well. I wish people could just get that. That’s why I make an argument for Isaac so much because of what all he does for his team but everyone wants to say ok, player A averages 25 ppg and player B averages 19 so player A is better. I get so tired of it. I’ll tell you what Trey dis last night for his team that not many people notice. But I did because I’m one of the smartest people in the crown at almost every game. Trey set a lot of screens last night. Now you wouldn’t think that’s a big deal but trey sets a screen and both defenders involved have to stick to Trey because they’re scared to death he’s gonna roll out and hit a 3. The guy he sets a screen for is WIDE open. That’s all Trey. He also handles the ball extremely well for his team and is a VERY smart basketball player. Quit placing such importance on someone having a good or bad game based off their point total. Little best game of the year was one he scored 9 points in. Trey played good enough for the team to win a tournament game why isn’t that good enough?
Great post. There are so many different ways a player can effect a game besides in the scoring column, many people just don't see. And yes, he didn't make many FGs but he did get to the line, which porky says he gets every call which is not true. But last night, he realized early how they were officiating the game and took advantage. He was aggressive and attacked the basket. If they are calling fouls when he is driving when there is contact, he understands that and goes. The thing with Trey and many good players in this area, such as Little, is that he doesn't care about how many points he scores. He does whats best for the team and whatever is necessary to win. Very unselfish player, all about winning.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

"Trey gets every call" - that's the most ridiculous statement of the year. Trey was held, grabbed, pushed and prodded the entire game. And this obvious foul to the head (picture inserted) when he got to the basket - NOT CALLED BY ANY OF THREE OFFICIALS.
The charge Trey took from a giant twice his size was wrongly awarded with an and one. That's the kind of "gets every call" calls he gets.
Trey Robertson, all 5'7" 150 lbs soaking wet of him sophomore, did just fine last night. The 16 points he contributed was just a small part of what he does and means to this TEAM. He fought and fought and fought all night long and his TEAM came away with a 10 point win due to what he creates.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:44 pm "Trey gets every call" - that's the most ridiculous statement of the year. Trey was held, grabbed, pushed and prodded the entire game. And this obvious foul to the head (picture inserted) when he got to the basket - NOT CALLED BY ANY OF THREE OFFICIALS.
The charge Trey took from a giant twice his size was wrongly awarded with an and one. That's the kind of "gets every call" calls he gets.
Trey Robertson, all 5'7" 150 lbs soaking wet of him sophomore, did just fine last night. The 16 points he contributed was just a small part of what he does and means to this TEAM. He fought and fought and fought all night long and his TEAM came away with a 10 point win due to what he creates.
Try this pic again.
Attachments
Trey Robertson.JPG

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:44 pm "Trey gets every call" - that's the most ridiculous statement of the year. Trey was held, grabbed, pushed and prodded the entire game. And this obvious foul to the head (picture inserted) when he got to the basket - NOT CALLED BY ANY OF THREE OFFICIALS.
I’m only referring to how differently the games were officiated. Not that one player is favored over others. I do however feel the size and strength difference between trey and Isaac has an impact on officials making calls. He went through the exact same thing you described last night (you were there) and wasn’t awarded any foul shots. If Isaac shot 15 free throws in a game I wouldn’t say a word about other missed calls. That’s all I’m saying. A couple of the officials last night were refs who do a lot of svc games and for whatever reason those games just seem to be more physical. I’ll give you an example. Isaac went a 4 game stretch during the season where I kept track of his shots in the paint. During 4 games he took 38 shots IN THE PAINT. He had 2 fouls called for him. Now anyone who seen him play sees how physical he is. That number isn’t even comprehensible. I think it has more to do with his strength than anything else.

He told me this off season all he’s working on is ball handling and flopping. Lol

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Ill take Waverly in a extremely close game. For no other reason than they'll have the best player on the floor in Trey.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:46 pm
Try this pic again.
Funny story. Our first game against Hillsboro Isaac got slapped in the face when a kid swiped at the ball but maintained possession. Next dead ball the official walks up to him and says hey I seen you get slapped in the face. You need to just play through that. 😆😆😆

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:02 pm
Try this pic again.
Funny story. Our first game against Hillsboro Isaac got slapped in the face when a kid swiped at the ball but maintained possession. Next dead ball the official walks up to him and says hey I seen you get slapped in the face. You need to just play through that. 😆😆😆
That’s insane and not right. A foul is foul.
I wasn’t talking about any of your posts. I was referring to the poster who said Trey gets all the calls and he didn’t see anything out of him last night. Trey did NOT get all the calls.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:13 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Try this pic again.
That’s insane and not right. A foul is foul.
I wasn’t talking about any of your posts. I was referring to the poster who said Trey gets all the calls and he didn’t see anything out of him last night. Trey did NOT get all the calls.
I know. Just wanted to get that out there. I’m not gonna say anything negative towards the kids especially trey or Stulley. Them and Ike have grown up playing against each other and I know have great respect for each other. The truth of what is gonna happen Saturday is that a really good team is gonna have their season end.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This is shaping up nicely.

It was nice to see you last night. Pfloyd and I are going separate ways tonight but I imagine we will be back Saturday for both games.

Then at The Convo we will see all of you there pretty much every day.

Starting Saturday 2/29. 10 games in 4 days.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I don’t think trey played a bad game at all. You don’t have to score 30 to play well. I wish people could just get that. That’s why I make an argument for Isaac so much because of what all he does for his team but everyone wants to say ok, player A averages 25 ppg and player B averages 19 so player A is better. I get so tired of it. I’ll tell you what Trey did last night for his team that not many people notice. But I did because I’m one of the smartest people in the crowd at almost every game. Trey set a lot of screens last night. Now you wouldn’t think that’s a big deal but trey sets a screen and both defenders involved have to stick to Trey because they’re scared to death he’s gonna roll out and hit a 3. The guy he sets a screen for is WIDE open. That’s all Trey. He also handles the ball extremely well for his team and is a VERY smart basketball player. Quit placing such importance on someone having a good or bad game based off their point total. Little best game of the year was one he scored 9 points in. Trey played good enough for the team to win a tournament game why isn’t that good enough?

I said what he did was good enoug, didn’t say he had to do more he was able to do more than just impact the box score and was able to help his team ultimately win

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:58 pm This is shaping up nicely.

It was nice to see you last night. Pfloyd and I are going separate ways tonight but I imagine we will be back Saturday for both games.

Then at The Convo we will see all of you there pretty much every day.

Starting Saturday 2/29. 10 games in 4 days.
Always great seeing you too! Sorry to disappoint but I’m a different person than you seen last year. I got off all the medication and only drink 5 days a week now

Pfloyd it was great meeting you in person. I’d drink a beer with u anytime. I’d love to hear all the weird things that have happened in the back of that van.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Porky you are clueless

This game is a toss up

Likely come down to who has last possession

Should be one for the ages

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:53 pm Porky you are clueless

This game is a toss up

Likely come down to who has last possession

Should be one for the ages

should be like the time they played in the convo in 2018 that was a great game

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Similar teams in many regards. Unioto's game goes through Little, Waverly's through Trey. If not scoring they're creating shots for others. Unioto obviously goes deeper into their bench. Both teams play extremely hard. Size is very similar.

I was very impressed with # 12 for Unioto last night. Made several clutch shots including the one in the lane with just over a minute to go. Who would that be?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:37 pm Similar teams in many regards. Unioto's game goes through Little, Waverly's through Trey. If not scoring they're creating shots for others. Unioto obviously goes deeper into their bench. Both teams play extremely hard. Size is very similar.

I was very impressed with # 12 for Unioto last night. Made several clutch shots including the one in the lane with just over a minute to go. Who would that be?
Josh Lambert! He’s been really good for us this year!

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I can’t pick against Unioto. Their team mentality just keeps paying dividends. I would expect another very physical game(tournament games are always physical) and I like Unioto’s discipline on both sides to win out. I was impressed in the Hillsboro game with Lambert as he continues to be an X factor for them. Little made a few mistakes but ran the team and knocked down some very important pressure free throws when it counted. That’s a sign of a good point guard. Unioto 55-48. Good luck to both teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”