(4) Unioto vs (5) Waverly Sat 2/22

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: (4) Unioto vs (5) Waverly Sat 2/22

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:18 pm
Nipgencounty wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:54 pm
bucknuts09 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:40 pm Great game to watch with an impressive environment, Take the transfer crap to a different thread. This was a great game between two evenly matched teams.
The "transfer crap" is a real thing. Really sad. Its the society we live in though. Little Johhny can't be the star at school A. So we'll go to schhol B. Sad.
Is that why kids transfer? Jackson lost Kyle Ondera and Ryan Borden to Oak Hill. Both were going to be two of the best Jackson ever had. Borden was a 17 ppg sophomore in an insane SEOAL with Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Ironton....all of whom either recently won state or made final 4....add in Warren, Logan. Ondera was a freshman PG handling the pressure of those insanely fast teams....they left for Norm and Oak Hill. They won a state championship! Borden hit a 3 to send championship game to OT and another in OT to seal the state championship. Ondera was the MVP of the Final 4! You don’t think those two could’ve been the stars at Jackson? And you know how much it pissed me and so many others at Jackson off? So much that we went and cheered them and Oak Hill on from the districts through the state championship.

Few years later we have a set of twins who were Jackson kids and in a program of losing was in place, not for lack of trying but we weren’t there yet. Those twins left for Oak Hill to join up with others who also left to Oak Hill. They went for 2000 points combined at OH where Norm stalled his way through games at great success. Again, we traveled and watched their tournament runs. Both would’ve scored 1000 point scorers and Jackson would’ve been where we are about 2 years sooner.

And of course Mr. Swackhammer left for Unioto....he was the 7 man when they ripped 100 points on Jackson, he would’ve been the star of Jackson that year. He would’ve went for 1500 points at Jackson.

Those kids and families would’ve been huge at Jackson but they did what they thought was best, agree or not...they all left and we’re smaller pieces of the whole than they would’ve been. You could say greener pastures in each case if you want but none of those 5 stars left because they couldn’t be the stars.

We live in a day and age where fans spend more energy rooting against other teams and players than they do rooting for their own team.
Well said I92 ...

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:18 pm
Nipgencounty wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:54 pm

The "transfer crap" is a real thing. Really sad. Its the society we live in though. Little Johhny can't be the star at school A. So we'll go to schhol B. Sad.
Is that why kids transfer? Jackson lost Kyle Ondera and Ryan Borden to Oak Hill. Both were going to be two of the best Jackson ever had. Borden was a 17 ppg sophomore in an insane SEOAL with Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Ironton....all of whom either recently won state or made final 4....add in Warren, Logan. Ondera was a freshman PG handling the pressure of those insanely fast teams....they left for Norm and Oak Hill. They won a state championship! Borden hit a 3 to send championship game to OT and another in OT to seal the state championship. Ondera was the MVP of the Final 4! You don’t think those two could’ve been the stars at Jackson? And you know how much it pissed me and so many others at Jackson off? So much that we went and cheered them and Oak Hill on from the districts through the state championship.

Few years later we have a set of twins who were Jackson kids and in a program of losing was in place, not for lack of trying but we weren’t there yet. Those twins left for Oak Hill to join up with others who also left to Oak Hill. They went for 2000 points combined at OH where Norm stalled his way through games at great success. Again, we traveled and watched their tournament runs. Both would’ve scored 1000 point scorers and Jackson would’ve been where we are about 2 years sooner.

And of course Mr. Swackhammer left for Unioto....he was the 7 man when they ripped 100 points on Jackson, he would’ve been the star of Jackson that year. He would’ve went for 1500 points at Jackson.

Those kids and families would’ve been huge at Jackson but they did what they thought was best, agree or not...they all left and we’re smaller pieces of the whole than they would’ve been. You could say greener pastures in each case if you want but none of those 5 stars left because they couldn’t be the stars.

We live in a day and age where fans spend more energy rooting against other teams and players than they do rooting for their own team.
Well said I92 ...
On point......

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Interesting thing about Piketon being angry about transfers ... 3 of their best players in the last 20 years came from Western or Eastern and transferred in after their sophomore year.

They seemed to like those transfers.

Everyone likes the ones they receive. Hates the ones they lose.

I couldn’t say anything as nice as Ironman92 so I didn’t try.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:18 pm Interesting thing about Piketon being angry about transfers ... 3 of their best players in the last 20 years came from Western or Eastern and transferred in after their sophomore year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:18 pm Interesting thing about Piketon being angry about transfers ... 3 of their best players in the last 20 years came from Western or Eastern and transferred in after their sophomore year.

Another good angle. They never cheered for Eric Caudill or Doug Williams either

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 am
smurray wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:15 am With the way this season started (late start from football, injuries, kids out, quits, etc) it’s testament to the staff and players to be where they are at 19-5 and Sectional Champions.
And give some credit to the always supporting TIGER NATION! Wow, did they show up in a big way last night. Looking for a HUGE following Saturday at the CONVO.
Half your student section was svc kids cheering against Unioto. 🤦‍♂️
Wrong

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:59 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 am
smurray wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:15 am With the way this season started (late start from football, injuries, kids out, quits, etc) it’s testament to the staff and players to be where they are at 19-5 and Sectional Champions.
And give some credit to the always supporting TIGER NATION! Wow, did they show up in a big way last night. Looking for a HUGE following Saturday at the CONVO.
Half your student section was svc kids cheering against Unioto. 🤦‍♂️
Wrong
Relax it was a joke. At least a 3rd of them

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Transfers are what they are. Every school has benefited and suffered from kids coming and going.

None of us can throw stones on that one.

Last night was a great battle. Unfortunately someone has to lose and go home.

Everyone in the gym got their five dollars worth.

I think everyone has to agree the Robertson kid is next level for this area.

I notice even ole Porky has went from saying overrated to one of best in SE Ohio! Haha!

Good luck to all local teams that get to move one. Represent the SE well, we don't get much respect around the rest of the state.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 pm Transfers are what they are. Every school has benefited and suffered from kids coming and going.

None of us can throw stones on that one.

Last night was a great battle. Unfortunately someone has to lose and go home.

Everyone in the gym got their five dollars worth.

I think everyone has to agree the Robertson kid is next level for this area.

I notice even ole Porky has went from saying overrated to one of best in SE Ohio! Haha!

Good luck to all local teams that get to move one. Represent the SE well, we don't get much respect around the rest of the state.
Had me on the edge of my seat waiting to read a compliment on Isaac. We’ll get you there. Baby steps

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Who from Western?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Great game and atmosphere! Both teams played hard and could tell they wanted that sectional championship bad. I believe everyone left it out on the floor.

I thought Keiser did a great job on Trey. You could definitely tell when he went out of the game. But you could see in that 4th quarter Keiser was running low on energy and was struggling to keep up with Trey.

Waverly played most of that game with three sophomores on the court. But that youth didn’t show much last night.

The season continues for the Tigers as they eye a District Title next. But the future for these guys are bright.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Kyle Vulgamore
Eric Caudill
Doug and Danny Williams
All from Eastern

Don’t think Piketon has gotten any elite players from Western in last 20 years

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

So from 1992, 28 years you have Caudill, Williams x2, Vulgamore x3, Hitchcock, Francis, Chase can’t remember his last name, C. Smith 09’, who else? I don’t have a problem with transfers but to assume everyone on here complaining about transfers is a Piketon fan is a stretch.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

The kids that came from Eastern during strike is a different deal. Everyone jumped off the Eastern ship during that time

Every school around got Eastern kids

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Evan Ferguson from Waverly, forgot him, 12’.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:14 pm Kyle Vulgamore
Eric Caudill
Doug and Danny Williams
All from Eastern

Don’t think Piketon has gotten any elite players from Western in last 20 years
talking Perdue I’m assuming. He did leave 2 years and come back
Last edited by mlittle on Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Ahhh, yeah that’s probably it. Am I missing anyone on my list?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:28 pm Ahhh, yeah that’s probably it. Am I missing anyone on my list?
Little 92 but I was in jr high so maybe that doesn’t count

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Who gives a crap about Piketon transfers? Or Unioto transfers? Or any schools transfers?

Adults on here act worse than kids.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 pm Who gives a crap about Piketon transfers? Or Unioto transfers? Or any schools transfers?

Adults on here act worse than kids.
Tons of people care for some reason

Return to “Boys Basketball”