Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Post by Ironman92 »

Big time matchup early in the tournament. Jackson defeated McClain 66-31 and Logan Elm beat Miami Trace 51-26

Two quick teams with not great size and great coaching staffs. Not sure either team wanted this matchup but here it is.

Game Saturday at 3:00 at Southeastern

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Re: Jackson vs Logan Elm...Sectional Final

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

this is going to be an awesome game
speed all over th floor great shooters can't decide which way to go
maybe an upset brewing

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I’m buying the upset Elm 51-49

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Jackson probably slightly better, but Elm always a tough out. Should be a good one 👏

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Have to go with Jackson, but hope Logan Elm proves me wrong.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good match up. Both teams with great years. Caleb Wallis makes sure the Ironmen survive and advance.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Logan Elm by 9, they made Miami Trace look bad

PikeCounty
Waterboy

Post by PikeCounty »

I’m going LE with the upset in this one, hope it doesn’t happen though because I love watching Wallis play

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You know...I don’t know who is going to win this game but man could we get less credit? Jackson is 20-3, has the best player in the SE District tournament has throttled some quality opponents by large numbers, broken some spirits of teams along the way. Yeah, we’re upsettable just like every other team still playing but my lord we’ve had a tremendous season and have played great nearly every quarter the past 10 or so games. Fully healthy, great seniors, great shooters, great coaching staff as well. We are better than any team Logan Elm has beaten. We’ll be more than ready to prevent the upset so many are saying will happen.

Jackson 59
Logan Elm 51

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great game and Logan Elm will be very prepared...... but so will Jackson.

End of the day Jackson has did what it takes to win way more frequently than Logan Elm this year. Jackson is deserving of the higher seed and is who I see winning this game.

Jackson 55
Logan Elm 42

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Prep Expert
Freshman Team

Post by Prep Expert »

Jackson doesn’t get much credit because the FAC was not a very strong conference this year. What were there, 2 teams with a winning record in the FAC??? Chillicothe and Jackson? Mid-state is one of the strongest conferences every year in Southern Ohio. I saw Fairfield Union just absolutely dismantle my Raiders in the 2nd half last night. Fairfield is an extremely difficult matchup because of their height and athleticism. They won the Mid-state and there were a number of teams in that conference with winning records.

Rick Vice 5
Waterboy

Post by Rick Vice 5 »

MSL is a very strong league, I believe 4 teams posted winning records and also a 5th team posted double digit wins.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rick Vice 5 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:50 am MSL is a very strong league, I believe 4 teams posted winning records and also a 5th team posted double digit wins.
That’s fine but about half the teams?

FAC had 2 of the top teams in the district and MT was above .500

3 above and 3 below....MSL is stronger I’m not arguing that at all.

Wonder how MSL team Circleville thinks of Jackson’s chances vs LE? I bet the Circleville folks think Jackson has a good chance of being victorious.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prep Expert wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:16 am Jackson doesn’t get much credit because the FAC was not a very strong conference this year. What were there, 2 teams with a winning record in the FAC??? Chillicothe and Jackson? Mid-state is one of the strongest conferences every year in Southern Ohio. I saw Fairfield Union just absolutely dismantle my Raiders in the 2nd half last night. Fairfield is an extremely difficult matchup because of their height and athleticism. They won the Mid-state and there were a number of teams in that conference with winning records.
Your Raiders play in the TVC where the champ Athens bulldogs just won by 30 over Marietta. We were beating Athens 57-17 in our last game of the season.

Rick Vice 5
Waterboy

Post by Rick Vice 5 »

Sorry,
I was just posting some facts on the MSL, true the FAC had 2 of the top teams in the SE district, however, 5 of the MSL teams are central district. For

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Common Opponents: Courthouse 2x, Miami Trace 2x, Cirvlevile - 1 time for Jackson 2x for Logan Elm. Avg. the C'ville scores, 5 games vs common opponents. Jackson avg scores 72.4 - 34. Logan Elm avg. 58 - 32.4 Both teams play great defense.

I believe there were 4 teams in the MSL with a winning record. The FAC had 3 teams with a winning record.

VS. teams with a winning record, Jackson was 10-3. They lost twice to Chillicothe (the best team in SE District) and to Burg who finished the year 20-2, I believe. Jackson vs teams with losing records: 9-0

VS. teams with a winning record, Logan Elm was 4-5, + 2 losses to teams with losing records. 2 of their losses came to FUHS, and one to ZT, and 2 to Bloom Carrol. Other losses were to Logan, and Liberty Union. Logan Elm vs. teams with losing records: 11-2

JHS 68 ppg / allow - 47
LEHS 55 ppg / allow 48

Should be a great game!

Not taking anything away from Fairfield Union (they are an above excellent basketball team), but River Valley was 1-11 in the TVC. I would take Logan Elm and Jackson by 25+ over the raiders. Jackson played the top 5 teams in the TVC-Ohio this year and won by an avg. of nearly 29 points.

Rick Vice 5
Waterboy

Post by Rick Vice 5 »

Beating the top 5 teams in the TVC by an avg. of 29 pts. is impressive, but let's face it, the TVC Ohio is a rather weak conference top to bottom.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rick Vice 5 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 am Sorry,
I was just posting some facts on the MSL, true the FAC had 2 of the top teams in the SE district, however, 5 of the MSL teams are central district. For
You are fine. Welcome aboard. We need people posting from all areas. MSL definitely more teams that are pretty good+

Rick Vice 5
Waterboy

Post by Rick Vice 5 »

Should be a very good game, two really good teams that are very well coached.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Logan Elm by 5

Return to “Boys Basketball”