(D3) #7 Alexander vs. #10 Adena - Sectional Final

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Re: (D3) #7 Alexander vs. #10 Adena - Sectional Final

Post by sykesb2 »

Realist wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:44 am I heard it was the Adena fans that engaged the Alexander fans. Is this not true?
Not true

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm Wasn’t there so I’m not sure but the level of physicality allowed in some of these tournament games it’s going to continue happening. Tempers are gonna flare
Wasn’t really that physical. Just an idiot of a coach that won the game for us. And their fans were the classiest I’ve seen all year

Cornhusker
Waterboy

Post by Cornhusker »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:44 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:31 pm Host school officials should have moved them before the game.
Or even better! How about the Alex administration. Seems logical.
Alexander administration and crowd control should never be used in the same sentence.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:27 am
VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 am
baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm Alex fans do that at their place so they feel they can do that anywhere! It's a free country we can sit anywhere we want, says the Alex crowd.
Complete BS
I was not going to post this, but after you already have I will have to say that I would have to agree. I have been in the "barn" numerous times following a couple different teams, and about every game that I have been there, there are always quite a few Alexander fans that always get there pretty early and always sit on the front row of the visiting team. It's not kids either, as it is always adults. It never really ever bothered me, as I always wanted to sit up higher anyway. I've never ever saw any problems occur because of it, so I never really thought a great deal about it. There could be numerous reasons as to why they would prefer to sit on the front row, as a lot of people have trouble climbing the steps of the bleachers or whatever. To me if it was for another reason, or to maybe to try to upset the opposing teams fans in some way, then that's a horse of a different color.
Waverly does this as well...not really a big deal so far...just find it odd when there is plenty of room on their side.
waverly won't do this tonight
on the other hand Congrats to Adena hard faught Victory

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm Sounds like the refs lost control of this game
You are just an IDIOT!

You are not there, all you hear is coach be stupid and you blame officials. 1st, that was an intentional foul and it’s always an intentional foul. Coach picks up chair and hurls it and that’s referees fault?

Again, you are just an idiot

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm Wasn’t there so I’m not sure but the level of physicality allowed in some of these tournament games it’s going to continue happening. Tempers are gonna flare
So an intentional foul is called , coach goes ballistic and then fans follow , that becomes a physicality reason for tempers flaring? Wow.
I’m just speaking in general when the game is allowed to reach certain levels of physicality theses things happen. Again I was not there so not speaking to this specific event. It’s no secret that this has been the direction of high school basketball for several years now. Take your ref hat off for just a second and see it from our side. The game is too physical across the board and it needs cleaned up. That being said I know that ALL the responsibility doesn’t fall on to the officials either.
Last edited by mlittle on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

sykesb2 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:16 am
Wasn’t really that physical. Just an idiot of a coach that won the game for us. And their fans were the classiest I’ve seen all year
When we were at piketon we played them in the district semi and they had us beat and he got the dumbest technical I’ve ever seen and it cost them the game. again I’m not speaking to this specific event and have no problem expressing my concerns for how physical high school basketball has gotten.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:41 am
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm Sounds like the refs lost control of this game
You are just an IDIOT!

You are not there, all you hear is coach be stupid and you blame officials. 1st, that was an intentional foul and it’s always an intentional foul. Coach picks up chair and hurls it and that’s referees fault?

Again, you are just an idiot
I blame the seating. People were obviously too close to each other

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

So an intentional foul is called , coach goes ballistic and then fans follow , that becomes a physicality reason for tempers flaring? Wow.
For what it’s worth I haven’t said this yet but I think you’re an awesome ref. Seem to be very knowledgeable of the rules and your crew typically calls about the fairest game I’ve seen in our area consistently. By fair I mean somewhere in the middle of too many whistles and not enough. I wish they didn’t split you guys up during tournament. What is the purpose for that anyway?

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Sometimes it can be embarrassing to see some things you see. Last night was one of those times. A very similar thing happened three years ago in the districts and now this. I don’t understand why the school district allows this type of behavior. When you are surrounded by yes men, there is no one to hold you accountable. Alexander plays their best basketball in December every year because they practice on Sundays all year long. The teams should peek in February and not December. Not sure why the administration lets this happen either.

The people I hate this for the most is the seniors who have lived with this since the fourth grade.

Good luck to Adena and the other teams playing in the convo.

Go Alex and go TVC.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

spartans_fan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:23 am Sometimes it can be embarrassing to see some things you see. Last night was one of those times. A very similar thing happened three years ago in the districts and now this. I don’t understand why the school district allows this type of behavior. When you are surrounded by yes men, there is no one to hold you accountable. Alexander plays their best basketball in December every year because they practice on Sundays all year long. The teams should peek in February and not December. Not sure why the administration lets this happen either.

The people I hate this for the most is the seniors who have lived with this since the fourth grade.

Good luck to Adena and the other teams playing in the convo.

Go Alex and go TVC.
Yea that T he got in district semis against Piketon was just dumb 🤷‍♂️

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
For what it’s worth I haven’t said this yet but I think you’re an awesome ref. Seem to be very knowledgeable of the rules and your crew typically calls about the fairest game I’ve seen in our area consistently. By fair I mean somewhere in the middle of too many whistles and not enough. I wish they didn’t split you guys up during tournament. What is the purpose for that anyway?
My bad. Was just brought to my attention I have you mixed up with someone else. Even tho I’m sure you’re still awesome

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:45 am
My bad. Was just brought to my attention I have you mixed up with someone else. Even tho I’m sure you’re still awesome
Brown nose much mlittle lol!?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

JC2124 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:06 am

Big game tonight. Never know who’s reading. Lol

I feel like every ref on here that posts and reads are pretty amazing people and have the toughest job in the world. I respect and admire them all

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 am
JC2124 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:06 am

Big game tonight. Never know who’s reading. Lol

I feel like every ref on here that posts and reads are pretty amazing people and have the toughest job in the world. I respect and admire them all
I agree completely. I respect the job they do. Truly a thankless job.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

“The controversial sequence started a minute into the fourth, when Alexander’s Luke Chapman was called for an intentional foul as the Warriors were out on a fast break.

The officials conferred at mid-court before deciding to call the foul intentional, a decision that wasn’t received well from the Spartans’ sideline.

Adena’s Cade McKee went to the foul line to shoot the free throws. While doing so, Alexander assistant coach Jordan Hill had his players huddle around him in front of their bench to discuss strategy.

Adena’s Logan Bennett followed the Spartans into the huddle to listen in, an action that led to shoves from both sides.

McKee missed the first free throw, and the officials stopped play to address the situation, ultimately telling Kearns to stay in his coaching box.

The Alexander bench again felt like it got the short end of a decision by the officiating crew, as Kearns ripped off his pull-over jacket and threw it behind the bench.

McKee made the second free throw, then Preston Sykes followed with a basket to give Adena a 32-27 lead.

The situation reached a crescendo when Alexander’s Kyler D’Augustino was whistled for an offensive foul while bringing the basketball up the court.

Kearns’ reaction to the call led to his first technical. He walked away from the officials and attempted to push over the chairs at the end of the Spartans’ bench. It was that action that led the officials to quickly issue a second technical, ejecting Kearns from the game.“

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

I talked to one of my good buddies who was at the game, he’s a total neutral party so he wouldn’t blame one of these teams out of bias. And he made it seem like Adena fans and players were the aggressors in both the on and off court stuff. Which is really a shame.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

3sUp wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:05 pm I talked to one of my good buddies who was at the game, he’s a total neutral party so he wouldn’t blame one of these teams out of bias. And he made it seem like Adena fans and players were the aggressors in both the on and off court stuff. Which is really a shame.
Be ready to duck.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

3sUp wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:05 pm I talked to one of my good buddies who was at the game, he’s a total neutral party so he wouldn’t blame one of these teams out of bias. And he made it seem like Adena fans and players were the aggressors in both the on and off court stuff. Which is really a shame.
Your good buddy is incorrect.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

I’ve heard from several unbiased parties that Adena fans were the aggressors also, but Alexander’s coach was out of line.

Return to “Boys Basketball”