No. 6 Athens (17-7) vs No. 7 Logan Elm (17-7)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: No. 6 Athens (17-7) vs No. 7 Logan Elm (17-7)

Post by Raider6309 »

I forgot about Gail. He was fun to watch last year

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Well, I was looking forward to the rematch with my Warriors, but Athens was absolutely exposed. Unguarded 3’s, then Logan Elm forced them into man to man and it may have been the worse version of M2M I’ve ever seen. Logan Elm couldn’t figure out which wide open shot to take first, basket cuts, layups galore, and pull up J’s like it was a shooting drill. For a team with such athletes that was absolutely a miserable display of defense.

Just wish it was Big Blue putting that wood to them! Now it’s on! The battle of former Logan Chieftains going at it. Going to be fun at the Convo. Oh and speaking of the Convo, what a joke a million dollar video board that says HOME AWAY, no team names, no logos, nothing.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:57 pm Well, I was looking forward to the rematch with my Warriors, but Athens was absolutely exposed. Unguarded 3’s, then Logan Elm forced them into man to man and it may have been the worse version of M2M I’ve ever seen. Logan Elm couldn’t figure out which wide open shot to take first, basket cuts, layups galore, and pull up J’s like it was a shooting drill. For a team with such athletes that was absolutely a miserable display of defense.

Just wish it was Big Blue putting that wood to them! Now it’s on! The battle of former Logan Chieftains going at it. Going to be fun at the Convo. Oh and speaking of the Convo, what a joke a million dollar video board that says HOME AWAY, no team names, no logos, nothing.
Athens ends the season with a perfect record vs the BBB (1-0)

;)

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:57 pm Well, I was looking forward to the rematch with my Warriors, but Athens was absolutely exposed. Unguarded 3’s, then Logan Elm forced them into man to man and it may have been the worse version of M2M I’ve ever seen. Logan Elm couldn’t figure out which wide open shot to take first, basket cuts, layups galore, and pull up J’s like it was a shooting drill. For a team with such athletes that was absolutely a miserable display of defense.

I was also very disappointed in the scoreboard. Way worse than was there for years before! You can't even tell how many fouls each team has in the half, how many time-outs are left, or who holds the possession arrow. At least Lou clearly announces who the foul is on and how many team fouls there are. Also when some one scored or committed a foul it would flash up for a few seconds and give how many points they had scored and how many fouls they had committed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Barlow plays in the dump of the Warriordome but complains about the million dollar scoreboard in a 14,000 seat arena :lol:
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Let’s have Barlow run the scoreboard and graphics for Wayne. I believe in you

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm Let’s have Barlow run the scoreboard and graphics for Wayne. I believe in you
And the shot clock

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:37 pm And the shot clock
I had to do that a few times. That sucks to run

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Anyone feel like researching to see if we've ever had none of the top 6 seeds play for a D2 district title? Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:50 pm Anyone feel like researching to see if we've ever had none of the top 6 seeds play for a D2 district title? Lol
So top 3 seeds of each former sectional...basically be like the 4/5 seeds at Logan squaring off for a district championship

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 pm

Athens ends the season with a perfect record vs the BBB (1-0)

;)
And BBB is playing Thursday, Athens is not. And 93 can you answer me why Warren has to go by “HOME” on the scoreboard while Athens actually gets their name spelled out? Are you guys really that petty that you disrespect other teams. I can get the game was not at Athens high School, but ironically Athens has university people on their team and they at least get their name on the scoreboard. Gloat on that one win if I remember right Wellston beat Jackson once in 40 years too, you guys are our Wellston! Home by the way we get to play Thursday

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Good god, LE is good! Been watching those juniors since we played them as freshman. Such basketball dudes. Shot 90% in first half. That combined w my Dogs not having any defensive intensity made for a game that was never up in the air beyond the first quarter. LE just surgcally cut us apart. Best of luck to them. That is some beautiful, impressive basketball to watch

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nice seeing pfloyd, 93Bulldog and a number of other fine folks at Basketball :30. Nothing like hearing the passion of Sweet Lou over the Convo sound system. Hopefully I'll be worthy of a shoutout one day.

As for Travis, he is taking a Basketball 101 class.

Solid effort by the Braves. Very unselfish and great ball movement. I'll leave this here for 93Bulldog.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lol thanks bman

Maybe we'll cross paths again this spring.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 am Lol thanks bman

Barlow, Athens didnt have its name on the scoreboard. It was home & away just like the other game.
Our best baseball will likely be in D3.

For our game it was listed as LEHS and Athens on the scoreboard.

For the first game, you can't do WHS vs. WHS on the scoreboard and I noticed on the template they use for the overhead scoreboard that the OHSAA logo by the home and away doesn't give a lot of room for writing. They may want to drop those, if they can, because there are other OHSAA logos on their template. I'm not going to complain much about it, because we have the best district tournament in the state and Wayne and his crew do an amazing job every year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bman wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:20 am

Barlow, Athens didnt have its name on the scoreboard. It was home & away just like the other game.

For the first game, you can't do WHS vs. WHS on the scoreboard and I noticed on the template they use for the overhead scoreboard that the OHSAA logo by the home and away doesn't give a lot of room for writing. They may want to drop those, if they can, because there are other OHSAA logos on their template. I'm not going to complain much about it, because we have the best district tournament in the state and Wayne and his crew do an amazing job every year.
Why not Waverly and Warren?

Seems weird if a scoreboard couldn’t do that. I don’t care much either as long as it’s keeping score.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I92 ... At the state tournament, names are abbreviated on the big board at the Schott as well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:17 amAnd BBB is playing Thursday, Athens is not. And 93 can you answer me why Warren has to go by “HOME” on the scoreboard while Athens actually gets their name spelled out? Are you guys really that petty that you disrespect other teams. I can get the game was not at Athens high School, but ironically Athens has university people on their team and they at least get their name on the scoreboard. Gloat on that one win if I remember right Wellston beat Jackson once in 40 years too, you guys are our Wellston! Home by the way we get to play Thursday
Wellston has beaten Jackson in hoops, so you are referring to football? be kind of funny if you are.

Trimble hasn't lost to Southern in like 20+ years with an average scoring margin around 50. You guys are our Southern! lol

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

bman wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:20 am

Internal decision by the Athletic department not to allow usage of the functions of the board. Removed all graphics and school logos that have been used over past 20 years.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Coaching plays a big part --this time of year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”