Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake-District semifinals 3-1-20

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake-District semifinals 3-1-20

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Lot of big matchups over the years at the Convo between these two.

Looking forward to a great game!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake-District semifinals 3-1-20

Post by VetteMan »

Didn't get to see the Chesapeake - Minford Sectional Championship game, heard that the Peake made up a 13-14 pt deficit in the 3 rd Qtr. against the Falcons. Chesapeake kind of hard to figure out at times this year, unbeatable at times, not so great ( Eastern Brown ) at other times. I think that the Burg may be playing there best basketball of the year right now. Burg has been getting very good scoring out of a couple kids that early in the year they were not really relying on. Could and should be a very good basketball game. Congrats to both teams on advancing to the Convo.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

GO BURG! Gonna be a battle at the roundhouse. As long as Burg handles the pressure and limits the amount of turnovers then Burg should win and I think that the guards Burg has can handle the pressure Burg loves to run so let's see if they can or not against the Peake haven't seen Peake play this year so I have no idea about them. Have seen Burg play and if they keep playing the way they are I don't see them losing this game but ya never know at tournament time. BURG 53 Peake 41

Burg grad 85
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I think the key for Burg is to have Swords shoot the ball, by far the most consistent game in game out, and if he doesn’t get the look, Truitt and Miller are just as reliable.. 57-43 Burg

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Peak in an old fashion give and go beat down crushing!! Not even close......

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I actually like Burg here. Chesapeake is well known for their pressure but it’s common knowledge that it’s harder to press at the Convo. Bigger floor, more area to cover, and Peake isn’t very deep. I think Burg matches up very well with Peake and Fairland so they got on the side of the bracket they needed, because they don’t matchup as well with Zane Trace, Ironton, or Eastern Brown.

Burg 59
Peake 48

Watching SE Ohio basketball
vegas2loveland
Waterboy

Post by vegas2loveland »

i saw chessy play 9 players against fairland at fairland. a game in which they lead in the 3rd qtr. wheelersburg 0-1 vs urnton. urnton 0-2 vs the peake. gotta love people's thoughts on here. and yes as a person whos watched the defeats of 88 89 92 00 02 in person i know all too well the sting of the burg. just gotta love people's scouting reports on here. if u want a real scouting report the panthers did struggle mightily at the charity stripe against the dragons. shot decent fts against minford. peake ability to forcing to's and the charity stripe will decide this one as peakes pressure didnt bother the falcons first half but destroyed them second half after being down 35--21 to win 59-49.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Matchups, matchups, matchups my friend. Basketball is all about matchups. One game Logan Elm only beat Miami Trace by 6.... Jackson beat Miami Trace by 17 one game and by 24 the other... By that logic then there's no way Logan Elm should beat Jackson, right? Logan Elm just beat Jackson by 19 in the sectional. Common opponents don't always show the true picture.

And I think Wheelersburg matches up very well with Chesapeake. Both teams have great guard play, solid role players, but I'd give a slight edge to Wheelersburg in terms of bigs (McCorkle) and can trust their bench more so than Chesapeake. If Chesapeake is able to turn Wheelersburg over at a high rate then of course I can see them winning...... but on a big floor it's not as easy to do so I think Burg handles the pressure and wins this game.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Peake by 14

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Peak by 18

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be a good battle. Swords stepping up of late has been big for Burg, he’ll be needed to beat Peake

Burg 59
Peake 54

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:21 am Matchups, matchups, matchups my friend. Basketball is all about matchups. One game Logan Elm only beat Miami Trace by 6.... Jackson beat Miami Trace by 17 one game and by 24 the other... By that logic then there's no way Logan Elm should beat Jackson, right? Logan Elm just beat Jackson by 19 in the sectional. Common opponents don't always show the true picture.

And I think Wheelersburg matches up very well with Chesapeake. Both teams have great guard play, solid role players, but I'd give a slight edge to Wheelersburg in terms of bigs (McCorkle) and can trust their bench more so than Chesapeake. If Chesapeake is able to turn Wheelersburg over at a high rate then of course I can see them winning...... but on a big floor it's not as easy to do so I think Burg handles the pressure and wins this game.
Good post, very true but I see Peake winning this one by 8-10.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Why is this game not being talked about right now? One of this weekends biggest games. Burg by 11

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Not much talk about this game yet and its gonna be a good one cant wait to make the drive to Burrow city and watch Da Burg !

Burg grad 85
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:46 am Not much talk about this game yet and its gonna be a good one cant wait to make the drive to Burrow city and watch Da Burg !
*coach O*
Ah ug ru baskaball ooo ya crawfish boi haha GEAUX PIRATES

TO THE CONVEAUX

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

If I had to bet I would take Peake by 10

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:18 am Why is this game not being talked about right now? One of this weekends biggest games. Burg by 11
I feel like there isn’t much chatter about any games this week honestly.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

I could see this game going into the 60s in scoring. Burg wins by 4

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

I'm not one to look much at pre-season, but if i'm not mistaken. didn't Peake beat wheelersburg in a scrimmage before season?

Either way this looks to be shaping up to a top game at the convo this weekend that could come down to making free throws. I'll go burg by a basket.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Burg seems to have gotten better as the year went on. Peaks speed will cause problems but Burg has too much size and depth. Hoping my Tigers can get a W Sunday

Return to “Boys Basketball”