SEO Tournament - Record by Conference

bbjunky81
SEO

SEO Tournament - Record by Conference

Post by bbjunky81 »

I only included games that are played in the SE District tournament. So if you're in a league like the MSL, I did not count games for teams who are not in the SE District. In some instances a team played a conference foe in the tournament so therefore the league is guaranteed a loss. I could have missed a couple so feel free to correct it if so.

10-5 ----- OVC
9-9 ----- SOC 2
7-7 ----- SVC
3-3 ----- MSL
7-6 ----- SHAC
6-7 ----- TVC Hocking
5-7 ----- TVC Ohio
4-7 ----- SOC 1
2-5 ----- FAC
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: SEO Tournament - Record by Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Nice showing by the SOC 2 so far. Two teams already in the District Semis, with good odds to make it to the Championship games. And 3 teams still alive with hopes of getting a Sectional Championship this week and secure their spots in the District Semis.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SOC2 consistently the strongest conference around with the OVC flexing as well.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

OVC with 4 teams in the district semifinals. Half of the conference. Congratulations to Ironton, Chesapeake, Fairland, and South Point.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

SOC 2 again the best conference in SEO

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Kicker: I don't agree with your statement. Fairland beat Waverly 50-29 and Ironton won at Wheelersburg 56-47. The top 2 teams in the OVC beat the top 2 teams in the SOC2. Chesapeake ousted Minford in the Jackson sectional. Ironton beat Oak Hill in the Jackson sectional. Right now, the OVC has 4 teams in district play, while the SOC2 has Wheelersburg and Waverly with the results of South Webster, Eastern Pike, and Valley pending.

There is no factual basis to say that the SOC2 is better than the OVC in the 2019-2020 season.
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Which I have no issue with you disagreeing trojandave, as for the tournament right now the SOC is having more success rather than the regular season to where as u said multiple teams from the OVC had beaten SOC teams

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

I edited my post above to include #4 OVC team Ironton beating #3 SOC2 team Oak Hill in the Jackson sectional.

kicker: How is the SOC having more success in the tournament than the OVC, when Ironton beat Oak Hill and Chesapeake beat Minford in sectional play? The only reason that the SOC2 has more teams in the tournament at this point is because D4 hasn't played all their sectional games yet. The OVC is a D3 conference, with the exception of Gallia Academy, which did lose to Waverly in the D2 sectional. Minford did beat Coal Grove in the Jackson sectional.

The regular season wins by the OVC head to head against the top 2 teams in the SOC, combined with 4 teams in the district, is the reason I'm saying that the OVC is better. Thus far, in tournament play, the OVC and the SOC2 are 2-2......but the OVC has ousted the #3 and #4 teams in the SOC2 in tournament play. The SOC2 has wins over #6 OVC Gallia Academy and #7 OVC Coal Grove.
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

D3 and D4 is always weak outside the top teams

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Next week would be the best time to look at this. D4 hasn't completed sectionals yet and top seeds have played only one or no games yet. In SHAC two teams play in Cincinnati and Peebles and Fairfield haven't played yet. Eastern Brown is 1-0.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

My mistake for misreading the topic header....... regular season OVC wins vs. SOC2 wins have nothing to do with this topic.
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

From top to bottom the SOC ll is stronger than the OVC IMO. Also Burg was definitely in a funk when Ironton beat them they had just lost to Waverly and it really wasnt close and after Burg lost to Ironton I think it woke them up they haven't lost a game since and been playing alot better the team defense has done a complete 180. Good luck to all the area teams who are still playing and Go Burg! Gotta take care of the Peake

Burg grad 85
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

while what you are saying trojandave is true the quality of the opponent the SOC teams have beaten in contrast to the OVC and who’ve they’ve played thus far and have head to head wins the SOC has just beaten who they drew for the tournament and as a result have the best record out of the areas conferences

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:27 pm From top to bottom the SOC ll is stronger than the OVC IMO. Also Burg was definitely in a funk when Ironton beat them they had just lost to Waverly and it really wasnt close and after Burg lost to Ironton I think it woke them up they haven't lost a game since and been playing alot better the team defense has done a complete 180. Good luck to all the area teams who are still playing and Go Burg! Gotta take care of the Peake
Top to bottom? How so? The bottom of the SOC 2 was very very bad.

The #7 OVC team nearly beat #4 SOC 2 in the sectional. Heck the team in last place in the OVC, Rock Hill, only lost to the #3 SOC team Oak Hill by 5 during the season. Rock Hill didn’t win a league game all year and even led Oak Hill in the 4th quarter.

On the flip side the bottom of the SOC is Northwest... do you think they could have nearly beat any team in the top 4 of the OVC? What about any team in the entire OVC?

The SOC 2 had 2 very good teams but after that there’s not much there in terms of what they’ve proven so far.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ovc historically has a better track record as of late. Burg and oak hill tend to make noise but the others usually bow out early.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Pee pee measuring contest now between the SOC2 and OVC.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:27 pm From top to bottom the SOC ll is stronger than the OVC IMO. Also Burg was definitely in a funk when Ironton beat them they had just lost to Waverly and it really wasnt close and after Burg lost to Ironton I think it woke them up they haven't lost a game since and been playing alot better the team defense has done a complete 180. Good luck to all the area teams who are still playing and Go Burg! Gotta take care of the Peake
Give Ironton some credit. Tough team that started late. Peake will give burg problems.

Spartan61
Waterboy

Post by Spartan61 »

Of course burg would never get beat unless they beat them selves .

Good teams don't go in FUNKS

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Updated with last nights results

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SOC2 rounding out sectionals tonight with Valley and Webster. I think this is 5 and 6 SOC2 vs 3 and 2 SOC1

Return to “Boys Basketball”