D3 District - Zane Trace vs. Adena

bbjunky81
SEO

D3 District - Zane Trace vs. Adena

Post by bbjunky81 »

March 1st at 5:30

Third time these conference foes have seen each other. Can Adena pull the upset?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D3 District - Zane Trace vs. Adena

Post by Ironman92 »

ZT by 9

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Just think ZT is a little too much. I could see this being similar to the Sectional Championship game against Piketon. I think Adena can keep it close throughout but ZT will find a way to win late. They just have too much talent and senior leadership to let this one slip away.

Backerpitch70
Waterboy

Post by Backerpitch70 »

Adena playing its best ball of the year by far right now. Adena by 8

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ZT should keep winning until they play Harvest Prep

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

ZT by 10 but it’s hard not to root for Adena with all they have delt with. Good luck to both teams.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The standings here on SEOP show ZT winning both games, one game by 16 pts, the 2nd game by 13 pts. I think this is just an honest mistake, but I think it showed both games being played at Adena. We all know that old adage about how hard it is to beat the same team 3 times in one season, and in quite a few instances that is quite true. I think I would still give the advantage to ZT, even though I think it will be a great ballgame.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Close game. Both teams had success in the District Tournament last year.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:10 pm The standings here on SEOP show ZT winning both games, one game by 16 pts, the 2nd game by 13 pts. I think this is just an honest mistake, but I think it showed both games being played at Adena. We all know that old adage about how hard it is to beat the same team 3 times in one season, and in quite a few instances that is quite true. I think I would still give the advantage to ZT, even though I think it will be a great ballgame.
Both games were closer than the final, with ZT pulling away in the 4th both times. Adena is playing better now than they have all year. The Convo can also do strange things to teams, good or bad. I expect this one to be a nail biter.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 pm ZT should keep winning until they play Harvest Prep
ouch HP tough road block.

Kidbuckeye
Waterboy

Post by Kidbuckeye »

Zane Trace won both meetings during the season. The first matchup at ZT was back and forth for 2 1/2 quarters with ZT controlling the game late. The second one from 1/30 was much closer game than the score indicates. Adena was actually up by 2 in the fourth quarter until the wheels feel off which was fueled by a 5 shot ZT possession and score followed by two unforced turnovers by Adena. Adena is playing very good right now and are healthy with the exception of Brandon Smith. Zane Trace better play their A game if they are going to beat them three times.

The Warriors have that fire right now, just like last year, and I see the Warriors pulling this one out. Warriors by 2-3 points. (pun intended)

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Adena has been playing well as of late, especially with Logan Bennett coming on at the end of the season.

With that being said I just feel like ZT matches up better at every position. They have the length to disrupt Adenas shooters and cause some havoc inside. Id like to see more of the Robinson kid inside for ZT...disappointed we havent gotten to watch him play more.

if Adena comes out shooting well from 3 it could be a tough win for ZT, but I will take the Pioneers in a fun game to watch.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

This should game should be very exciting. Logan Bennett playing really well for the Warriors and Cam Evans leading the Pioneers. Both teams are pretty familiar with each other having played 2x already. Should be an interesting one for sure as Adena has the ability to shoot the 3 ball really well. I think both teams will match up pretty well. IMO the difference in this ballgame will be who can rebound and hit shots consistently. In the words of Lou Horvath “It’s basketball 30 at the Convo”. Good luck to both Adena and Zane Trace!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Come on over to The Sunday update thread.

Game tips in about 20 minutes.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Close game like I thought.
ZT wins 51-48.

Return to “Boys Basketball”