Just South Webster vs Trimble - DISTRICT SEMI

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Just South Webster vs Trimble - DISTRICT SEMI

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

JC2124 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:35 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:18 pm Rumor has it the Jeeps have 7 transfers on the way and Norm out of retirement for the 5-peat.
Al bs aside the Jeeps have some nice pieces. I would recommend a weight program. I think that exposed them last night. Bockway needs to work on the post and not try to be a perimeter player.
He can go do whatever he wants with his life now. We lost 4 starters last night.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:18 pm Rumor has it the Jeeps have 7 transfers on the way and Norm out of retirement for the 5-peat.
Al bs aside the Jeeps have some nice pieces. I would recommend a weight program. I think that exposed them last night. Bockway needs to work on the post and not try to be a perimeter player.
JC2124 I think you need to worry about a weight program at your school. Maybe you can toughen those boys up enough to field a football team!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

One of our seniors won the 1600 indoor at the Logan indoor meet. No coverage from PFloyd of course

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:45 pm One of our seniors won the 1600 indoor at the Logan indoor meet. No coverage from PFloyd of course
It's not November yet. But, if your going to welsh on your promise already, at least answer all the questions that have been asked of you. :shock:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:48 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:45 pm One of our seniors won the 1600 indoor at the Logan indoor meet. No coverage from PFloyd of course
It's not November yet. But, if your going to welsh on your promise already, at least answer all the questions that have been asked of you. :shock:
What would you like to know my son

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:51 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:48 pm
What would you like to know my son
Wanna know if you're going to answer all the questions that have been asked of you on here?

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:42 pm
JC2124 I think you need to worry about a weight program at your school. Maybe you can toughen those boys up enough to field a football team!
If Athens would stop poaching our kids maybe we would. This is a basketball forum anyways. Not much interest in football at Fed

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:40 pm
He can go do whatever he wants with his life now. We lost 4 starters last night.
I thought he was a junior

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

JC2124 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:05 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:40 pm

I thought he was a junior
Negative.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

JC2124 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:03 pm

If Athens would stop poaching our kids maybe we would. This is a basketball forum anyways. Not much interest in football at Fed
Lol! I would steer clear of the football talk if I were you too.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:36 pm
JC2124 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Lol! I would steer clear of the football talk if I were you too.
I plan too but thanks

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Oh y’all want this football smoke too?

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:13 pm Oh y’all want this football smoke too?
I’ll always enjoy some good football talk but evidently some would rather not hear it.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:39 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:13 pm Oh y’all want this football smoke too?
I’ll always enjoy some good football talk but evidently some would rather not hear it.
Oh please talk football smack with Swanker lol. Swanker tell us all about those Jeeps on the gridiron. I think they would beat the bulldogs by 2 touchdowns.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

The Truth Pine , I bet there upcoming junior high team could, they could be 5 Peat in both football and basketball. They can use all the Trimble shirts for there scrimmages, maybe Trimble will come down to Jeep land and win by more than 50.heard the Convo is looking for cleanup crews for this week. Since The Truth has already sit in it and might as well clean all the stalls out.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Technically Webster is 1-0 in football history.

Does Trimble have a 1000% winning percentage?

Y’all aint nothing but convo seat dookie

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:05 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:25 pm Lack of rebounding caught up to Webster tonight. Gave up 7 offensive boards in first quarter alone. Physical teams had their way with them all year and tonight was no different.

Credit to Jeeps as they could’ve folded up shop on the season when they were at 4-11, but instead kept grinding and got a sectional championship. As for next year, I see the same type of season as rebounding/interior defense still gonna be a problem*
Plenty of time for the young Jeeps to hit the weights. We gotta learn from the past. Its a clean slate and me and you have inside knowledge of part of the problem early on. It’ll get fixed. Next season is going to be another building block I feel like. We’re going to take our licks from Burg and Waverly again but a 2nd scoring threat needs to develop aside from THE TRUTH Trae Zimmerman.
I think Carpenter breaks out.

Give me a good season next year and We’ll be set on kill for 21-22 with Top Gun Jr.
Get what you’re saying about hitting the weights, but Webster got out-rebounded 50-12 against Trimble and 41-15 against Symmes Valley. That not just a strength issue, that’s also an effort/toughness issue and is pretty concerning going forward*

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:46 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:25 pm Lack of rebounding caught up to Webster tonight. Gave up 7 offensive boards in first quarter alone. Physical teams had their way with them all year and tonight was no different.

Credit to Jeeps as they could’ve folded up shop on the season when they were at 4-11, but instead kept grinding and got a sectional championship. As for next year, I see the same type of season as rebounding/interior defense still gonna be a problem*
Plenty of time for the young Jeeps to hit the weights. We gotta learn from the past. Its a clean slate and me and you have inside knowledge of part of the problem early on. It’ll get fixed. Next season is going to be another building block I feel like. We’re going to take our licks from Burg and Waverly again but a 2nd scoring threat needs to develop aside from THE TRUTH Trae Zimmerman.

Give me a good season next year and We’ll be set on kill for 21-22 with Top Gun Jr.
Get what you’re saying about hitting the weights, but Webster got out-rebounded 50-12 against Trimble and 41-15 against Symmes Valley. That not just a strength issue, that’s also an effort/toughness issue and is pretty concerning going forward*

art_vandelay
! are those the true numbers for rebounds in the Trimble game? 50-12? wow! I knew watching the game that it was a beat down on the boards at both ends - wow! I don't keep rbs in my napkin stats - just wow ! that's 91-27 in their last 2 games combined on the boards WITH the height advantage in that Trimble game ... thanks for the numbers !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... excuse me?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:30 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:46 pm

art_vandelay
! are those the true numbers for rebounds in the Trimble game? 50-12? wow! I knew watching the game that it was a beat down on the boards at both ends - wow! I don't keep rbs in my napkin stats - just wow ! that's 91-27 in their last 2 games combined on the boards WITH the height advantage in that Trimble game ... thanks for the numbers !
pfloyd: got that rebounding number for the Trimble game from the Portsmouth Daily Times, so I'm assuming they're right. I've watched a lot of basketball over the years and I cannot ever recall a rebounding disparity like that in a District tourney game. Unbelievable.

And while we're at it, thanks for all you do for SE Ohio high school basketball.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”