Coaching Vacancies 2020-2021

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2020-2021

Post by BigBlueNation »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:24 pm What's Northwest's approach, the job isn't posted on OHSAA as it wasn't the last time it opened either. This leads me to believe that this will another hire from within the NW buddy system.
Not sure where they post openings

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I actually talked to a buddy that lives in Valley school district and he knows the situation. He told me that he knew this coaching change was going to happen a couple months ago. He said a couple board members had been openly talking about it for a while. He also said there was some internal friction between board members on how it was handled!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

School Board members ? Can’t imagine. When many school districts have financial/discipline/academic problems. These clowns have way more important things to worry about then athletic positions.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

E High wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 pm School Board members ? Can’t imagine. When many school districts have financial/discipline/academic problems. These clowns have way more important things to worry about then athletic positions.
How familiar are you with the financial/discipline/academic problems at Valley Local Schools?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I’m not. Just a general statement. Doesn’t cover everybody, but many !

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I’m hearing it’s Ryan Arrowood to Rio

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Super trooper wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 am I’m hearing it’s Ryan Arrowood to Rio
A good hire if so. He was about the only one that made much sense. He’ll be able to recruit well.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Played with coach Arrowood at rio. I think he can be successful there. He knows the game and I think he will be able to recruit well. I wish him the best there.

B.M.W.
Waterboy

Post by B.M.W. »

Alot of talent coming up for Northwest and Wellston 8th grade teams. Watched both teams and was very impressed!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The deadline for the Northwest job is April 10. We should find out something pretty soon.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I wish Coach Horton the best, Coach ALWAYS found me at games - Convo, Beasts of the Southeast - came up to the Cheap Seats ... had Valley at the Convo 2 years ago ... had some BIGS move out of the Lucasville area and play elsewhere - Brandon Noel (6-7 Chillicothe D1 first team All Ohio ... 1000 point scorer for the Cavs ... going on to play at Wright State) ... Chase Clark (6-5+) moved to New Boston and was a BIG cog in their success being a legitimate shot blocker/rebounder in the paint ... there may have been others as well I'm not sure ... lots of things need to be taken into account before a BOE should look at changing a HC position - I would have liked to see Coach Horton get more time court side for the Indians ... again I wish Coach Horton well and thank you for giving pfloyd the "time of day" - pfloyd

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Has Wellston hired a coach yet.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

In my boredom, I talked to my buddy from Valley. He said that he has not heard of any official word on a replacement for the basketball coach but he did say there is a group of people that is upset with the administration for the lack of support for the former coach. He said the board was divided and the two board members that was in support of the former coach is now questioning the leadership of the district. He said this decision could have some long lasting effects.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

who Is taking over at wellston or alaxander? My predictions are alaxander is locked by a current staff member and wellston new coach is vinton county’s girl coach Bentley. It’s got to be tough being a administrator when this crisis lifts everyone we scrambling..

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Opinion: Sad scenario that’s become an epidemic for many high school coaches. The 2 board members who said this could have a lasting effect on their district are absolutely correct ! Good for those 2 people who get it. If they’re jacking around with a coaching job, how many more important issues are they screwing up ? The Spineless continue to make poor decisions in many school districts. Sad !

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

You never want to see someone lose their job, ever. It's upsetting for Coach Horton. But I cannot help but say the information you are getting has to depend on who you have talked to because I have pretty much heard the exact opposite. Does not make me right and you wrong or vise versa, but there is normally more to the story. People are elected or hired to make tough decisions, if people are not happy with things then the first Tuesday in November normally shows that. I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets an opportunity to prove people wrong.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Bo : Agree with you about the November elections. 2 problems. 1. Many qualified won’t run. 2. People must stop voting for the popular person and vote for the most qualified. I know, good luck with the 2nd one listed 😊

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Bo,
I agree with you! It does depend on who you talk to. Obviously the group that my buddy talked to knows a lot of people upset with the school board and the administration for not backing the former coach. But I agree that doesn’t mean that everybody feels the same way. I mean if at least three people in power along with the administration and a couple parents didn’t feel differently then Valley wouldn’t be in this situation.

With the current board and current administration it might be hard for Valley to land a quality coach. I would think with their track record some coaches would not be interested.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I think it will work out fine at Valley. The school board will make a good decision about the future there and Valley will be back soon. Relax. If they made the call to change it, then there must be enough reason and foresight to make the school system better. My guess is they have a plan. Let’s see what happens.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Pmow3,
I like you optimism but I think valley’s record speaks for itself. I’ve always followed Valley’s sports because they usually play a SVC team or two. At one time I had a lot of respect for the Valley School District.

But under this Board (I figure it is the same board) and administration, Valley is a shell of itself. You can argue all you want but the facts speak for itself. They have fired their last two basketball coaches, their football program is a shell of that it use to be and the same can be said for the baseball program. And if people say there was a downward spiral in talent then why fire the last two basketball coaches? You can’t have it both ways.

Time will tell whether Valley will recover but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I think instead of changing coaches they may want to change leadership!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”