St Joe vs Fed Hock District Semi’s

JC2124
Varsity

Re: St Joe vs Fed Hock District Semi’s

Post by JC2124 »

highflyer wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:58 pm ISJ has proven they are battle tested winning some very close games lately. Grit and determination has gotten this team (with an OHSAA BBK enrollment of 24) to the Convo! Go Flyers!
That is really impressive! I didn’t realize the enrollment was that low.

Second2None
Waterboy

Post by Second2None »

I'll say this, Roach gets what he wants when he wants, absolutely ungaurdable and Payne plays very well off of him. This game is gonna depend on contributions from Mahlmeister and Damron who are very capable at getting hot and staying hot themselves. Flyers by 6 in this one if I had to pick it.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

If Smith, Basin and Massie shoot lights out from the 3 point line, then get Russell hitting down low, its game over for the Flyers. I take the Lancers by 9.

gameover
Waterboy

Post by gameover »

I dont have a dog in this fight but I got to watch St.Joe play valley and if they play the entire game like the first half of that game they will be a handful for any team that's left in the tournament.

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

Fed hocking by 20 at least.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

St. Joe have any height?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:04 pm St. Joe have any height?
St Joseph ",5'9",5'10",6'3", 6' and 6'2" starters. From what I saw Tuesday. 6 or 7 in scoring column. Very Quick.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:23 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:04 pm St. Joe have any height?
St Joseph ",5'9",5'10",6'3", 6' and 6'2" starters. From what I saw Tuesday. 6 or 7 in scoring column. Very Quick.
Fed Hock 5”10, 6’, 6’2”, 6’4” and 6’5” starters 11 in the scoring column against Waterford

Guinness1759
Waterboy

Post by Guinness1759 »

Lancers by 10. St Joe has beaten only one team with a winning record , that was Symmes Valley in OT . And note to that game Jack Leith fouled out in the 4 th quarter allowing St Joe to comeback being down 16 pts. Very Weak non conference schedule as usual for the Flyers. Lancers have the experience and bench players!

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Payne and Damron also fouled out against SV if you want to tell the whole story. Not sure who expect a school with less than 50 kids to play.

gameover
Waterboy

Post by gameover »

How did FH do against Wellston this year?
New Boston beat them 40+ St Joe only lost to NB by 3

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

gameover wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:51 pm How did FH do against Wellston this year?
New Boston beat them 40+ St Joe only lost to NB by 3
That logic makes no sense.
2+2 doesnt equal 5
I've seen Fed & Wellston play numerous times & Fed beats them 9 out of 10.

How St. Joe handles Russell, Lukas & Miller will be very important in this game. Each are around 6'4 give or take an inch. And are all three athletic. Kind of unusual to have at kind of size in D4 in the SE district.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Federal Hocking has the unusual advantage in D4 of having a legitimate bench that goes 9-10 deep ... a bench that in many games outscores the starting lineup ... in D4 THAT in itself gives Fed Hock THE advantage in this one ... if a team runs- Fed Hock CAN run - is comfortable putting up 70+ points ... with the deep bench FH can push the tempo for 32 minutes ... pressure the ball for 32 minutes ... put pressure on the opposition on the perimeter for 32 minutes ... FH has 5 three point scorers - Massie/Smith/Basim/Russell at 6-5 steps out to shoot a trey/ Carpenter ... I don't see ISJ trying to play an up tempo game - I don't see up tempo with FH as THE best opportunity for a W ... I haven't seen ISJ play - looking forward to getting eyes on the Flyers ! best of luck to both teams ...

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

The time to talk about it is almost over...It’s basketball thirty as sweet Lou says. The Lancers are playing with house money at this point. They set goals as a team this year and proved a lot of people wrong. They will be loose and ready to go Monday night. I Think the weak TVC Hocking will have 2 teams in the district finals.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Man there is so much disparity between teams from up around meigs/Athens area and the Scioto/lawrence county teams. Buncha haters up that way

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:21 pm Man there is so much disparity between teams from up around meigs/Athens area and the Scioto/lawrence county teams. Buncha haters up that way
Did you read some of these post? I see plenty of haters from the south talkin crap lol. I’m not a hater it’s just my opinion.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I know a little something about FH and they have 5 true weapons as starters and several bench players that could start at a lot of schools.
Massie once hit 9 3 pointers in a game and can change a game within an instant. Smith can shoot it from anywhere and Russell down low will be a hand full for any team they face. Lucas has been very impressive this year and his length will give the Flyers problems for sure. Jarvis is plying inspired basketball and is a ball hawk on D. Their bench has so much depth and Basim is as quick as any guard in the Tournament and he can shoot and get to the rim. Add in Miller”s height, Carpenter’s ability to distribute the basketball and a few others and this is a really good team. This game Monday will be really entertaining. Good luck to the Lancers.

Live Like A Champion!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

St joe by 9.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
OutsideIn
Waterboy

Post by OutsideIn »

I’ve got SJ in a close one. The Flyers have shown they play up or down to the level of competition they face. They have the grit to pull out wins in a close game. Flyers by 2 in a game that comes down to the last second!

SmokeOnTheHill
Waterboy

Post by SmokeOnTheHill »

Looking to head out 93 early before Monday's big showdown.

Any good places to eat uptown in Athens?

There's none to fear, the gang's all here!
So Hail to St. Joe High School, Hail!

Return to “Boys Basketball”