Freshman Team

St Joe vs Fed Hock District Semi’s

Post by Irish »

Thoughts?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: St Joe vs Fed Hock District Semi’s

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’m thrilled just to see this as a header.

District Semi at The Convo.

Ironton St Joe v Federal Hocking.

Isn’t that great? And these 2 teams are supposed to be here. This is the 5 v 4 matchup.

Great season for both. And 1 is in the district Final.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I haven’t seen St Joe. I know #12 is really good. How is their depth?
FH is pretty deep and have multiple kids that can score. Looks like they play a similar style. Should be a good game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck to Federal Hocking in there District Semifinal matchup against Ironton St.Joe at the Convo.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lancers are very deep for a DIV team. Leading scorer and 2nd leading scorer for them last night over Waterford was the their 6th and 7th man.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:28 pm Lancers are very deep for a DIV team. Leading scorer and 2nd leading scorer for them last night over Waterford was the their 6th and 7th man.
Normally 6th and 8th or 9th. I think the depth and versatility will prove to be big in this game. Not much changes when we sub

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Fed by 10....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fed Hock by 10

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Crazy where Fed Hock and New Boston are now compared to a couple years ago when they were both regulars on the end table. Lancers win by 7

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

St. Joe has won 8 of their last 9 games. The only loss was by 3 to New Boston.
They will come to the Convo ready to play and will play hard.
The 1st half last night showed what they are capable of, put 2 halfs like that together and win !!!!!!!!!!
GO FLYERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:30 pm St. Joe has won 8 of their last 9 games. The only loss was by 3 to New Boston.
They will come to the Convo ready to play and will play hard.
The 1st half last night showed what they are capable of, put 2 halfs like that together and win !!!!!!!!!!
GO FLYERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should be a very entertaining game for sure. I expect a high scoring game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fed Hock has too much depth and too many ways to beat you. They’ll focus on Roach and Payne and throw tons of bodies at them.

I’ll take Fed Hock by about 15

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If St Joe plays the way the did in the first halves vs NB and Valley for an entire game, they will win going away.
If not, its a coin flip.

Roach and Payne are obvious scorers. St Joe also has another kid (Johnson) that is a sleeper as long as they can get him the ball down low.

I hope Fed Hocking is in great shape endurance wise because if St Joe can keep running the floor it will get to them.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 am If St Joe plays the way the did in the first halves vs NB and Valley for an entire game, they will win going away.
If not, its a coin flip.

Roach and Payne are obvious scorers. St Joe also has another kid (Johnson) that is a sleeper as long as they can get him the ball down low.

I hope Fed Hocking is in great shape endurance wise because if St Joe can keep running the floor it will get to them.
Fed Hock has plenty of size to deal with anything down low. 2 kids 6’5 and 6’4 kid. I’m not sure St Joe wants to get into a track meet with the Lancers. We are built to run and have depth. I think this is gonna be a really entertaining game. I think the Lancers size will be to much in the end.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 am If St Joe plays the way the did in the first halves vs NB and Valley for an entire game, they will win going away.
If not, its a coin flip.

Roach and Payne are definitely players. Agree they will be in it if they put two halves together. FH' s bigs are good ,not sure how The matchups will shake down ,but; it will be a fun game for sure. Safe travels all.

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Damron, for SJ, is the wildcard in this game. He got in foul trouble against Valley and never really got in the flow of the game. He averages about 15 ppg and will need to have a big game in order for the Flyers to have a chance at winning this game.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Excellent post Irish. JC Damron has had some monster games for ISJ. Both he and Jimmy Mahl need to play lights out and stay out of foul trouble.
Both are capable to ease the load along with Johnson on Roach and Payne. With the big court at OU guys like Sheridan, Jrowe and Weber need to give ISJ some quality minutes which all 3 are more than capable. GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!

burgstheword1978
Waterboy

Post by burgstheword1978 »

Get the ball to Weber down low and it's game over. Flyers by 90.

SmokeOnTheHill
Waterboy

Post by SmokeOnTheHill »

I think this is as good of a chance to win at the Convo as SJ has ever had.

Last time the purple and gold took the floor in Athens, an injured, freshman Zach Roach watched from the bench wearing a sweatsuit.
The Lancers win on paper, but the Flyers and Roach win on Monday night in the Roundhouse on Richland.

#FlyerNation

There's none to fear, the gang's all here!
So Hail to St. Joe High School, Hail!
highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

ISJ has proven they are battle tested winning some very close games lately. Grit and determination has gotten this team (with an OHSAA BBK enrollment of 24) to the Convo! Go Flyers!

Return to “Boys Basketball”