While we have the masses on the Basketball Forum ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

While we have the masses on the Basketball Forum ...

Post by pfloyd »

... all of the Gold Tickets have been handed out for those invited to the Convo & Basketball :30 ... pfloyd is looking for a favor from ALL teams/fans/posters in the SEO district , ALL divisions ... I'm getting my ducks in a row to begin the Preseason Rankings for the 2020-21 season (yes 2020-21) ... there are now 71 teams in the SEOhio district who will be ranked in the Elite 8 next season ... I'm gathering information from this PAST 2019-20 season so I can look closely at this upcoming season - with that said I'm looking for everyone to post the Starters from this past season for ALL of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... please post the following:

School
List the top 5-7 players (graduating seniors included if they are in the top 5-7)

... thank you

pfloyd

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: While we have the masses on the Basketball Forum ...

Post by Ironman92 »

You want the players graduating listed? Or top 5-7 next year?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Federal Hocking
Hunter Smith Jr
Collin Jarvis Jr
Nathanial Massie Jr
Elijah Lucas Jr
Brad Russell Sr

Quinton Basim Sr
Wes Carpenter Jr
Ian Miller Sr

Lancers graduate 4 seniors that see a lot of time. Only one starter
They will start 5 seniors next year, have 2 more seniors coming off the bench, 3 juniors that will see time and a super talented freshman that I believe will go straight to varsity. He is gonna be very very good.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Oak Hill

1. Chase Hammond
2. Drew Hanning
3. Keaton Potter
4. Luke Stewart
5. Noah Donley
6. Eric Kallner
7. Jordan Morgan

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:21 pm Oak Hill

1. Chase Hammond
2. Drew Hanning
3. Keaton Potter
4. Luke Stewart
5. Noah Donley
6. Eric Kallner
7. Jordan Morgan
As for those who return, Landon Hines a jr. and Braylon Howell a soph. are the only rotation players coming back. Oaks are gonna be young and unexperienced with a brand new coaching staff next year. Might be the first really down year they’ve had in a while.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson

Graduated :Wallis, Caden Donaldson, Griffin Brown

Returning for 2020-21

SR Braxton Hammond 6’3, All FAC, 2nd team all-District 16+ points 5-6x, great defender

JR Drew Bragg 6’2, HM all-District ....will be a key scorer with others picking up from seniors lost

JR Evan Spires 6’1, recovered late from football leg break and a talented and savvy ball player. Very strong and forces turnovers

SR Boston Kuhn 5’11, shooter who went 17+ points 3x, improved on defense. Will be a scorer next year as well

JR Logan Miller 6’2....guessing 6’3 next season. Great JV season and can do it all. Stat filler. Sees floor great. Big rebounder.

JR Nate Woodard 6’2....guessing 6’4 next year (Dad 6’6)...great shooter, knows where to be to get the shot. Long. Nicely improved his defense this year. Was key JV player with Miller

JR Holden Blankenship 5’8....returned final 2 games from season long injury. Great athlete at everything he does. Could be starting PG next season.

SR Landon Erwin 6’1....was 9 man this year. Runs floor well and can bang with the bigs

SR Caleb Hutchinson 6’1...athletic kid that can slash and play good defense

SO Jacob Winters 6’2....was 8 man this season and runs floor great, strong as an ox. Can defend bigs

Others in the mix potentially:

SR Joe Crabtree 6’2, long with an outside shot and slashing abilities

JR Chris Hughes 5’11, athletic kid known for great hustle and defense

JR Geoffrey Jenkins 6’2, strong kid that is bet goes 6’4 next year and can be big in the lane

JR Trey Miller 6’0, shooter/scorer

SO Evan Jarvis 6’0, athletic build, will get stronger....solid at all parts

SO Kade Kinzel 5’7, maybe top returning ball handler in the program. Great freshman season, excellent long range shot

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Logan Elm

Gabe Chalfin
Isaac Ward
Jason Sailor
Jeremy Weitelmann
Luke Baldwin
Trace Smith
Tanner Holbert
Braylen Baker

4 returning starters coming back, a lot of experience, a JV team that went 19-2 this year and of course... STIVERSON!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:08 pm You want the players graduating listed? Or top 5-7 next year?
Graduating players can be listed , I’ll know they will have reload ... posters such as yourself who have a good idea as to who will step in - please fill in the blanks for me ! Thanks !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great start guys ! Thank you ... if we can get enough teams posted I will work on putting out a preseason rundown on teams in the Southern District to go with the Preseason Rankings ... thanks everyone

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto

Isaac Little (JR)
Nate Keiser (SR)
Cameron DeBord (JR)
Josh Lambert (SR)
Reece Wheeler (SR)

Jeremy Lambert (SR)
Gunnar Greenwalt (JR)
Carson DeBord (JR)
Cater Markko (JR)
Evan Park (SO)

Park was the only one in the rotation who didn’t start multiple games throughout the season

Others that could see time:

De’Sean Branson (SO)
Maddox Fox (FR)

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Warren

Kurt Taylor Jr.
Jake Baumgard Jr.
Brandon Simoniette Sr.
Joel Chevalier Jr.
Brayden Sallee Soph.

Josh Welch Jr.
Dennis Pettey Soph.
Evan Byrd Sr.
Isaac Colgrove Sr.
Gavin Ott Jr.
Dalton Higgins Jr.

Hopefully....Seth Dennis Jr.
Extra Hopeful...Evan Gandee Jr.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

South Webster
Bockway - 17ppg, the only height we have. Can
Block with the best of em
Corriell - Stellar point guard. One of the best
Smith - lights out 3 point shooter. Team captain
G Ruth - defensive POY candidate SOC 2. Finishes everytime at the basket.

That’s 4 starters

Bringing in 20-21 I’m pretty sure the starting 5 will look like this
The Truth Trae Zimmerman - Potential district POY I think. Started every game since a freshman
Brady Blizzard - hard nose aggression
Aiden Andrews on the point as a senior.
Cam Carpenter - played a lot of varsity this year. 6’3 or so. He can do it all
Either Collins or Lower for that last spot. Collins has the body but stone hands. Lower pretty high strung and never saw a shot he doesn’t like.

So one senior next year

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WAVERLY

SR Tanner Smallwood 6’6” Center
9.6 ppg, 8 rebounds, 1 assist

SR Michael Goodman 5’9” Guard
5.3 ppg, 2 assists, 2 rebounds,1 steal

JR Zeke Brown 6’3” Forward
8.6 ppg, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

SO Trey Robertson 5’8” Guard
21 ppg, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals

SO Will Futhey 6’5” Forward
11 ppg, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

SO Mark Stulley 5’8” Guard
2.6 ppg, 2 assists, 1.7 rebounds, 1 steal

SR Grayson Diener 6’2” Forward
7th man plays great defense....

Waverly currently 19-5 and playing in the District returns basically 4 starters in Robertson, Futhey, Brown & Stulley. Stulley was a starter until being injured in the foundation game. Goodman, with no varsity experience, stepped into the starting roll and never relinquished it.

Waverly looks to add a healthy Haydn Shanks (6’4” Senior to be) who has missed the entire season due to his football injury. He appears to be ahead of schedule with his rehabilitation.
Tigers also look for Senior to be Gage Wheeler to be back in the fold. He will add to the already great guard play of Robertson and Stulley. Gage Started and played the entire game against Warren and did a great job.

Some to keep an eye on are Wade Futhey (Jr to be guard), Eli Crabtree (Sr to be big body), Jackson Wise (Sr to be Forward), Hudson Kelly (So to be guard).

Hope to hear some more good news by the end of March...... could def. affect your preseason ranking.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 pm WAVERLY

Waverly currently 19-5 and playing in the District returns basically 4 starters in Robertson, Futhey, Brown & Stulley. Stulley was a starter until being injured in the foundation game. Goodman, with no varsity experience, stepped into the starting roll and never relinquished it.

Waverly looks to add a healthy Haydn Shanks (6’4” Senior to be) who has missed the entire season due to his football injury. He appears to be ahead of schedule with his rehabilitation.
Tigers also look for Senior to be Gage Wheeler to be back in the fold. He will add to the already great guard play of Robertson and Stulley. Gage Started and played the entire game against Warren and did a great job.

Some to keep an eye on are Wade Futhey (Jr to be guard), Eli Crabtree (Sr to be big body), Jackson Wise (Sr to be Forward), Hudson Kelly (So to be guard).

Hope to hear some more good news by the end of March...... could def. affect your preseason ranking.
Wade Futhey a very streaky shooter, must be accounted for

I wonder to myself if Will Futhey keeps playing. Great player no doubt but a big D1 football recruit...sometimes that gets in the way of things. (Jackson knows this)...Shsnks as well. I hope they all continue playing (Carrico did) but sometimes big recruits get input from future coaches.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 pm WAVERLY

Wade Futhey a very streaky shooter, must be accounted for

I wonder to myself if Will Futhey keeps playing. Great player no doubt but a big D1 football recruit...sometimes that gets in the way of things. (Jackson knows this)...Shsnks as well. I hope they all continue playing (Carrico did) but sometimes big recruits get input from future coaches.
OSU encouraged Will to be a three sport athlete. I think he plans to run track which should help him tremendously heading into the summer workouts. He will be camping at OSU as well as others I’m sure.
Yes, Carrico playing bball his Jr. year after committing to OSU. I’d like to see what OSU tells him after football next year.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

smurray wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:08 pm OSU encouraged Will to be a three sport athlete. I think he plans to run track which should help him tremendously heading into the summer workouts. He will be camping at OSU as well as others I’m sure.
Yes, Carrico playing bball his Jr. year after committing to OSU. I’d like to see what OSU tells him after football next year.
Carrico will be graduating early and enrolling for Spring semester at tOSU next year, so he won't be playing basketball.

Post by smurray »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:55 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:08 pm OSU encouraged Will to be a three sport athlete. I think he plans to run track which should help him tremendously heading into the summer workouts. He will be camping at OSU as well as others I’m sure.
Carrico will be graduating early and enrolling for Spring semester at tOSU next year, so he won't be playing basketball.
Gotcha, thanks

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Athens Bulldogs
Starters
Sr Andrew Stephens 5ppg, 3rpg, 3apg
Sr Brayden Markins 16ppg, 7rpg, 3apg
Sr Nate Trainer 7ppg, 5rpg, 2apg
Jr Will Matters 7ppg, 2rpg, 2apg
Jr Brayden Whiting 17ppg, 6rpg, 3apg
Sr Isaiah Butcher 15ppg, 10rpg, 1apg
Bench
Sr Reece Wallace 3ppg, 1rpg, 1apg
Sr Jack Cornwell 2ppg, 1rpg
Jr Jake Sayers 1ppg, 1rpg
JV
Jr Trey Harris
Jr Joey Moore
Jr Will Ginder
Jr Bryan McMillan

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles Returns:
6'6" Dawson Mill. Jr.
Hunter White 5'9" guard jr
6'3" Oakley Burba jr
6' Brock Johnson jr
6'2" Franklin Myers jr
5'11"Bryce Willoughby jr
6'5" Easton Westley jr
6'3" Allen McCoy sophmores
Also had very good reserve and freshman teams. Future looks bright. Some of this year's freshman could vie for playing time : Kenelty, Porter,Reed and Simms played very well this year.

OH and coach Arey.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Piketon:
Tyree Harris (SR)
Chris Chandler (JR)
Brody Fuller (JR)
Shane Leedy (JR)
Levi Gullion (SO)
Tra Swayne (SO)
Kydan Potts (SO)
Sawyer Pendleton (JR)
Logan Nichols (SR)

Return to “Boys Basketball”