New score boards at the convo

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

New score boards at the convo

Post by biggdowgg »

Love the new score boards but o really hate that don't have players points and fouls on them anymore.?

Is this a college thing?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: New score boards at the convo

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dont quote me on this, but I dont think all the features are being used for the tournament.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:19 pm Love the new score boards but o really hate that don't have players points and fouls on them anymore.?

Is this a college thing?
Is it like Chillicothe’s I wonder? Theirs is new and bright but not much information shown. It’ll give that players points after a bucket and foul total after a foul.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

This one is bright but don't give players points but does fouls after each foul

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:27 pm Dont quote me on this, but I dont think all the features are being used for the tournament.
You here dog? I came looking for you

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:32 pm This one is bright but don't give players points but does fouls after each foul
For Ohio U games it shows everything. Idk if Ohsaa has rules against the million dollar video boards about what they can show. Pol Pot would be the only person on SEOPREPS that would know. Could be the person that runs it had something he/she couldn’t miss this weekend

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Don't like them.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Issa no for me dawg

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Me and buddy were commenting how bad they are. Look pretty, but no information.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:27 pm Dont quote me on this, but I dont think all the features are being used for the tournament.
Athletic Department has decided the board cannot be used by the tournament this season, removed all graphics of Lou and the school logos.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:43 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:32 pm This one is bright but don't give players points but does fouls after each foul
For Ohio U games it shows everything. Idk if Ohsaa has rules against the million dollar video boards about what they can show. Pol Pot would be the only person on SEOPREPS that would know. Could be the person that runs it had something he/she couldn’t miss this weekend
I was told that it is an OU controlled thing - NOT to put the information or the ads or Lou's personalized screens for the high school games this year ! WHY !!!??? a terrible "directive" by OU - the Convo is a special destination for ALL of these teams - to have the players name, even the school names on the board is NEEDED/MUST HAVE imo ... the limited information allowed to be put on the scoreboards is horrible this year ... by limiting the information, the USE of the scoreboard takes away from the atmosphere that is created for the athletes/schools/fans of high school basketball at what has become the Mecca of SEOhio basketball - the Convo ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol pot wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:03 pm
Athletic Department has decided the board cannot be used by the tournament this season, removed all graphics of Lou and the school logos.
Dang, that sucks

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Only shows everything on the sides not the ends

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Seems like an odd decision. I would think they would love to show it off since Athens was in the tournament

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... with ALL of the $$$ that these high school parents are dishing out to get into the Convo ... throw in the BIG BUCKS paid by these same parents for the concessions (hint $3.50 for a water ... $7 for a pizza etc) ... having the school names, player names, statistics on the big boards should be the LEAST that OU should do to host the games ... Lou Horvath, Basketball :30, having the players names/school names on the BIG board ... the promotion of OU on the big screen, Lou's screen savers etc. THAT IS WHAT THESE PARENTS/PLAYERS/FAMILIES WANT TO SEE ! - it's the atmosphere that IS the Convo ... 70 teams all across SEOhio, Southern Ohio dream about having their names called by Lou, having their names run across the scoreboard, school pride is part of having the school's names ON that scoreboard ... come' on OU don't "cheapen" the experience that the kids "live for" !!! ... we just watched teams/schools/parents from Eastern Brown - a 2 hour drive - travel to experience the Convo ! - EB lost AND the kids never got to see their names ON the board ! ... the OU athletic board NEEDS to make this right ! there's 2 weeks left in district/regional play - fix it OU ! ... - pfloyd

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:26 pm ... with ALL of the $$$ that these high school parents are dishing out to get into the Convo ... throw in the BIG BUCKS paid by these same parents for the concessions (hint $3.50 for a water ... $7 for a pizza etc) ... having the school names, player names, statistics on the big boards should be the LEAST that OU should do to host the games ... Lou Horvath, Basketball :30, having the players names/school names on the BIG board ... the promotion of OU on the big screen, Lou's screen savers etc. THAT IS WHAT THESE PARENTS/PLAYERS/FAMILIES WANT TO SEE ! - it's the atmosphere that IS the Convo ... 70 teams all across SEOhio, Southern Ohio dream about having their names called by Lou, having their names run across the scoreboard, school pride is part of having the school's names ON that scoreboard ... come' on OU don't "cheapen" the experience that the kids "live for" !!! ... we just watched teams/schools/parents from Eastern Brown - a 2 hour drive - travel to experience the Convo ! - EB lost AND the kids never got to see their names ON the board ! ... the OU athletic board NEEDS to make this right ! there's 2 weeks left in district/regional play - fix it OU ! ... - pfloyd
Agree. I spent over 4 hours driving today total. Watched 4 games. Had my grandson and my nephew with me and spent $ 49.00 alone at the Convo today on snacks,and drinks. I love it but; I'm fixed income and am going back tomorrow for our game. At least put stats and fouls etc on the board. Thanks!.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:07 pm
I was told that it is an OU controlled thing - NOT to put the information or the ads or Lou's personalized screens for the high school games this year ! WHY !!!??? a terrible "directive" by OU - the Convo is a special destination for ALL of these teams - to have the players name, even the school names on the board is NEEDED/MUST HAVE imo ... the limited information allowed to be put on the scoreboards is horrible this year ... by limiting the information, the USE of the scoreboard takes away from the atmosphere that is created for the athletes/schools/fans of high school basketball at what has become the Mecca of SEOhio basketball - the Convo ...
I know a guy who knows how to run it lol. It’s the same controller we use.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ohio should allow the smaller boards to function as they always have - team names, other key information, Lou's graphics and school logos. They can turn off the big jumbotron for all I care. I'm watching the action on the floor.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

bman wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:40 am Ohio should allow the smaller boards to function as they always have - team names, other key information, Lou's graphics and school logos. They can turn off the big jumbotron for all I care. I'm watching the action on the floor.
They replaced the side boards too. I’m not sure what the capabilities are on the smaller boards now.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:54 am
bman wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:40 am Ohio should allow the smaller boards to function as they always have - team names, other key information, Lou's graphics and school logos. They can turn off the big jumbotron for all I care. I'm watching the action on the floor.
They replaced the side boards too. I’m not sure what the capabilities are on the smaller boards now.
Yeah I know, but the district to my knowledge always had use of the previous smaller boards, so it should stay the same with the smaller auxiliary ones that OU installed. They can turn off their big jumbotron if they want.

Return to “Boys Basketball”