D IV District Final: Peebles vs St. Joe

OutsideIn
Waterboy

D IV District Final: Peebles vs St. Joe

Post by OutsideIn »

What are your thoughts on this matchup? I know that Peebles is suppose to be the team to beat, but the Flyers looked really good last night.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: D IV District Final: Peebles vs St. Joe

Post by LucasDavenport »

David v Goliath

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Pretty cool to see a school the size of St. Joe playing for a District Championship (think they have like 24 boys in grades 10-12). As for the game, I just think Peebles on a different level this year in D4 and will get the win by a score of 65-57.*

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Flyers will have to shoot it really well again to keep it close. I like the way they play. I just think Peebles is gonna be hard to stop. They have all the pieces. I think the Indians win it by 15.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’s about matchups but Peebles went to Fed Hock and beat them by 22. Peebles a way tougher schedule.....but that stuff really doesn’t matter. ISJ has a fighting chance. They played NB pretty tight both times. If ISJ has an average performance I expect they’ll lose by 10-15

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

"On any given night..."

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

ISJ will again be the underdog as they were against Symmes Valley(SJ won), as they were against Valley(SJ won) and as they were against FH(SJ won).
Peebles seem to be the real deal but the Flyers again will show up and play their guts out like they have all year. As far as David vs Goliath we all know who won that battle. GO FLYERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Peebles is definitely the team to beat in D IV. I’ve seen them play a couple times this year and they were very impressive both games. They play hard, they play smart, and they play together as a team. SJ will have their hands full, but anything is possible. Go Flyers!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles last loss 20 games ago against Eastern Brown in a miracle finish by the Warriors

Peebles has a great point guard, great shooting guard, good size, great role players and tremendous coaching. They are certainly beatable but they won’t beat themselves.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck flyers

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

ISJ has had a great year, I think that Peebles overall just may be a little more talented team. Browning one of the better point guards around, I would have to pick Peebles to win this game.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

It is time for our Indians to really turn it up Saturday! Let's go!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

goindians42 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:52 pm It is time for our Indians to really turn it up Saturday! Let's go!
Oak will be a tree,I do believe this Saturday.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Flyers!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

When you talk about a basketball machine, you’re talking about Peebles.

Peebles by 10-14pts. Wouldnt disrespect Joe by saying it’ll be a blowout. Peebles is a legit Final 4 threat

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm ISJ will again be the underdog as they were against Symmes Valley(SJ won), as they were against Valley(SJ won) and as they were against FH(SJ won).
Peebles seem to be the real deal but the Flyers again will show up and play their guts out like they have all year. As far as David vs Goliath we all know who won that battle. GO FLYERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would St. Joe be the underdog vs. Symmes Valley?

They definitely weren't the underdog against Valley... St. Joe was the #5 seed, Valley was the #12.

I would say they were the underdog against Fed Hock though and pulled out a great victory.. I'm happy for them and the community, I know this moment means a lot to them.

With that said, Peebles is a different animal. I'm sticking with my prediction that either Peebles or Malvern wins this regional... St. Joe will give it all they got and I think they'll keep it close for awhile..... but Peebles is simply the cream of the crop in SEO D4 this year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm ISJ will again be the underdog as they were against Symmes Valley(SJ won), as they were against Valley(SJ won) and as they were against FH(SJ won).

They definitely weren't the underdog against Valley... St. Joe was the #5 seed, Valley was the #12.

I would say they were the underdog against Fed Hock though and pulled out a great victory.. I'm happy for them and the community, I know this moment means a lot to them.

With that said, Peebles is a different animal. I'm sticking with my prediction that either Peebles or Malvern wins this regional... St. Joe will give it all they got and I think they'll keep it close for awhile..... but Peebles is simply the cream of the crop in SEO D4 this year.
I would say St. Joe was considered SEOPS underdogs. The Symmes Valley game, the talk was about how SJ had lost at SV earlier in the year, the talk before the Valley game was about how much tougher the schedule for Valley was being in the upper division of the SOC and the Fed Hock game it was the size advantage for FH. Anyway, the Flyers will show up. It is nice to see a little more respect for the Flyers in this thread than the FH thread. I hope for a good and safe game for all involved.

Go Flyers!

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Great post Frank. You explained the underdog role better than I did. GO FLYERS GO !!!!

skyhawk24
Waterboy

Post by skyhawk24 »

Grandview Heights may very well be the best team in Athens come next week. I don't think you should overlook them

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

skyhawk24 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:51 am

Grandview Heights may very well be the best team in Athens come next week. I don't think you should overlook them
They are very good... Actually got a chance to see them this summer and I understand fully why they're a legitimate threat to win this region..

BUT!

The Central District D4 being down hasn't helped them much.. They did schedule a few out of conference games that pushed them but I'm very worried about their overall competition throughout the season compared to the Malvern/Hiland's of the world.

I have zero doubt that Grandview will be in the Regional Final as I simply don't think Fairfield or Trimble has enough to knock them off.... but my gut for months now is the winner on the Peebles/Hiland/Malvern side of the bracket will be the state representative for this region..

We shall see! I also just really want a SE District team to represent us in the state tournament :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”