smurray
SEOPS HO

SOUTHERN OHIO CONFERENCE

Post by smurray »

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: SOUTHERN OHIO CONFERENCE

Post by VetteMan »

No surprise at all as far as the Player of the Year, in either the SOC-1 or the SOC-2. Congrats to both players, both very deserving.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How did Gage Adkins of Burg make second team and Kenny Sanderln not get anything???

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I believe those honors are assigned by the head coaches of their teams. Or I believe they were at one time!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to all that made it.

A lot of representation

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 am How did Gage Adkins of Burg make second team and Kenny Sanderln not get anything???
I wondered the same thing when I read through the list.

Nonetheless, congrats to all the young men who made 1st and 2nd team.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Towpath1
Waterboy

Post by Towpath1 »

How are these awards voted on is it the league coaches?

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

Who would've thunk St. Joe would be the only SOC team left playing this weekend

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I know this dead horse has been pulverized, but just pick the five best players regardless of position/team for the 1st team. 5 next best players are your 2nd team, with everyone else Special Mention/Honorable Mention. Current setup with every team having to be represented with predetermined number of slots for each team has completely watered down these awards.*

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:02 pm I know this dead horse has been pulverized, but just pick the five best players regardless of position/team for the 1st team. 5 next best players are your 2nd team, with everyone else Special Mention/Honorable Mention. Current setup with every team having to be represented with predetermined number of slots for each team has completely watered down these awards.*
I know that at least one coach took a layout to the meeting on how to do just that.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:23 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:02 pm I know this dead horse has been pulverized, but just pick the five best players regardless of position/team for the 1st team. 5 next best players are your 2nd team, with everyone else Special Mention/Honorable Mention. Current setup with every team having to be represented with predetermined number of slots for each team has completely watered down these awards.*
I know that at least one coach took a layout to the meeting on how to do just that.
Good to hear somebody still trying at least. Not naming certain players for obvious reasons, but there a school around here that would've gotten beat this year by most area jv teams and yet they still automatically have a first and second team selection simply b/c that's what the rules say.

If the schools want, guarantee that each team gets somebody at least Honorable Mention. But it's way past time to make the 1st and 2nd team awards mean something again.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:07 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:23 pm
Good to hear somebody still trying at least. Not naming certain players for obvious reasons, but there a school around here that would've gotten beat this year by most area jv teams and yet they still automatically have a first and second team selection simply b/c that's what the rules say.

If the schools want, guarantee that each team gets somebody at least Honorable Mention. But it's way past time to make the 1st and 2nd team awards mean something again.*

East

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

It's also time for a new plaque maker for all SOC. The ones received the last few years are a joke. They could at least engrave their names on them!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”