Berlin Hiland vs Peebles

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Re: Berlin Hiland vs Peebles

Post by Jayhawks »

I don’t think Peebles has to play the perfect game, I do think they have to shoot it well! Hiland has a great team and yes I think it will be a tough task. Peebles has a great point guard, so if we attack on offense and let Browning create shots I think we will be fine! Peebles is a pretty good defense also and in my opinion Peebles has better shooters so let’s toss it up and see what happens!

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Browning and Ruckel will have to play like they have all year, Burba and Mills will have to have big games on both ends of the floor, and the role players will have to contribute some quality minutes off the bench. Peebles will have to play very well, but I do believe they can beat Berlin Hiland. I expect a tightly contested game that will come down to the wire. Go Indians!!!

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Hiland has been playing at a high level. They are an exceptional defensive team. They make everything hard for the opponent on their defensive end of the floor. I wasn't sure Malvern would hit 20 points for the game the other night - and Malvern has some serious scorers.

So, beating them requires finding enough scores by hook or crook. Anything you can get in transition helps and if you can get to the FT line, that would be good. Maybe get them in some foul trouble. There won't be hardly anything uncontested, but when you get an open 3 off a scramble or kickout, you need to knock those down.

Hiland tries to beat you with depth, fundamental skills, and a high degree of efficiency and execution. If you can negate any of those, or turn any of them in your favor, you can make them uncomfortable.

Their biggest offensive threat is Habeger. He is a 6-2 player who can create his own shot, hit tough shots, drive, post up, and hit jump shots. I'm sure Peebles will give him plenty of attention. Beyond that, I would put F Sommers and PG Schlabach as the next threats. Sommers can, and has, done what Haberger does. Schlabach can drop 7 3s on you if you let him loose. The other starters are Shetler - a very good soph athlete, and the 6-8 post. Both can score, but usually dont have to much. Gotta keep the big fella off the off boards.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:35 pm Browning and Ruckel will have to play like they have all year, Burba and Mills will have to have big games on both ends of the floor, and the role players will have to contribute some quality minutes off the bench. Peebles will have to play very well, but I do believe they can beat Berlin Hiland. I expect a tightly contested game that will come down to the wire. Go Indians!!!
Every time I have watched Peebles this year the Ruckel kid played lights out. When he shoots the ball it generally goes in. He has an excellent shot.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:14 pm
Irish wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:42 pm Has anyone seen a Berlin roster? If so, could you post it? Thanks
All I've seen is the players listed in east district awards.
Sam Habeger,6'2" senior
Korrie Hosteller,6'8" senior
Hunter Sommers
Will Schlabach.
#12,21,32,45 all good. I believe #52 plays alot.
I'm sure they are defensive minded and fundamentally very sound. Well coached and ready to play Tuesday at 6:15. I think Josh got to scout them some and has some tape.With that said Go Indians and safe travels all.
Just plug and play any "Old Country" German name in Amish country yearly for Hiland, Dalton, Strasburg etc. in that part of the state. The same is true of schools in the MAC , generation after generation.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Come on over to The Tuesday Updates thread at game time. If you have things to add — especially between quarters or at halftime then please do so. Perhaps you’ve seen one of these teams 15+ times and they are doing something different than you’ve seen or someone is playing the Game of their life. Please add to the thread in a positive manner and help our viewers understand the game as much as possible. I haven’t seen Hiland this year — I have seen them the last 2 years at The State and at The Regional Level (7 times).

Berlin Hiland has played 4 games at The Convo in The Regional Tournament in the last 2 years. Running clock in 3 of them and the 4th wasn’t in doubt.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Does the Peebles area have a local station that streams or covers their games ? I found the Hiland station (WKLM 95.3 FM) but would rather listen to a SEO station if I had my druthers.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Hiland 45-44 final

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to my Indians. You have represented yourselves ,your school, and your community well. We love our Indians. Keep your chins up cause you have done your best. Love the Indians.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Peebles, you had a truly outstanding season. I'm sure that all of Adams County, and all of SEO Ohio are very proud of you.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:15 pm Congrats to my Indians. You have represented yourselves ,your school, and your community well. We love our Indians. Keep your chins up cause you have done your best. Love the Indians.
The Indians played a heck of a game. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Really feel for the kid at the line to end the game. He had the weight of an entire season on him at that moment. A ton of pressure, Keep you head up young man there will be far greater obstacles in life.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Peebles played such a good first half. I felt they were in full control up to halftime. Shots didn't fall as well in the 2nd half and they just had a few bad possessions that allowed Hiland to take the lead and hang on.

As soon as I realized Camp would have 2 FTs to extend the game, I immediately pitied him. That's such a tough spot to find yourself in. He needs to remember that he got a huge rebound and drew the foul to give them a chance. Otherwise, no chance.

Hiland moves on to play GH. Gulp! Lol.

Should be a fun atmosphere in the Convo for the finals- with 17 people in attendance. :o

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:40 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:15 pm Congrats to my Indians. You have represented yourselves ,your school, and your community well. We love our Indians. Keep your chins up cause you have done your best. Love the Indians.
The Indians played a heck of a game. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Really feel for the kid at the line to end the game. He had the weight of an entire season on him at that moment. A ton of pressure, Keep you head up young man there will be far greater obstacles in life.
Thanks. I was tough knowing it was right there. Great season for the Indians and thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. I hate it for the seniors ,but; it's a learning experience and Peebles knows what it takes for the future. So proud to be from South Eastern Ohio. Safe travels all.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:22 pm Congrats to Peebles, you had a truly outstanding season. I'm sure that all of Adams County, and all of SEO Ohio are very proud of you.
Thanks all for the good words. Go SEO basketball.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

IVCguy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:49 pm Peebles played such a good first half. I felt they were in full control up to halftime. Shots didn't fall as well in the 2nd half and they just had a few bad possessions that allowed Hiland to take the lead and hang on.

As soon as I realized Camp would have 2 FTs to extend the game, I immediately pitied him. That's such a tough spot to find yourself in. He needs to remember that he got a huge rebound and drew the foul to give them a chance. Otherwise, no chance.

Hiland moves on to play GH. Gulp! Lol.

Should be a fun atmosphere in the Convo for the finals- with 17 people in attendance. :o
Congrats Hawks. Now go kick some butt this Friday, . One game at a time and hopefully we can play this game again next year. It does stink that they won't allow fans for the other games. This was a fun game.Oh... Go Indians!!!

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

This Grandview Hts team will be after us, after last year when we played them at home and beat them 75-49, I'm sure they haven't forgot about that game,we will need more guys to score for sure,then tonight

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:52 pm This Grandview Hts team will be after us, after last year when we played them at home and beat them 75-49, I'm sure they haven't forgot about that game,we will need more guys to score for sure,then tonight
Take the lane away and guard #1 and your golden.

Return to “Boys Basketball”