Peebles 57 St. Joseph 47 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Peebles 57 St. Joseph 47 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Peebles 57
St. Joseph 47 a final

... as the favorite in a game it is imperative to get off to a good start ... the Indians of Coach Arey put the pressure on the upstart Flyers by opening the game with a 22 point quarter ... the offensive onslaught was led by Dawson Mills's 10 points (2 triples , a deuce and 2/2 form the FT line ... Hunter Ruckel added 7 pts and PG Weston Browning 5 ... ISJ's JC Damron dropped in 7 for the Flyers, the speed for St. Joe on the perimeter - Zach Roach & Ryan Payne put up 2pt/ 3 pts respectively ... Peebles 22 ISJ 12 after 1 ... once the Flyers survived the 1st quarter offensive barrage by the Indians Big 3 (Ruckel/Browning/Mills) they held their own starting in the 2nd period as ISJ put up 12 points in the period taking advantage of PHS getting into foul trouble as the Flyers went 6/8 from the line to go with a fg a piece from Ryan Payne/ JC Damron/Max Weber ... the Peebles defense was able to turnover the Flyers 6 times in the period while getting 5 pts from Oakley Burba, 4 pts off the bench from the big man Easton Wesley, and 2 each from Hunter White/Hunter Ruckel ... Peebles 35 Ironton St Joseph 24 after 2 ... the first quarter seemed to put this one away as it never felt that the Indians were in trouble in this one ... seemingly in control of the game & the outcome ... in the 3rd period PHS outscored ISJ 15-11 to take a 15 point lead into the final quarter ... scoring for the Indians was led by Weston Brownings 6 points - all on drives into the paint , as ALL of the PHS scoring in the quarter came at the rim - 4 pts for Mills/ 2 each from the Burba/Ruckel combination along with 1/2 by Alex Camp ... ISJ had 4/6 FTs in the period ... Ryan Payne added a triple to go with a pair of deuces from Matt Sheridan and Jimmy Mahlmeister for ISJ ... St. Joseph 35 Peebles 50 after 3 ... as well as the Flyers played in the 2nd half, they never overcame the 1st quarter 10 point deficit as ISJ won the 4th quarter scoring 12-7 ... Flyers scoring Zach Roach 8 points/Ryan Payne & Jimmy Mahlmeister 2 pts each ... PHS had 5 TOs in the period (Alex Camp with trey/4 points from Ruckel) ... Peebles 57 Ironton St Joseph 47 a final

... Pfloyd's offiical "UN-offical" Napkins Stats - ISJ

Scoring ... JC Damron 14, Ryan Payne 13, Zach Roach 11, Jimmy Mahlmeister 4, Max Weber 2, Matt Sheridan 2, Jared Johnson 1
3 Pointers ... 2/16 ... Zach Roach 1, Ryan Payne 1
FTs ... 15/23
TOs .... 9
PnP ..... 11 fgs/ 22 points in the paint
PnT .... 0
Pbck .... 4 fgs/ 8 points on putback buckets

... great season by the Flyers of Coach Barnes, 19-5 ... sectional chp , district semi W for an appearance in the District Final ... well done ! as I posted after the win over Federal Hocking - the win earned much respect from the hoops world in SE Ohio - pfloyd included ... pfloyd is looking forward to making a trip to I'town to see the 2020-21 Flyers - give them a deserved eye test early on next season ...

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Peebles

Scoring ... Hunter Ruckel 15, Dawson Mills 14, Weston Browning 11, Oakley Burba 7, Easton Wesley 4, Alex Camp 4, Hunter White 2
3 Pointers ... 3/8 ... Dawson Mills 3, Alex Camp 1
FTs ....... 10/16
TOs ..... 11
PnP .... 16 fgs/ 32 points in the paint
PnT .... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbck .... 2 fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

... the Indians of Coach Arey continue to move along the tournament trail ... Congratulations on the District Chp ! PHS is 9 deep, have size, quickness, THAT "go to" guy and a PG who makes everything run like a machine ... I had the pleasure to see Peebles a number of times this season - vs New Boston, vs Trimble, vs Federal Hocking & in the post season wins over Crooksville and last night vs Ironton St. Joseph - each time an Indians W each time the Indians showed improvement over the last time I saw them play - which is the mark of a quality TEAM "learning every time they step on the court" ... best of luck in regional play !!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Peebles 57 St. Joseph 47 a final

Post by LucasDavenport »

Very nice. Great work my friend.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I so love your napkin stats and the text brings the games to life. Thanks for what you all do.

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

Please come pfloyd! I am sure Father Huffman will gladly give you a tour of our beautiful gym, now in it's second season. Our Parish Life Center is more than just a place to play ball.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

highflyer wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:15 pm Please come pfloyd! I am sure Father Huffman will gladly give you a tour of our beautiful gym, now in it's second season. Our Parish Life Center is more than just a place to play ball.
highflyer ... pfloyd WILL make the trip ... it's in print here on SEOPs ... I had posted with your W over Federal Hocking that I had not ranked you high enough in the rankings ... last year it was the same with the SHAC teams - told them I would make a concerted effort to get to see the SHAC teams this past season - I did that went to the Lynchburg Clay shootout during the summer, saw Whiteoak early, Peebles, North Adams, Eastern Brown ... I will be going back to Lynchburg this summer to see what the SHAC returns for 2021 ... will look to see more teams west of Rte 23 next season ... AND now I have made the same "post" to get to the river to see not only Chesapeake, Fairland,New Boston but some more of the good small D4 schools - ISJ, Green ... more of the teams Lucasville Valley is on my must see teams next season as well ... trojandaves Portsmouth Trojans, along with the usual cast of teams - Wheelersburg, South Webster, Minford - the good thing is that many of these schools are traveling closer to where pfloyd is in the Logan/Athens area to play non-conference games ... but I WILL make the trip next season to see the new (this year) facility for ISJ ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

highflyer wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:15 pm Please come pfloyd! I am sure Father Huffman will gladly give you a tour of our beautiful gym, now in it's second season. Our Parish Life Center is more than just a place to play ball.
... you will probably get 2 SEOPsters for the price of one as LucasDavenport said that he would meet pfloyd at ISJ when I make the trip ... so ISJ will have the game updates from LD and a post game rundown as well LOL ...

...looking forward to making the trip ! - pfloyd

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, great recap as always.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The St. joseph facilities are top notch. great place to watch a game. People are extremely friendly and food is good. Not sure if they have twizzlers so you may want to stock up before you go pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm The St. joseph facilities are top notch. great place to watch a game. People are extremely friendly and food is good. Not sure if they have twizzlers so you may want to stock up before you go pfloyd.
LOL, Twizzlers are optional Ukfanatic LOL ... I will be definitely adding ISJ to the 2020-21 Pfloyd Tour - good basketball, good food, good people - the kind of draw that will get pfloyd to gymnasium near you LOL ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”