Trimble vs Grandview.

JC2124
Varsity

Re: Trimble vs Grandview.

Post by JC2124 »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:07 pm
JC2124 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:47 pm
Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:48 pm

The Bobcats were the third best team in the districts. Had they had to play ISJ or Pebbles they would have lost. I mean think about it. ISJ whooped up on Feed Hack, and Feed Hack beat up on the Bobcats soundly the last time they played each other. Good luck Grandview Hts. :D
Clearly you’re a genius.....
Trimble finds a way to win this game. Howie will have the cats ready
Still upset about the quick jettison from the Convo huh? Well, win some lose some. :D
No sir not at all. It was a great game. That’s all you can ask for in March. For the record we had one fan call you by a different name. Give it a rest. You had a great season. Enjoy that and stop the nonsense.

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

The last one outta Glouster shut out the lights !!! LOL

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I predict Howie will do the "stomp" 8 different times tonight !!!!! :o

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

This game was over about 6 seconds into the game when the Lachey kid threw down a pretty good dunk. After a terrible first quarter that ended at 27-8, Trimble was able to settle down somewhat. The score in the next 3 quarter’s was 35-24. I thought Trimble played scared the entire game.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Trimble Bobcats on an outstanding regular season, and a great tournament run.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 pm Congrats to the Trimble Bobcats on an outstanding regular season, and a great tournament run.
Sorry that I've called you the Bobcats instead of the Tomcats, you still had an outstanding regular season and also a great postseason.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to Trimble on a great season. Keep your chins up as you have represented well. Southeast Ohio is proud of you all. Again from Adams county we say well done.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Grandview is a very good team that plays excellent defense. I see them beating Hiland by 12

Its all in the hips
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Grandview is definitely not your typical D4 team. So much size and skill. Congrats Trimble on the great season

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:44 pm Grandview is a very good team that plays excellent defense. I see them beating Hiland by 12
I see it being a lot worse than 12. Grandview is legit!

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:03 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:44 pm Grandview is a very good team that plays excellent defense. I see them beating Hiland by 12
It's weird. Grandview is absolutely legit and returns 2 of the 3 key players who won a District in D3 last year, but I don't think they are invincible. After Lachey and Collier, they don't have much reliable scoring. Granted, their defense is phenomenal and they control the boards well, but if either of their top two studs were to get in foul trouble or have a rare off night, they could be in trouble.

When Grandview is on like last night, there's not many teams that can match up with them. But if you look at the District Finals and even Semi-Finals, both of those opponents hung with them a bit and never felt overwhelmed. Fisher Catholic kept it within striking distance until the end and even Shekinah Christian, despite their lack of early scoring, played them relatively even in the District Semis with the exception of two quick Grandview runs to end the first and second quarters.

Hiland won't be afraid of the moment, that's for sure. I would still give Grandview Heights a solid edge, but it wouldn't completely shock me if they lost.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Grandview by 15. make it to the state final four.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Snowman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:03 am
It's weird. Grandview is absolutely legit and returns 2 of the 3 key players who won a District in D3 last year, but I don't think they are invincible. After Lachey and Collier, they don't have much reliable scoring. Granted, their defense is phenomenal and they control the boards well, but if either of their top two studs were to get in foul trouble or have a rare off night, they could be in trouble.

When Grandview is on like last night, there's not many teams that can match up with them. But if you look at the District Finals and even Semi-Finals, both of those opponents hung with them a bit and never felt overwhelmed. Fisher Catholic kept it within striking distance until the end and even Shekinah Christian, despite their lack of early scoring, played them relatively even in the District Semis with the exception of two quick Grandview runs to end the first and second quarters.

Hiland won't be afraid of the moment, that's for sure. I would still give Grandview Heights a solid edge, but it wouldn't completely shock me if they lost.
I have followed Grandview Hts all year. Grandview Hts lost a starter in the Whitehall game (game 19) in L Trares.- he has had shoulder surgery for an injury incurred in that game- he is 6'3 and play guard/forward and was an offensive theat. With that being said the pieces have been coming together since. The so called fear Grandview fans is stated above. Who is going to step up and score additional points what happens when shooting is not there. So far 11 wins in a row. I will say in the Sectional and District Coach Corbett did a great job as getting tourney experience for the bench players because at some point the bench will be needed. Against Trimble Coach Corbett brought in 2 freshman in Holliman and Gecse and both scored and played well.
Very proud of this team for battling like they do- Berlin Hiland is going to be very very tough game. Peebles played very well and I do not think that Hiland played their best. That makes Friday's game for Grandview very concerning- Hiland will probably play lights out and they could do to Grandview Hts what they have done to Rosecans and Malvern. Hopefully Grandview can get to the Final 4 but it will be a tough task. Last year was last year but Grandview Hts made the trip to Berlin Hiland and came home with a 75-48 loss so Grandview Hts knows what they are about to face.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

JC2124 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:17 pm
Frequent Flyer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:07 pm
JC2124 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Clearly you’re a genius.....
Trimble finds a way to win this game. Howie will have the cats ready
Still upset about the quick jettison from the Convo huh? Well, win some lose some. :D
No sir not at all. It was a great game. That’s all you can ask for in March. For the record we had one fan call you by a different name. Give it a rest. You had a great season. Enjoy that and stop the nonsense.
Dude, I have no issues with you calling us by a different name. I thought it was kind of clever. The funny thing is, and "for the record" there were at least 5 posters doing it, those who did it were some of the same ones complaining that I returned the favor LOL. Danged liberal mentality. :lol:

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:12 pm I deleted those after i saw them on the game thread.

I might have missed earlier ones.

It’s time to pull for Trimble and The SE district. I also believe that the primary posters using the other name for St Joseph were not from Trimble.
Yea, I'm not a fan of you guys with green names deleting messages. I think we should be able to post what we want on her as long as we're not degrading kids. I don't think being jovial about a school nickname exceeds that rule.

Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

Could anyone post a program picture/roster of this Regional?

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

The program had pictures and rosters of all 16 D4 Regional teams.

Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

ok thanks, was hoping to see a Peebles/Grandview pages

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

This is my take. Grandview Heights very good team. Trimble was playing a lil conservative and I just think they were like WOW!! These boys played there hearts out tonight. I will say I hope Grandview Heights does'nt complain everytime they are getting pushed around. If you can't play with the big BOYS than you better put you on the bench. #1 whined the whole game because he was being pushed around. The coach is very classless and I am still going through the whole scenario of him telling and pushing his players to get into the spot to take the ball out when it was Trimbles Ball. We did'nt get out coached because this guy did'nt need to coach he had the talent at all aspects.

Go Cats!

Congrats Seniors!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm This is my take. Grandview Heights very good team. Trimble was playing a lil conservative and I just think they were like WOW!! These boys played there hearts out tonight. I will say I hope Grandview Heights does'nt complain everytime they are getting pushed around. If you can't play with the big BOYS than you better put you on the bench. #1 whined the whole game because he was being pushed around. The coach is very classless and I am still going through the whole scenario of him telling and pushing his players to get into the spot to take the ball out when it was Trimbles Ball. We did'nt get out coached because this guy did'nt need to coach he had the talent at all aspects.

Go Cats!

Congrats Seniors!
I have read a few of your posts and all you ever do is complain. I watched the game last night and I never seen the Grandview players whining. I thought their coach was a class act and his attitude has rubbed off on to his players. And it certainly looked like Grandview could play with the big boys. It was Trimble who struggled with the big boys.

Return to “Boys Basketball”