Peebles 44 Berlin Hiland 45 a final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Peebles 44 Berlin Hiland 45 a final ...

Post by pfloyd »

Peebles 44
Berlin Hiland 45 a final

... great game ... a Peebles TEAM who performed as well as anyone vs the Hawks ... totally looking like the better of the 2 teams in the first half of action ... I didn't see a single position or area of the game that BH had an advantage as I watched the first 2 quarters ... the Indians of Coach Arey controlled all phases of the game imo ... at the offensive end for PHS the man who had to be THE MAN - Hunter Ruckel - WAS the man as the 6-3 sr. drained 2 three balls to get things rolling for the Indians (6 pts in the qtr for Ruckel) ... 2 pointers were added by Dawson Mills on a nice medium range jumper along with Hunter White's deuce to go with a nice drive to the rim by the man who makes it all happen at both ends of the floor Weston Browning ... the Indians - as well as they played offensively left potential shots on goal out on the floor with 4 turnovers ... the Hawks of Berlin Hiland kept in contact getting a trey from Will Schlabach (Slay-bah) a pair of 2 pointers from Sam Habeger and deuce from Hunter Sommers ... Peebles 12 Berlin Hiland 10 after 1 ... Quarter #2 saw the Indians correct the turnover situation (1) and flipping the tables on BH as the PHS defense turned the Hawks over 4 times in the second picking up a transition bucket ... Hunter Ruckel added his 3rd trey of the game to with a pair of drives to the rim by Browning ... off the bench Easton Wesley added 2 deuces on the blocks ... the Hawks were bailed out by Hunter Sommers 9 points in the quarter ... Peebles got separation going into the half ... with the separation it looked from the Cheap Seats that the Indians could be THE ONE to advance to the Regional finals ... Peebles 26 Berlin Hiland 19 at intermission ... BH entered the game 22-4 ... coming in with the reputation of fundamentals, discipline at the offensive end, outstanding defense - the Indians had taken that away from BH in the first half ... the good teams are able to make "half time adjustments" - BH had to figure out how to stop Hunter Ruckel , how to jump start their offense ... the first adjustment noticed from the Cheap Seats was the Hawks making the effort to get Will Schlabach loose on the perimeter , the BH sharpshooting guard drilled 3 triples in the 3rd surrounding a pair of 2 pointers by Chris Shetler and Hunter Sommers ... the 3 treys more than allowed the Hawks to close the gap on the Indians as Peebles could only net 8 points in the period - 2 each from Mills/Oakley Burba on a nice drive down low/ Alex Camp and Browning ... Peebles 34 Berlin Hiland 32 after 3... neither team jumped out in the 4th as both teams had empty trips for the first 2:30 of the final period before Will Schlabach drained his 5th triple of the game giving BH the lead at 35-34 with 5:36 to play ... BH forced 4 PHS turnovers in the 4th ... allowing the Hawks to get separation to 2 possessions BH 42-38 with 1:17 to play ... the Indians of Coach Arey put their season in the hands of Weston Browning - the senior pg came through with 2 outstanding drives into the paint for buckets getting the spread to 40-42 with :58.2 to play ... 2 FTs from Hunter Sommers put the game back to a 2 possession game at 44-40 BH ... an unbelievable 3 ball from Hunter Ruckel crossing the top of the key pulled the "no quit" Indians to 43-44 with :13.9 to play ...TO Indians ! an immediate foul out of the time out put Schlabach on the line for 2 ...a make and a miss ... board to the Indians ... into the front court Browning loose at the FT line - shot ... no , TO Indians with :6.9 to play 43-45 Indians to get the final shot ... out of the TO, shot up - miss ... long rebound by Camp for a putback attempt from the foul line area - fouled on the shot ! he would go to the line for 2 FTs ... no time on the clock ... miss on the first ... make on the 2nd - game over ... Peebles 44 Berlin Hiland 45 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Peebles

Scoring ... Hunter Ruckel 16, Weston Browning 12, Dawson Mills 5, Easton Wesley 4, Alex Camp 3, Oakley Burba 2, Hunter White 2
3 Pointers ... 4/11 ... Hunter Ruckel 4
FTs ...... 4/6
TOs .... 12
PnP ... 11 fgs/ 22 points in the paint
PnT .... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbck ... 0

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Berlin Hiland

Scoring ...Hunter Sommers 18, Will Schlabach 16, Sam Habeger 6, Chris Shetler 5
3 Pointers ... 7/17 ... Will Schlabach 5, Hunter Sommers 2
FTs .... 6/11
TOs ....13
PnP .... 9 fgs/ 18 points in the paint
PnT .... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pback .... 0

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Peebles 44 Berlin Hiland 45 a final ...

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:43 pm Peebles 44
Berlin Hiland 45 a final

... great game ... a Peebles TEAM who performed as well as anyone vs the Hawks ... totally looking like the better of the 2 teams in the first half of action ... I didn't see a single position or area of the game that BH had an advantage as I watched the first 2 quarters ... the Indians of Coach Arey controlled all phases of the game imo ... at the offensive end for PHS the man who had to be THE MAN - Hunter Ruckel - WAS the man as the 6-3 sr. drained 2 three balls to get things rolling for the Indians (6 pts in the qtr for Ruckel) ... 2 pointers were added by Dawson Mills on a nice medium range jumper along with Hunter White's deuce to go with a nice drive to the rim by the man who makes it all happen at both ends of the floor Weston Browning ... the Indians - as well as they played offensively left potential shots on goal out on the floor with 4 turnovers ... the Hawks of Berlin Hiland kept in contact getting a trey from Will Schlabach (Slay-bah) a pair of 2 pointers from Sam Habeger and deuce from Hunter Sommers ... Peebles 12 Berlin Hiland 10 after 1 ... Quarter #2 saw the Indians correct the turnover situation (1) and flipping the tables on BH as the PHS defense turned the Hawks over 4 times in the second picking up a transition bucket ... Hunter Ruckel added his 3rd trey of the game to with a pair of drives to the rim by Browning ... off the bench Easton Wesley added 2 deuces on the blocks ... the Hawks were bailed out by Hunter Sommers 9 points in the quarter ... Peebles got separation going into the half ... with the separation it looked from the Cheap Seats that the Indians could be THE ONE to advance to the Regional finals ... Peebles 26 Berlin Hiland 19 at intermission ... BH entered the game 22-4 ... coming in with the reputation of fundamentals, discipline at the offensive end, outstanding defense - the Indians had taken that away from BH in the first half ... the good teams are able to make "half time adjustments" - BH had to figure out how to stop Hunter Ruckel , how to jump start their offense ... the first adjustment noticed from the Cheap Seats was the Hawks making the effort to get Will Schlabach loose on the perimeter , the BH sharpshooting guard drilled 3 triples in the 3rd surrounding a pair of 2 pointers by Chris Shetler and Hunter Sommers ... the 3 treys more than allowed the Hawks to close the gap on the Indians as Peebles could only net 8 points in the period - 2 each from Mills/Oakley Burba on a nice drive down low/ Alex Camp and Browning ... Peebles 34 Berlin Hiland 32 after 3... neither team jumped out in the 4th as both teams had empty trips for the first 2:30 of the final period before Will Schlabach drained his 5th triple of the game giving BH the lead at 35-34 with 5:36 to play ... BH forced 4 PHS turnovers in the 4th ... allowing the Hawks to get separation to 2 possessions BH 42-38 with 1:17 to play ... the Indians of Coach Arey put their season in the hands of Weston Browning - the senior pg came through with 2 outstanding drives into the paint for buckets getting the spread to 40-42 with :58.2 to play ... 2 FTs from Hunter Sommers put the game back to a 2 possession game at 44-40 BH ... an unbelievable 3 ball from Hunter Ruckel crossing the top of the key pulled the "no quit" Indians to 43-44 with :13.9 to play ...TO Indians ! an immediate foul out of the time out put Schlabach on the line for 2 ...a make and a miss ... board to the Indians ... into the front court Browning loose at the FT line - shot ... no , TO Indians with :6.9 to play 43-45 Indians to get the final shot ... out of the TO, shot up - miss ... long rebound by Camp for a putback attempt from the foul line area - fouled on the shot ! he would go to the line for 2 FTs ... no time on the clock ... miss on the first ... make on the 2nd - game over ... Peebles 44 Berlin Hiland 45 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Peebles

Scoring ... Hunter Ruckel 16, Weston Browning 12, Dawson Mills 5, Easton Wesley 4, Alex Camp 3, Oakley Burba 2, Hunter White 2
3 Pointers ... 4/11 ... Hunter Ruckel 4
FTs ...... 4/6
TOs .... 12
PnP ... 11 fgs/ 22 points in the paint
PnT .... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbck ... 0

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Berlin Hiland

Scoring ...Hunter Sommers 18, Will Schlabach 16, Sam Habeger 6, Chris Shetler 5
3 Pointers ... 7/17 ... Will Schlabach 5, Hunter Sommers 2
FTs .... 6/11
TOs ....13
PnP .... 9 fgs/ 18 points in the paint
PnT .... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pback .... 0
Thanks Pfloyd. Glad we played well against a very good team. Just wish we could have had 1 or 3 games left. Thanks for all you do. Peebles is reloading as we speak. Go Indians. Oh, if you're ever down North Eastern Adams county way. I'm always out around serpent mound state park area. Safe travels all.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Congrats to Peebles on another outstanding season..one of the top programs in this great state. Great effort tonight vs a very good Program in Hiland. Coach Arey will have the Indians back at the convo next season. They do it right down there and absolutely love there basketball. Fan support for being a D4 team is amazing. Now get
Eastern back on the schedule!😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great rundown pfloyd

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Awesome game and heartbreaking way to lose. I walked away thinking peebles was the better team it was just that highland made one more shot. Arey is a great coach who does a great job. Would have liked to see the last play ran for browning but Ruckels had played so well I understand why.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Usually when I read someone's summary of a game, I think they must have been at a different game but Pfloyd described that game and had the exact analysis I had - except he provided exquisite detail! Great job!

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 am Awesome game and heartbreaking way to lose. I walked away thinking peebles was the better team it was just that highland made one more shot. Arey is a great coach who does a great job. Would have liked to see the last play ran for browning but Ruckels had played so well I understand why.
UKfanatic, I'm a UK fan too. Dont mean to hijack this thread, but what in the heck is going on with Ashton Hagans? If his video was a joke, I need to hear how a college student gets his hands on that much money to use as a prop. If it wasn't a joke, that guy is dumber than a hoe handle.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, great recap as always.

Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

Could anyone scan a picture/program info from the game?

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

I thought Pebbles was the better team, but they didn't get the win. I look for GV to win by double digits in the next round, but unfortunately due to liberal mentality we won't get to see that game. :shock:

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Great recap. Peebles played great. I think if they would have given the ball to Browning for the last shot, Hiland would have used their last foul they had to give as soon as he started a drive to the basket and they'd have to inbounds the ball again. In my mind the difference in the game was the Hiland skill of knocking the ball loose from Peebles players hands, and the Peebles players not being as strong as they needed to be with the ball in their hands. Hiland did a better job of corralling loose balls than Pebbles did.

Sad that last night was my last tournament session of the season to attend! Can't beat the atmosphere of tournament basketball, even though the scoreboard remained very shy on basic info.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

beaverlover wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:20 am Congrats to Peebles on another outstanding season..one of the top programs in this great state. Great effort tonight vs a very good Program in Hiland. Coach Arey will have the Indians back at the convo next season. They do it right down there and absolutely love there basketball. Fan support for being a D4 team is amazing. Now get
Eastern back on the schedule!😂
I would say it will be back on soon.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

mhs95_06 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:11 pm Great recap. Peebles played great. I think if they would have given the ball to Browning for the last shot, Hiland would have used their last foul they had to give as soon as he started a drive to the basket and they'd have to inbounds the ball again. In my mind the difference in the game was the Hiland skill of knocking the ball loose from Peebles players hands, and the Peebles players not being as strong as they needed to be with the ball in their hands. Hiland did a better job of corralling loose balls than Pebbles did.

Sad that last night was my last tournament session of the season to attend! Can't beat the atmosphere of tournament basketball, even though the scoreboard remained very shy on basic info.
We got into the situation that I've always dreaded. Tie or down a couple with less than 3 minutes and the other team has 5 or 6 fouls to give. I'm so proud of Alex Camp scrapping for the rebound/ loose ball and getting off the shot. His hustle gave us a chance to tie and go to OT. Peebles usually gets to the line alot by attacking the lane and getting the foul shots. The and ones. That has been a big part of their sucess and the Hawks limited that stat. Congrats Hawks. One game at a time.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:22 pm
mhs95_06 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:11 pm Great recap. Peebles played great. I think if they would have given the ball to Browning for the last shot, Hiland would have used their last foul they had to give as soon as he started a drive to the basket and they'd have to inbounds the ball again. In my mind the difference in the game was the Hiland skill of knocking the ball loose from Peebles players hands, and the Peebles players not being as strong as they needed to be with the ball in their hands. Hiland did a better job of corralling loose balls than Pebbles did.

We got into the situation that I've always dreaded. Tie or down a couple with less than 3 minutes and the other team has 5 or 6 fouls to give. I'm so proud of Alex Camp scrapping for the rebound/ loose ball and getting off the shot. His hustle gave us a chance to tie and go to OT. Peebles usually gets to the line alot by attacking the lane and getting the foul shots. The and ones. That has been a big part of their sucess and the Hawks limited that stat. Congrats Hawks. One game at a time.
Oh and the pass from Mills, to Browning to Ruckle was the most awesome play I've seen. How Ruckle got that off was spectacular.,falling out of bounds. Too bad it didn't count. Awesome shot , none the less.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Awesome season my hometown boys. You grew into men this year. Time to live and learn for the future,on and off the court. You will do well.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

I am still sad over this loss. I have thought a lot about it this week and I am sure not glad we lost but I also glad that we don't have a game hanging in the balance.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

goindians42 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:07 pm I am still sad over this loss. I have thought a lot about it this week and I am sure not glad we lost but I also glad that we don't have a game hanging in the balance.
I'm sad as well,but; I'm looking forward to seeing Oakley and the boys on the court this fall.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles and Coach Arey will have it reloaded and ready to compete again this fall at a gymnasium near you. Go Indians. Bringing back 6'5"Wesley,6'6" Mills, 6'3 "Burba,that started most of year dependent on matchups, Guard White who played alot on varsity,6'3" McCoy who will be a Jr. , all toll there will be I think 7 or 8 seniors some of which played on a very good reserve team this year as jrs.a couple of freshman ,sophmores and Jrs will compete for the varsity slots. The future looks good.The Indians will be deep again.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:59 pm Peebles and Coach Arey will have it reloaded and ready to compete again this fall at a gymnasium near you. Go Indians. Bringing back 6'5"Wesley,6'6" Mills, 6'3 "Burba,that started most of year dependent on matchups, Guard White who played alot on varsity,6'3" McCoy who will be a Jr. , all toll there will be I think 7 or 8 seniors some of which played on a very good reserve team this year as jrs.a couple of freshman ,sophmores and Jrs will compete for the varsity slots. The future looks good.The Indians will be deep again.
* I HOPE there is some type of summer shootout season for HS basketball - not looking good right now BUT we'll see ... hope all is well with you Hoopie74 ! the pg position will be tough "refill" for Coach Arey ... Browning was so clutch, leader on the floor for sure ... Ruckel - outstanding - strong, scorer of the ball inside and out ... but Coach Arey HAS lots of talent returning along with size ... leaders will step forward - many times THAT is what happens over the summer during that "shootout season" ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Doing great. I just received the seops players of the games shirts for Browning,Ruckle and Camp. I took them to coach Arey to be passed out. Thanks to you and mattash. Appriciated for sure.
I will let you know anything I find out about shootouts etc... As far as the team ,I think Josh has a plan on how to use this team( maybe in a different way to utilize their talents. The reserves last year were very deep and lost just a few games and were guard oriented,so Peebles being a guard oriented team in the past will find ways to win. I'm excited to see the finished product and I think you will see another deep in the bench team that you saw last year. If Hunter White steps up and the McCoy boy continues to work hard, I'm thinking 17-5 perhaps. A player I will throw out there is Bryce Willoby.He could be the sleeper with his shooting and heads up play. They may supprise me though,because of Josh's coaching. Good to hear from you and have a great healthy summer.

Return to “Boys Basketball”