Wow!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Wow!

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I want you all to read your own posts about playing the GAME of basketball. This Coronavirus is no GAME, it is better to be safe then sorry. I sure hope none of you complaining about not being able to watch a sporting event don’t lose a friend or a family member to this unknown Coronavirus. I commend the people who are standing up and closing, canceling or limiting the possibility of this spreading. Leave the decisions to the medical people and quit the bitching about everything that you don’t agree with.

3sUp
Varsity

Re: Wow!

Post by 3sUp »

I agree with what you said. Just look at Italy for what happens when you don’t do anything about the virus. But get ready for some backlash. This topic is about as toxic as politics is on social media right now.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

It is much easier to apologize for overreacting than it is for gloating saying i told you so. While it is a shame that events will be played with minimal spectators is in the best interest of those involved

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:19 pm I want you all to read your own posts about playing the GAME of basketball. This Coronavirus is no GAME, it is better to be safe then sorry. I sure hope none of you complaining about not being able to watch a sporting event don’t lose a friend or a family member to this unknown Coronavirus. I commend the people who are standing up and closing, canceling or limiting the possibility of this spreading. Leave the decisions to the medical people and quit the bitching about everything that you don’t agree with.
I haven’t blamed anyone but it 100% sucks for kids and the communities who have made it this far. The inconsistencies tick me off. My mind won’t change, not bitching at anyone. The people making these decisions are higher ups and are putting much thought into it and also likely tons of pressure to do so. This is a high school sports website made up of small but passionate communities. It sucks, not blaming anyone.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:10 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:19 pm I want you all to read your own posts about playing the GAME of basketball. This Coronavirus is no GAME, it is better to be safe then sorry. I sure hope none of you complaining about not being able to watch a sporting event don’t lose a friend or a family member to this unknown Coronavirus. I commend the people who are standing up and closing, canceling or limiting the possibility of this spreading. Leave the decisions to the medical people and quit the bitching about everything that you don’t agree with.
I haven’t blamed anyone but it 100% sucks for kids and the communities who have made it this far. The inconsistencies tick me off. My mind won’t change, not bitching at anyone. The people making these decisions are higher ups and are putting much thought into it and also likely tons of pressure to do so. This is a high school sports website made up of small but passionate communities. It sucks, not blaming anyone.

Has there been some outspoken criticism on here or something?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m with you 💯 on this virus. THIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE. Wish these precautions were taken for influenza. Maybe we wouldn’t lose 60,000 people a year to it.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Here is an illustration showing why some of the decisions are being made the way there are.
Attachments
CC88EBE3-3492-4437-89D1-22CB9A331173.jpeg

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Why is this thread on the boys basketball forum? Please move it to SEO News, Politics, or the General Chat Forum.

You know politically biased responses are coming so leaving it on here is just asking for it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:25 pm Why is this thread on the boys basketball forum? Please move it to SEO News, Politics, or the General Chat Forum.

You know politically biased responses are coming so leaving it on here is just asking for it.
I agree, get it off the basketball forum!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

I put it on here because people are on here talking about how stupid it is to be not allowing people to watch their schools play in these regional and state games. How about we let the medical and higher ups decide what should be done. How about we think about the people across this world who have died from it so far. I’m sorry but some of you on here should be ashamed that all you are thinking about is you. So what if this turns out to be nothing? If it saves one life it is worth it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LOL

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I read today where Chuck Norris killed Coronavirus when he contracted it. I think we’re good now.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:14 pm I put it on here because people are on here talking about how stupid it is to be not allowing people to watch their schools play in these regional and state games. How about we let the medical and higher ups decide what should be done. How about we think about the people across this world who have died from it so far. I’m sorry but some of you on here should be ashamed that all you are thinking about is you. So what if this turns out to be nothing? If it saves one life it is worth it.
Yes this virus is serious! The problem I have with it, is that all of these flu viruses are serious. If they would take these types of precautions every flu season maybe they could save thousands of lives every year.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Bulldog84,
Agree!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

It's fine here. It can be moved when it dies down. Sucks but maybe it's for the best.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
toast
All State

Post by toast »

COVID-19 has 10 times the mortality rate as the seasonal flu. In some parts of the world the death rate is 6%.

Our only chance to get on top of this is NOW. Once the outbreak explodes it's too late. Time to defer to the health experts and take the necessary steps.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

+1

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

No one wants anyone to die or become infected. Of course it’s always best to be safe but also if taken to far with that thought, we’d never ever get anything done. The effects look obvious to outweigh the sickness of the virus. It is certainly being somewhat blown out of proportion. Taking measures is needed for sure. But this is wild right now and will be much more very very soon. But the “better to be safe” is being full bore for this and an afterthought for virtually everything else harmful and dangerous.

Gas is cheap though

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

toast wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:31 am COVID-19 has 10 times the mortality rate as the seasonal flu. In some parts of the world the death rate is 6%.

Our only chance to get on top of this is NOW. Once the outbreak explodes it's too late. Time to defer to the health experts and take the necessary steps.
10x the mortality rate? Dr. Fauci said it has the possibility to be that.

Here are some numbers....as of yesterday

127,000 cases of Covid 19...1,323 in US
4,718 deaths worldwide...38 in US

This flu season....from CDC

34 million cases of flu
350,000 hospitalizations due to flu
App. 20,000 deaths due to flu

Covid 19 comes from one virus
Influenza comes from many

Those are some facts from CD and Johns Hopkins school of Public Health....who is working with CDC
Also...there are about 2,500 researchers and medical providers working on Covid 19.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm
toast wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:31 am COVID-19 has 10 times the mortality rate as the seasonal flu. In some parts of the world the death rate is 6%.

10x the mortality rate? Dr. Fauci said it has the possibility to be that.

Here are some numbers....as of yesterday

127,000 cases of Covid 19...1,323 in US
4,718 deaths worldwide...38 in US

This flu season....from CDC

34 million cases of flu
350,000 hospitalizations due to flu
App. 20,000 deaths due to flu

Covid 19 comes from one virus
Influenza comes from many

Those are some facts from CD and Johns Hopkins school of Public Health....who is working with CDC
Also...there are about 2,500 researchers and medical providers working on Covid 19.
The CDC numbers for influenza are as of this past Sunday

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Boys Basketball”