basketball 20-21

themilkman
Waterboy

basketball 20-21

Post by themilkman »

With all kind of speculation on no sports seasons for 20-21, what does everyone think? My opinion is with the increased testing, the percentages of infections and deaths are going to be so low things will start to return to normal. but i know some are just so scared it may really hurt our boys seasons.

Prime Time
All State

Re: basketball 20-21

Post by Prime Time »

MM, with winter coming during basketball a second wave that has mutated into a more virulent strand could be knocking at our door come November..I know people can’t believe or want to believe a new world has begun to emerge and it’s here like it or not. Behind the scenes as we speak , schools, organizations are laying out plans for fall and winter and its work at home and staying away from people. I know it’s hard to accept for everyone but this is and will be theReality going forward. that’s my opinion and I hope I m wrong. But in reality I can’t see a gym with people in it at close range. No I don’t hide in my basement and I believe in Dr Amy Acton and Gov Mike DEWine and follow the governments rules and regulations whether I like it or not. If Mike says do this or do that we ought to respect our leadership and the decisions that they are making for the entire population, humanity is at a crossroads as our we gonna lose hundreds of thousands more or Will things gradually get back to somewhat normalcy under strict guidelines by our elected officials. God Bless and stay safe. Wear your masks, stay 6 feet apart and we will defeat this enemy.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Prime Time wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:13 pm MM, with winter coming during basketball a second wave that has mutated into a more virulent strand could be knocking at our door come November..I know people can’t believe or want to believe a new world has begun to emerge and it’s here like it or not. Behind the scenes as we speak , schools, organizations are laying out plans for fall and winter and its work at home and staying away from people. I know it’s hard to accept for everyone but this is and will be theReality going forward. that’s my opinion and I hope I m wrong. But in reality I can’t see a gym with people in it at close range. No I don’t hide in my basement and I believe in Dr Amy Acton and Gov Mike DEWine and follow the governments rules and regulations whether I like it or not. If Mike says do this or do that we ought to respect our leadership and the decisions that they are making for the entire population, humanity is at a crossroads as our we gonna lose hundreds of thousands more or Will things gradually get back to somewhat normalcy under strict guidelines by our elected officials. God Bless and stay safe. Wear your masks, stay 6 feet apart and we will defeat this enemy.
Very well said ! Hopefully the worst is over and a 2nd wave doesn’t come. Also, I hope it’s a learning lesson to All people in that : washing hands and some social distancing will continue. If we’re stubborn or reckless, then we’ve learned nothing.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

This is the second wave

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Ok then, then the fall-winter wave which we will call the 3rd wave which could be a different mutation, as some scientists are saying is happening now, mutating into a more virulent virus time fall winter comes, you can call it any wave you want but it’s still there and by all indications mutating as it goes.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Fake news

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I don’t know if I would call it Fake News but I do believe the media is painting the worst case scenario.

I think schools after Labor Day will be back to in-person instruction. Sure .... there are going to be a lot of precautions in place but in reality this is not the first time mankind has faced a pandemic. (It is the first time this generation has thou!)

The shutdown was put in place to slow the spread of the virus not stop the virus. The shutdown has does just that. Let the scientist keep working on medicines and let‘s start to get back to a “New Normal”.

THEConvoK9
Waterboy

Post by THEConvoK9 »

After the Chinese and Democrats use mail in voting to get a puppet back in the White House it will go back to normal.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

I was going to say the same thing. Once democrats get their puppet and Trump is ousted then there will be a miraculous vaccine and all the world will rejoice! LOL #DTA

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

It is absolutely mind blowing that people actually believe what they see and hear on the news. Disappointing.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Many are incapable of thinking for themselves and some are hearing voices.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

After Nov 3rd ... COVID -19 will go away ... IF someone starts to promote DELAYING the election for a year or two - vaccines will be everywhere to be found - street corners, on the shelves at Walmart, you'll be able to get the vaccine "to go" everywhere LOL ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:48 pm After Nov 3rd ... COVID -19 will go away ... IF someone starts to promote DELAYING the election for a year or two - vaccines will be everywhere to be found - street corners, on the shelves at Walmart, you'll be able to get the vaccine "to go" everywhere LOL ...
I’d even promise to vote democrat if I thought it would speed things up

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

mlittle wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:48 pm After Nov 3rd ... COVID -19 will go away ... IF someone starts to promote DELAYING the election for a year or two - vaccines will be everywhere to be found - street corners, on the shelves at Walmart, you'll be able to get the vaccine "to go" everywhere LOL ...
I’d even promise to vote democrat if I thought it would speed things up
Dont think I would go that far. Lol

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I think we'll have sports this coming school year, however things will be a bit different until we have a vaccine. There have been vaccines for the corona virus made for animals such dogs and horses here in the US and Canada; however, not yet one created for humans. Once this is figured out along with people's immune systems adapting to fight off the virus I believe we will be able to enjoy things like before.

Return to “Boys Basketball”