6. West
7. Eastern
8. Oak Hill
9. Northwest

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: SOC2 2020-2021

Post by BigBlueNation »

transplant wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:12 pm Waverly, Burg will probably be tops in the league. Minford will win some games. I look for Valley to be a completely different team than last year. Not sure about West, Webster, Eastern and Northwest. Hoping for some good basketball all around though. Are the top football players playing basketball as well this year? Anyone deciding not to play basketball?
I would say your right on Valley totally different. I'm going say get ready to run

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I sure hope so. We have the athletes, let them be athletes and make plays.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

The Waverly 5 wins

Wheelersburg will somehow beat them once with far less talent though

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Burg graduated 1 senior (rarely played) from last year. I would think them to be the favorite. Did also Waverly return everyone?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:20 am Burg graduated 1 senior (rarely played) from last year. I would think them to be the favorite. Did also Waverly return everyone?
Waverly lost 3 seniors. Two who were starters in Smallwood and Goodman and one who saw time very sparingly. Smallwood was an aggressive physical big, who had a nice touch around the rim. Goodman was quick, a good hard nosed defender and one of those guys who would run thru a brick wall for you if asked. But I would venture to say Waverly will be a better team this year then they were last year. The only thing that may be in question for them will be depth. Most of the bench players will be guys who haven’t seen much Varsity time, so will have to see how they adjust. Waverly’s starting 5 will be very good tho.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:26 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:20 am Burg graduated 1 senior (rarely played) from last year. I would think them to be the favorite. Did also Waverly return everyone?
Waverly lost 3 seniors. Two who were starters in Smallwood and Goodman and one who saw time very sparingly. Smallwood was an aggressive physical big, who had a nice touch around the rim. Goodman was quick, a good hard nosed defender and one of those guys who would run thru a brick wall for you if asked. But I would venture to say Waverly will be a better team this year then they were last year. The only thing that may be in question for them will be depth. Most of the bench players will be guys who haven’t seen much Varsity time, so will have to see how they adjust. Waverly’s starting 5 will be very good tho.
Who do you expect to start for Waverly? and who will give quality minutes on the bench? I know that Trey R, Zeke B and Will F will be big peices but not sure who else is playing.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

football87 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:18 pm
Who do you expect to start for Waverly? and who will give quality minutes on the bench? I know that Trey R, Zeke B and Will F will be big peices but not sure who else is playing.
Trey Robertson - Junior
Mark Stulley - Junior
Will Futhey - Junior
Zeke Brown - Senior
Wade Futhey - Junior
Gage Wheeler - Senior

NOT SURE ABOUT
Haydn Shanks (missed entire season last year) - Senior
Phoenix Wolf (missed entire season last year) - Senior

I have not heard who has been in the gym but did hear there were good numbers out compared to last year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Trey Robertson - Junior
Mark Stulley - Junior
Will Futhey - Junior
Zeke Brown - Senior
Wade Futhey - Junior
Gage Wheeler - Senior

NOT SURE ABOUT

I have not heard who has been in the gym but did hear there were good numbers out compared to last year.
I’d venture to say as far as on court production Smallwood will be the only player they miss from last year. But I do think Waverly is better this year than last.

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

smurray wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Trey Robertson - Junior
Mark Stulley - Junior
Will Futhey - Junior
Zeke Brown - Senior
Wade Futhey - Junior
Gage Wheeler - Senior

NOT SURE ABOUT

Wolf is playing. Not sure about Shanks.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

My guess on the the starters are: Robertson, Stulley, Wheeler, Will Futhey and Zeke.

That would give them 3 very good ball handlers and two strong athletic bigs.

As far as off the bench:
Wade Futhey - Jr guard. He’s a very good shooter and a smart player.
Phoenix Wolf (if playing) - Sr forward - nice size at 6’3. Very athletic and fast. Will be a good defender and rebounder.
Haydn Shanks (if playing) - Sr forward - another big at 6’3. Very strong and physical. Loves to bang around inside. Also has a nice mid range jumper.
After that it kinda is a mystery. I guess it will depend on who Coach Robertson thinks steps up and earns varsity time. Some guys who may see time in the rotation are: Eli Crabtree, Hudson Kelly, Drake Teeters and Logan Swords.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has had 2 scrimmages at Peebles and against Clay
Peebles is a very good team. West had a few good quarters and a couple bad ones. New coach is still trying to figure who can do what I'm sure. But we have some nice size and athleticism.

Looked to handle Clay fairly easily.
I think they will surprise, especially the second half of the season if they get to play.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:29 am

My guess on the the starters are: Robertson, Stulley, Wheeler, Will Futhey and Zeke.

That would give them 3 very good ball handlers and two strong athletic bigs.

As far as off the bench:
Wade Futhey - Jr guard. He’s a very good shooter and a smart player.
Phoenix Wolf (if playing) - Sr forward - nice size at 6’3. Very athletic and fast. Will be a good defender and rebounder.
Haydn Shanks (if playing) - Sr forward - another big at 6’3. Very strong and physical. Loves to bang around inside. Also has a nice mid range jumper.
After that it kinda is a mystery. I guess it will depend on who Coach Robertson thinks steps up and earns varsity time. Some guys who may see time in the rotation are: Eli Crabtree, Hudson Kelly, Drake Teeters and Logan Swords.
I was just told Shanks is playing along with Wolf.
Peyton Harris is also playing.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

well boys it’s that time of year when it gets dark at 5.
Hopefully they give Swank a rona pass for Webster ball this year if they decide to hold tickets. It’d be a travesty if they didn’t

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Which schools are allowing non family etc fans in?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Valley only giving players tickets. No general admission tickets will be available. Not sure about other schools.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:01 pm Valley only giving players tickets. No general admission tickets will be available. Not sure about other schools.
I’m sure a lot of schools will be like that.

Another question: what schools are streaming their games? That would be great for the schools that are unable to give any GA tickets or has to severely limit the players tickets too

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Id say you are right. I would guess that the schools that streamed their football games would be able to do basketball as well? I hope so at least, im ready to watch some round ball.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 pm Id say you are right. I would guess that the schools that streamed their football games would be able to do basketball as well? I hope so at least, im ready to watch some round ball.
I believe so. I think that SOSA will be streaming games throughout the area as well. I know they only did SVC games during the fall, but last I had heard, they were looking to expand their coverage on basketball games as well.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Boys Basketball”