Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

Post by pfloyd »

... a concern for the committee of one this season ! Will I be able to get into basketball games this winter? If I can't get "eyes on" this winter - not sure there will be a Pfloyd Elite 8 ranking of the 71 teams this winter ... hoping that is not the case BUT ...

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

Post by Omega »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 pm ... a concern for the committee of one this season ! Will I be able to get into basketball games this winter? If I can't get "eyes on" this winter - not sure there will be a Pfloyd Elite 8 ranking of the 71 teams this winter ... hoping that is not the case BUT ...
PF, I think you have to assume there will be similar attendance restrictions for basketball as there are for football. Maybe more stringent as roundball is indoors. As to your being able to attend, maybe @mattash could figure a way to have you become an official "member of the press" for SEOP.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

Post by mattash »

@pfloyd give me a list of games and I'll reach out

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:09 pm @pfloyd give me a list of games and I'll reach out
I'll have to see what the schedules are this season before I can do that mattash BUT thank you ... I got word that the annual tip off classic at ZT is not taking place this season (someone correct me if THAT info is incorrect) - that being due to the current Covid situation/protocols I'm sure ... may be the same for many of the in-season tourneys due to the fact that the gates will be limited due to the attendance protocols ...

I plan to put out the Preseason Elite 8 at the end of October ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Omega wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:11 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 pm ... a concern for the committee of one this season ! Will I be able to get into basketball games this winter? If I can't get "eyes on" this winter - not sure there will be a Pfloyd Elite 8 ranking of the 71 teams this winter ... hoping that is not the case BUT ...
PF, I think you have to assume there will be similar attendance restrictions for basketball as there are for football. Maybe more stringent as roundball is indoors. As to your being able to attend, maybe @mattash could figure a way to have you become an official "member of the press" for SEOP.
Omega - I was thinking the same thing that the attendance policy would be similar to FB, if not worse due to the the indoor venue ... have been able to get press passes for the post season at the Convo BUT this would be 71 schools potentially recognizing a SEOP press pass for entry ... would be nice though ...

I just feel that anyone can rank the teams from home ... I do the best I can to give at least the top 30-40 teams the eye test - when I can compare what I see in person with the top teams I feel real good about ranking the teams ... we will see how things play out in the next month or so ... thanks for your input Omega !

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

You are already press status in Lancer land. I can get you on the list for whatever games you choose to attend.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JC2124 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:53 pm You are already press status in Lancer land. I can get you on the list for whatever games you choose to attend.
Thanks JC2124 ...pfloyd will definitely be looking to make a couple trips to see the Lancers this season ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'm concerned about the season starting on time at first with cold/flu season going on and it being hard to tell the difference without a PCR test.

When the season starts, I see similar restrictions as we've seen in the fall, at least in the beginning.

spierce
Waterboy

Post by spierce »

The plan will be the same as it is for volleyball

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

PFloyd—if you are at any of my games that I’ll be officiating you can be my guest.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

i agree with the above. I strongly believe you will be able to get entry with the "press" pass, to most SE district games anyway.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

OHSAA said this afternoon max 300 attendance cap will remain in place for winter sports.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think if trump wins this crap will end sooner than later. If Biden wins he’s already admitted to locking down the country so we probably won’t have a season. Not trying to sway anyone’s voting decision but if you want a season vote Trump

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:53 pm PFloyd—if you are at any of my games that I’ll be officiating you can be my guest.
Same here.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 pm I think if trump wins this crap will end sooner than later. If Biden wins he’s already admitted to locking down the country so we probably won’t have a season. Not trying to sway anyone’s voting decision but if you want a season vote Trump
lol huh? have you not heard of state's rights, brother?

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Dewine will have to be told by a judge to drop the restrictions. There is a lawsuit going to a judge in November.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 pm I think if trump wins this crap will end sooner than later. If Biden wins he’s already admitted to locking down the country so we probably won’t have a season. Not trying to sway anyone’s voting decision but if you want a season vote Trump
lol huh? have you not heard of state's rights, brother?
No

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Unless the mask restrictions are lifted, I won't be going to any Portsmouth Trojans basketball games this season, which will be a very long time since that has happened. I only went to half of the first quarter of the Ironton/Portsmouth football game (first game of the season), sitting by myself, before I was told I had to wear my mask even when I was yelling/cheering for the Trojans. I got up and walked out of the Trojan Coliseum and haven't been back since. I didn't mind wearing a mask to go to the concession area or restrooms, but I will not comply with having to wear a mask when cheering for my school, especially so when I'm sitting by myself........that's overcontrol to the point of paranoia.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Last info I got was that all systems are go for winter sports. Any restrictions left up to each individual school.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I did get a kick out of this one though from a coach who called into our post game show Friday night.

For wrestling he said one of the few state mandates was that teams could not shake hands afterwards. lol

Go roll around on the mat together - but for heavens sake, don't shake hands afterward you might spread the coronavirus.

Return to “Boys Basketball”