Are there going to be ANY Tip Off Classics this Covid Season? Zane Trace? Piketon? ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Are there going to be ANY Tip Off Classics this Covid Season? Zane Trace? Piketon? ...

Post by pfloyd »

With the limits on the number of attendees to these multi-team tip off events, are there going to be ANY this season??? ... I was told a month or so ago that the ZT Tip Off Classic will not happen this season - is this true? how about the Piketon Tip Off event? ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Are there going to be ANY Tip Off Classics this Covid Season? Zane Trace? Piketon? ...

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace is cancelled for the year

Can’t imagine anyone doing it with how much extra work will go into it. Clearing/cleaning the gym and locker rooms between each game would be a nightmare for multiple games in a day.

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Are there going to be ANY Tip Off Classics this Covid Season? Zane Trace? Piketon? ...

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:02 pm Zane Trace is cancelled for the year

Can’t imagine anyone doing it with how much extra work will go into it. Clearing/cleaning the gym and locker rooms between each game would be a nightmare for multiple games in a day.
How are they planning to do freshman, JV, and varsity all in the same night?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not sure about all 3 in one night. But did Volleyball go JV/Varsity in the same night? If they did volleyball, id assume they could at least do JV/Varsity Bball the same way?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:02 pm Zane Trace is cancelled for the year

The scrubbing down between games only applies to when schools play Team A for a freshman game and then Team B for JV and Varsity, so unless Team B has all three teams then those nights will be only JV/Varsity.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think they won’t have to clear and wipe down everything if it’s the same schools playing each other in all 3 levels.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm

I think they won’t have to clear and wipe down everything if it’s the same schools playing each other in all 3 levels.
I am pretty sure that is correct. The only problem would be for the fans....if a gym is only allowed 50 fans per side, that would be a problem to let all parents of all the players and cheerleaders to attend. Possible clear the gym after one of the games?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:05 am
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm

I am pretty sure that is correct. The only problem would be for the fans....if a gym is only allowed 50 fans per side, that would be a problem to let all parents of all the players and cheerleaders to attend. Possible clear the gym after one of the games?
I think it might come down to that. We can fit like 180 or so in our gym at 15%, so it may come down that, especially because we have more cheerleaders than basketball players.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I spoke with the AD at Piketon yesterday, and he that as of now, the Piketon Tip Off Classic is a go. Not exactly sure what the protocols will be for clearing/cleaning the gym. He said attendance can be up to 300. I will post when I know something more.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mikepike wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:55 am I spoke with the AD at Piketon yesterday, and he that as of now, the Piketon Tip Off Classic is a go. Not exactly sure what the protocols will be for clearing/cleaning the gym. He said attendance can be up to 300. I will post when I know something more.
... thanks mikepike for THAT information ! What is the date? If I'm not mistaken it was on the first Saturday of allowable play ...

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The Piketon Classic is Saturday, December 5. I don’t know the lineup of games, but I was told the Streaks play South Point.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

mikepike wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm The Piketon Classic is Saturday, December 5. I don’t know the lineup of games, but I was told the Streaks play South Point.
Piketon does play South Point in the Piketon Classic. I also believe that Western Pike plays Southeastern.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens will play in the Zanesville Tip off classic Fri the 27th and Sat the 28th

Talked to AD and he said it's still a go.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The schedule (I believe) for the Piketon Classic:

12:00 pm Piketon VS Whiteoak girls varsity
Piketon VS Western boys freshman
Piketon VS Western boys jv
Western VS Southeastern boys varsity
Piketon VS South Point boys varsity

I don't know what the ticket situation is going to be. From what I've heard, it's going to be limited to parents and essential people only.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Pike County has their own protocols. :)

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The Piketon Classic is down to two games. Girls varsity at noon, Piketon boys varsity at 4. Sad.

Return to “Boys Basketball”