SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

mlittle
SEOP

Re: SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:14 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:01 pm
petesweaty wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:51 pm Zane Trace only has 17 total boys playing.
Wow
You’d think with the success they had there would be more boys out than that!
Yea that’s kinda hard to believe.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Well, it is true. ZT has no freshman team. Only 3 frosh playing.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

One positive is that they only had 17 kids 3 seasons ago too and that turned out okay.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Yeah, not close to the same talent.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

1st of all just wanted to say Hi to my Buddy MLITTLE
hope your right this season your Sherman’s lost a lot of height But they still have some back it’s a 3 team race Adena Piketon and Unioto can’t wait

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:07 pm 1st of all just wanted to say Hi to my Buddy MLITTLE
hope your right this season your Sherman’s lost a lot of height But they still have some back it’s a 3 team race Adena Piketon and Unioto can’t wait
Yes sir. Hope we get to play. We’ll still have decent height but Defending champs with one of the top players in the league coming back. Should be a fun one if we get it in.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

For what its worth (not really anything). SOSA had a poll out, here are results:

Favorite to Win SVC:
Adena 39%
Unioto 31%
Piketon 16%
Field 14%

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:28 pm For what its worth (not really anything). SOSA had a poll out, here are results:

Favorite to Win SVC:
Adena 39%
Unioto 31%
Piketon 16%
Field 14%
Don’t see anything wrong with this. We smacked Adena pretty good last year twice but they return all their guys I believe and we only return 2 starters. By that theory you could place Piketon ahead of Unioto also

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

Ross County Health District recommends suspension of all extra-curricular activities until after the first of the year.

http://rosscountyhealth.org/wp-content/ ... KcuCSBfeMI

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

blueskin wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:05 pm Ross County Health District recommends suspension of all extra-curricular activities until after the first of the year.

http://rosscountyhealth.org/wp-content/ ... KcuCSBfeMI
And then tomorrow someone will question it and they’ll back down like they did last Monday. Then we will repeat the same thing again in a week.

It’s hard to take seriously when they still don’t recommend to shut down schools as a whole. When a small percentage of students actually participate in sports, but a much greater percentage work. Also, if sports are such a problem, shouldn’t school lunches be a greater problem as well?

Just saw that Ross County is 86th out of 88 counties when it comes to # of cases per 100k population. Only counties that have a lower % of cases are Vinton and Holmes Counties.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just looked up the number of cases within schools in Ross County and knowing that Unioto is down to 1 in the entirety of the district (will likely be updated tomorrow), I don’t see how sports can be deemed an issue.

We are already going to only have family at games in the next month, so what has changed since that was discussed last Tuesday?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I thought this was settled last week. 7-12 sports would continue.
Ross County is very low right now on cases.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Someone wants their picture in the Gazette....again! Lol

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:34 pm Just looked up the number of cases within schools in Ross County and knowing that Unioto is down to 1 in the entirety of the district (will likely be updated tomorrow), I don’t see how sports can be deemed an issue.

We are already going to only have family at games in the next month, so what has changed since that was discussed last Tuesday?
The schools are doing a great job with it! Kids are safer with the structure of school and sports than anywhere else.

Coach Shoe
Waterboy

Post by Coach Shoe »

My take:

1. Adena - Sykes, Bennett, Throckmorton, Garrison and McDonald are the best top 5 in the league. McDonald is going to surprise some people and Davis Kerns looked good over the spring and summer. He'll provide some depth.
2. Unioto - Good size and depth, experience and talent at the PG position with Little.
3. Piketon/Paint Valley - Both have depth and are very athletic. Grubb can score in a variety of ways.
5. Southeastern - Pretty good junior class.
6. Westfall - I'm not sure who they return but I was impressed with their coaching last year.
7. Zane Trace - They have some decent younger kids but they're a year or so away.
8. Huntington - I know they have some decent younger kids too but they're also a couple years away.

I believe Adena can run the SVC table, but that's easier said than done. Should be a fun season, just wish we could have the fans there.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Coach Shoe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:23 pm My take:

1. Adena - Sykes, Bennett, Throckmorton, Garrison and McDonald are the best top 5 in the league. McDonald is going to surprise some people and Davis Kerns looked good over the spring and summer. He'll provide some depth.
2. Unioto - Good size and depth, experience and talent at the PG position with Little.
3. Piketon/Paint Valley - Both have depth and are very athletic. Grubb can score in a variety of ways.
6. Westfall - I'm not sure who they return but I was impressed with their coaching last year.
7. Zane Trace - They have some decent younger kids but they're a year or so away.
8. Huntington - I know they have some decent younger kids too but they're also a couple years away.

I believe Adena can run the SVC table, but that's easier said than done. Should be a fun season, just wish we could have the fans there.
McDonald is a solid athlete. He looked good at times last year. Adena probably the favorite but I think we’re close. I also think Piketon is a lot better than PV. Piketon takes both those games. But to me the key will be who can field 💯 of their team. With the quarantine rules it’s gonna be hard to keep all the kids on the court for every game so you could see some upsets

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I can see SE surprising some teams this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:34 am

I can see SE surprising some teams this year.
I agree. They gave us a scare last year. I still have them finishing 4th behind Piketon

tnichols10
Waterboy

Post by tnichols10 »

After the 1st weekend of SVC play this is my thoughts.
1 Adena - playing really well and tough match up with anyone size and experience.
2. Unioto - defense carries them can beat anybody if they are getting buckets.
(3/4)ZT/ Piketon - not sure which team is better. ZT has nice size and athletes..played Fairland tight for 3 and half qtrs and plays great D . Piketon has more experience but defense is questionable at times and got blown out by Fairland.
5. SE - hard to tell since most of their starters were out the 1st weekend.
6. PV - good athletes and size struggled with ball pressure.
7. Westfall - depth will be an issue
8. Huntington - will struggle with teams with any size.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

tnichols10 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:23 am After the 1st weekend of SVC play this is my thoughts.
1 Adena - playing really well and tough match up with anyone size and experience.
2. Unioto - defense carries them can beat anybody if they are getting buckets.
(3/4)ZT/ Piketon - not sure which team is better. ZT has nice size and athletes..played Fairland tight for 3 and half qtrs and plays great D . Piketon has more experience but defense is questionable at times and got blown out by Fairland.
5. SE - hard to tell since most of their starters were out the 1st weekend.
6. PV - good athletes and size struggled with ball pressure.
7. Westfall - depth will be an issue
8. Huntington - will struggle with teams with any size.
ZT has surprised me this year. I knew their sophomore class was solid but they seem to be adjusting to varsity quite well. ZT has a nice program and great coaching. They won’t be an easy out for anyone this season

Return to “Boys Basketball”