Where is the Pfloyd pre season Elite 8?

bman
SEO

Re: Where is the Pfloyd pre season Elite 8?

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:03 am
bman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:56 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Logan Elm 16th? I’d have them near the top. Jackson has work to do with a bunch of new rotation players.
Logan Elm is going to be very skilled, play solid defense and will be deeper than a year ago, but size remains a concern if they take on a team that has good guard play with size in the post.
Being in the SE District that puts them top 5 for sure.
Logan Elm will be one of the better teams in the district, so I agree with that. Just pointing out like every team in this district, there is an area for concern when they play a team that is as skilled as they are with height.
Last edited by bman on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 am
bman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:07 pm I think the SVC could potentially have 3 teams in that top 8-12 this year.
:lol: :lol:

If you said top 20-25 I could buy that, but top 8-12... "Come On, Man!". ;)
Agree to disagree. Top 15
If Zane Trace was bringing back its team from last year, I would agree with that. Fact is the SVC lost its best team to graduation.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:46 am
bman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 am

:lol: :lol:

If you said top 20-25 I could buy that, but top 8-12... "Come On, Man!". ;)
If Zane Trace was bringing back its team from last year, I would agree with that. Fact is the SVC lost its best team to graduation.
Well I’m not sure how to take that since the team they tied with has a few starters back from their championship team last year. But yes we did lose some key pieces to graduation

I think Unioto Adena and Piketon will all be pretty darn good this year

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:07 am

Well I’m not sure how to take that since the team they tied with has a few starters back from their championship team last year. But yes we did lose some key pieces to graduation

Yeah, Unioto tied for the title with ZT and congrats on that. Unioto also lost one of the two meetings by 14 points. Unioto had a good team last year, but Zane Trace had a very good team and would win 7-8 out of 10 meetings against most teams in the district.

Coach Hoops does a nice job and I expect Unioto to have another good team. SVC will be competitive at the top, but if they have three teams in the top 8-12 of this district like you think could happen then this district is terrible.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Back to the original question. Pfloyd is starting to worry me! He ok? haven't seen him post anywhere?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

football life wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 am Back to the original question. Pfloyd is starting to worry me! He ok? haven't seen him post anywhere?
Last post I could find was from November 1st

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86256

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Omega wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:48 am
football life wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 am Back to the original question. Pfloyd is starting to worry me! He ok? haven't seen him post anywhere?
Last post I could find was from November 1st

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86256
He’s still on Facebook, so nothing to worry about. He’ll be back here once we see where the chips fall for the season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:25 am

Yeah, Unioto tied for the title with ZT and congrats on that. Unioto also lost one of the two meetings by 14 points. Unioto had a good team last year, but Zane Trace had a very good team and would win 7-8 out of 10 meetings against most teams in the district.

Coach Hoops does a nice job and I expect Unioto to have another good team. SVC will be competitive at the top, but if they have three teams in the top 8-12 of this district like you think could happen then this district is terrible.
I may have been aiming a wee high at the 8-12. I just think all 3 of those teams are gonna be pretty good and I have a higher knowledge content of the svc teams than I do other teams and leagues around the southeast area so naturally I’m going to gravitate towards what I know.

And I’m obviously biased towards Unioto and have no issues admitting it. But if anyone remembers that second game we lost by 14 Little played on a badly sprained ankle and that was a 1 or 2 point game going into the 4th. I’d wager to say that ZT team wasn’t so much better that they would’ve won 7 of 8. My guess is those teams were so even they split 50/50 most nights.

But again I think you’ll see those 3 teams consistently in that top 15-20 throughout the year. 8-12 may have been a stretch. That’s the only thing we will agree on. Of course that’s if we even have a season

Outside the svc I believe Logan Elm is gonna be really good with what they return and Waverly with Robertson, Futhey, and brown returning should be really good. Also Wolfe may play and that definitely won’t hurt.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Running a "write in" campaign for POTUS takes a lot of time, and the post election rumblings are keeping me busy ... BUT I have the first draft of the Preseason Elite 8 done as of 6:35pm tonight ... I need to take my draft rankings, let them sit overnight, look at them again - make changes as needed based on my napkin stats from the end of last season THEN post the Elite 8 with all 70 teams ... Should be good to go Friday night at 8pm (Friday the 13th) ... I included the end of the season/post post season records from mattash's stats ...

Going to be a difficult season to get out there and do the "eye test" on teams ... I WANT to be out there BUT the limited attendance will make that difficult at best ... then there is my responsibility to stay healthy for myself, my family and as a teacher my students/my job ... will see how everything plays out in the next few weeks ...

I apologize for NOT having the rankings out there yet - with all kidding aside, the Covid situation is adding so much more to teaching than any other time in my 39 years in the classroom - in school instruction with online/remote instruction as well due to the contact tracing/quarantined students ... no excuse just facts ... going to continue to be challenging ...

... look for the rankings of all 70 teams tomorrow night at 8pm ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:46 pm Running a "write in" campaign for POTUS takes a lot of time, and the post election rumblings are keeping me busy ... BUT I have the first draft of the Preseason Elite 8 done as of 6:35pm tonight ... I need to take my draft rankings, let them sit overnight, look at them again - make changes as needed based on my napkin stats from the end of last season THEN post the Elite 8 with all 70 teams ... Should be good to go Friday night at 8pm (Friday the 13th) ... I included the end of the season/post post season records from mattash's stats ...

Going to be a difficult season to get out there and do the "eye test" on teams ... I WANT to be out there BUT the limited attendance will make that difficult at best ... then there is my responsibility to stay healthy for myself, my family and as a teacher my students/my job ... will see how everything plays out in the next few weeks ...

I apologize for NOT having the rankings out there yet - with all kidding aside, the Covid situation is adding so much more to teaching than any other time in my 39 years in the classroom - in school instruction with online/remote instruction as well due to the contact tracing/quarantined students ... no excuse just facts ... going to continue to be challenging ...

Let’s go!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:47 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:46 pm Running a "write in" campaign for POTUS takes a lot of time, and the post election rumblings are keeping me busy ... BUT I have the first draft of the Preseason Elite 8 done as of 6:35pm tonight ... I need to take my draft rankings, let them sit overnight, look at them again - make changes as needed based on my napkin stats from the end of last season THEN post the Elite 8 with all 70 teams ... Should be good to go Friday night at 8pm (Friday the 13th) ... I included the end of the season/post post season records from mattash's stats ...

Let’s go!
Patience !!! ... I'm OLD !!! - the committee of 1 "does it right" ! - I don't do anything half-a$$ - sorry ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Let’s go!
Patience !!! ... I'm OLD !!! - the committee of 1 "does it right" ! - I don't do anything half-a$$ - sorry ...
You are old 😂 that “let’s go!” was celebratory and not rushing you lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Let’s go!
Definitely celebratory! No rush. I was gonna go with the LFG! But wasn’t sure it was appropriate

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:14 am

I may have been aiming a wee high at the 8-12. I just think all 3 of those teams are gonna be pretty good and I have a higher knowledge content of the svc teams than I do other teams and leagues around the southeast area so naturally I’m going to gravitate towards what I know.

And I’m obviously biased towards Unioto and have no issues admitting it. But if anyone remembers that second game we lost by 14 Little played on a badly sprained ankle and that was a 1 or 2 point game going into the 4th. I’d wager to say that ZT team wasn’t so much better that they would’ve won 7 of 8. My guess is those teams were so even they split 50/50 most nights.

But again I think you’ll see those 3 teams consistently in that top 15-20 throughout the year. 8-12 may have been a stretch. That’s the only thing we will agree on. Of course that’s if we even have a season

Outside the svc I believe Logan Elm is gonna be really good with what they return and Waverly with Robertson, Futhey, and brown returning should be really good. Also Wolfe may play and that definitely won’t hurt.

I enjoy watching your son compete and he definitely lit it up against Westfall during football season. Also took a late hit going out of bounds on the home sideline from what I remember that didn't get a flag for some reason.

Cam Evans was an exceptional player for ZT and they had a nice starting five. I have a high opinion of that team and they went down fighting hard against a very talented Harvest Prep squad in the regional. Nothing against Unioto.

Like I said, Unioto will be solid and I know Adena has some high quality kids, as well, led by Bennett and Sykes. Not as familiar with Piketon.

Logan Elm and Waverly will both be solid and Coach Maddox annually turns out good teams at Warren. Fairfield Union should also be solid.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

We'll have to be your eyes at some of these games pfloyd with the limited attendance. You will enter the season with a good working knowledge of the district and I hope you get to see some games. You may have to take in a few games on the various live feeds. Those aren't too bad, although nothing is like being at a game. Hope all is well with you my friend.

Seems like a long time since we were talking with Sweet Lou on the Convo floor before the district final between Warren and Logan Elm back in March.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:57 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:14 am

I enjoy watching your son compete and he definitely lit it up against Westfall during football season. Also took a late hit going out of bounds on the home sideline from what I remember that didn't get a flag for some reason.

Cam Evans was an exceptional player for ZT and they had a nice starting five. I have a high opinion of that team and they went down fighting hard against a very talented Harvest Prep squad in the regional. Nothing against Unioto.

Like I said, Unioto will be solid and I know Adena has some high quality kids, as well, led by Bennett and Sykes. Not as familiar with Piketon.

Logan Elm and Waverly will both be solid and Coach Maddox annually turns out good teams at Warren. Fairfield Union should also be solid.
Yea that was a wild sequence at the football game. Long story tho.

Piketon returns 4 starters from last years squad led by Chandler who will more than likely be in the discussion for POY along with Little and Bennett.

Also pretty excited to have picked up a Thursday scrimmage with Warren this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Way I see it we have about 3 hours before the official Elite 8 drop!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”