Will The Governor Put A Hold On Winter Sports?

radiodavel
JV Team

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... ter-sports

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Will The Governor Put A Hold On Winter Sports?

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes as soon as the football championships are played

See you MLK Day

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I think Basketball will play.
Also though I keep hearing basketball league games only from Jan 1-Feb 20. Then the tournament.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I don't want him to, and I pray he doesn't.... but at this point it seems inevitable.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I don’t think they get started on time. I would say it will be 2021 before the first ball gets tipped off for a regular season game. Hopefully I’m wrong, but it just seems to be trending that way. I wouldn’t be surprised if schools are either urged to or told to go virtual from Thanksgiving until after the first of the year. After football is over, I think contact sports especially, gets put on hold thru the Holiday season.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

They will play with limited fans.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:20 am I don’t think they get started on time. I would say it will be 2021 before the first ball gets tipped off for a regular season game. Hopefully I’m wrong, but it just seems to be trending that way. I wouldn’t be surprised if schools are either urged to or told to go virtual from Thanksgiving until after the first of the year. After football is over, I think contact sports especially, gets put on hold thru the Holiday season.
Agreed! Unless numbers reverse, which isn’t going to be likely with testing expanding rapidly daily, we may all be optimistically predicting to have a season period. We have been fortunate to see football season proceed imo.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

This sounds very similar to baseball. There was talk about it being pushed back, then said conference games only, then they decided to cancel the season. If cases keep rising, I do not see a basketball season. Not sure if this will effect baseball or not.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

It better not effect spring sports. They have already been screwed once.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I don’t think the season gets canceled entirely. I don’t see it being played until sometime in January or February tho. Very well could be a conference only/reduced regular season.

IMO, come next week more restrictions will be put in place as far as what is open. And I also believe schools will be learning remotely from Thanksgiving until about a week after New Years. So I would say if they recommend or make schools do that, then they won’t be any games played at least in that time frame. I think with the cases being how they are right now, the state has to start putting restrictions back on at least in certain areas. Especially because they know that almost everyone will be going to larger gatherings for the holidays and no matter what recommendations they give out saying not to, they are not going to stop people from doing so. But as of right now, I see a delayed season not a canceled one.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:48 pm I don’t think the season gets canceled entirely. I don’t see it being played until sometime in January or February tho. Very well could be a conference only/reduced regular season.

IMO, come next week more restrictions will be put in place as far as what is open. And I also believe schools will be learning remotely from Thanksgiving until about a week after New Years. So I would say if they recommend or make schools do that, then they won’t be any games played at least in that time frame. I think with the cases being how they are right now, the state has to start putting restrictions back on at least in certain areas. Especially because they know that almost everyone will be going to larger gatherings for the holidays and no matter what recommendations they give out saying not to, they are not going to stop people from doing so. But as of right now, I see a delayed season not a canceled one.
I'll agree. That sounds just about right.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

If they delay the season until January, wonder when they can start to practice and when in January will games start? No way you can start the season in February and finish before tournaments.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:48 pm I don’t think the season gets canceled entirely. I don’t see it being played until sometime in January or February tho. Very well could be a conference only/reduced regular season.

If we don’t completely lock everything down for 3 weeks and I mean everything OR allow people to go about their business and let herd immunity take place then we will just keep reliving this same nightmare. By semi closing things down randomly it’s just allowing the virus to hang around. If they apply more restriction the virus will still live on and then when they release the restrictions and let more people out the cases will rise again. rinse and repeat

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

No, just open everything.
That is how you get HERD IMMUNITY. Not hiding from it.
99.99% survival rate.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:26 pm

If we don’t completely lock everything down for 3 weeks and I mean everything OR allow people to go about their business and let herd immunity take place then we will just keep reliving this same nightmare. By semi closing things down randomly it’s just allowing the virus to hang around. If they apply more restriction the virus will still live on and then when they release the restrictions and let more people out the cases will rise again. rinse and repeat
I know it may have sounded like I think they should shut everything down, I was speaking from the POV of the state. I don’t believe shutting everything down is the answer necessarily, just assuming that is what’s coming. But also, as many people as I see out in southern Ohio not wearing a mask is getting pretty high. Do masks work? Idk. But it is a super simple rule to follow and people can’t seem to do it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:14 am
mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:26 pm

I know it may have sounded like I think they should shut everything down, I was speaking from the POV of the state. I don’t believe shutting everything down is the answer necessarily, just assuming that is what’s coming. But also, as many people as I see out in southern Ohio not wearing a mask is getting pretty high. Do masks work? Idk. But it is a super simple rule to follow and people can’t seem to do it.
I don’t think it’s the answer either but neither are masks. 85% of people who tested positive for covid have admitted to wearing a mask most of the time or all of the time. These gators and scarfs and cheap masks were never gonna stop the virus or even slow it down for that matter. They should have issued the N95 to at risk and elderly (which does block in and out) and let the rest of us be.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Masks don't work period!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

West Virginia just shut down winter sports until some time in January !!!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Bozo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 am It better not effect spring sports. They have already been screwed once.
I agree totally with you.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:51 pm West Virginia just shut down winter sports until some time in January !!!

Yep, January 11th

https://wvmetronews.com/2020/11/13/just ... er-sports/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Boys Basketball”