High school basketball in jeopardy

tougheveryday
Waterboy

High school basketball in jeopardy

Post by tougheveryday »

It's looking real bleak here at Peebles and surrounding areas.Having basketball will take a miracle.If they try to go back crazy Biden is gonna shut country down 6 weeks or so.If a player has a fever they will scream covid etc.Im usually optomestic.Having a senior on the team is really tough.I just got a real sick feeling it ain't gonna happen.I hope I'm wrong but with school and stores shutting down all around its looking real shakey.

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: High school basketball in jeopardy

Post by bsee12345 »

Alot will ride on what the governor does next Thursday. If the governor closes down the restaurants, gyms and bars then more closing will probably follow. I would expect probably a delay in the start of the season. Interesting thing is that they are reporting extra ordinary low numbers of the flu- so I kinda question the COVID numbers but nobody seems to want to question what we are being told.

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

Have fun in 21🏀🏀🏀
Last edited by tougheveryday on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bsee12345 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:01 pm Alot will ride on what the governor does next Thursday. If the governor closes down the restaurants, gyms and bars then more closing will probably follow. I would expect probably a delay in the start of the season. Interesting thing is that they are reporting extra ordinary low numbers of the flu- so I kinda question the COVID numbers but nobody seems to want to question what we are being told.
Everyone is questioning it. It’s just that nobody is listening

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:37 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:01 pm Alot will ride on what the governor does next Thursday. If the governor closes down the restaurants, gyms and bars then more closing will probably follow. I would expect probably a delay in the start of the season. Interesting thing is that they are reporting extra ordinary low numbers of the flu- so I kinda question the COVID numbers but nobody seems to want to question what we are being told.
Flu numbers way down tells me one thing - THEY ARE BEING COUNTED AS COVID. But that’s just my opinion and everybody has one.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:14 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:37 pm
Flu numbers way down tells me one thing - THEY ARE BEING COUNTED AS COVID. But that’s just my opinion and everybody has one.
They’re not down. They’re GONE!

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

Morgan Local Schools made this announcement on Facebook today (11/14)

Unfortunately, due to a rise in positive Coronavirus cases and the ripple effects of quarantine, we will be closing all district school buildings beginning, Monday, November 16th until Tuesday, December 1st. Teachers will provide instruction through Google classroom and send packets home to students who do not have digital access.

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

Just no telling what's gonna happen!!!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 pm Morgan Local Schools made this announcement on Facebook today (11/14)

Unfortunately, due to a rise in positive Coronavirus cases and the ripple effects of quarantine, we will be closing all district school buildings beginning, Monday, November 16th until Tuesday, December 1st. Teachers will provide instruction through Google classroom and send packets home to students who do not have digital access.
A lot of schools are doing this, but a lot of the reasoning is a lack of substitute teachers. Not necessarily because of a lot of actual Covid cases.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 am
MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 pm Morgan Local Schools made this announcement on Facebook today (11/14)

A lot of schools are doing this, but a lot of the reasoning is a lack of substitute teachers. Not necessarily because of a lot of actual Covid cases.
Even schools who have locked up subs for the semester are struggling to find subs right now.

But, that’s what happens when the state makes it difficult to become a sub on top of other reasons why there are less subs already.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 am
se-alum wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 am

Even schools who have locked up subs for the semester are struggling to find subs right now.

But, that’s what happens when the state makes it difficult to become a sub on top of other reasons why there are less subs already.
Sub requirements are ridiculous. Let's be honest, subs aren't expected to do a whole lot. I think they should have different requirements for long term and short term subs. That way if you need someone to basically just manage the classroom for a day or two, you aren't requiring a bachelor's degree.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Basketball is on as long as schools have the guts to let kids play.

Return to “Boys Basketball”