MCClain at Unioto 11/25

mlittle
SEOP

MCClain at Unioto 11/25

Post by mlittle »

Love to get input on the game. I feel this is gonna be a tough opener for both teams. Little and Bagley will probably both get theirs. Will this come down to the roll players and if so who has the upper hand?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MCClain at Unioto 11/25

Post by Ironman92 »

Badgley is tough. McClain should be solid and contend for FAC title. Game at Unioto I’ll take the Sherman Tanks by 9.

Little seems ready to go about 21.3 ppg

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 pm Badgley is tough. McClain should be solid and contend for FAC title. Game at Unioto I’ll take the Sherman Tanks by 9.

Little seems ready to go about 21.3 ppg
Bagley scares me. We defended him as good as a team could’ve last year and he still hurt us..... as a sophomore. I really like that kid, he’s a player. Little didn’t play against them last year so hopefully they forget about him

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Is it true Ross County is trying to delay winter sports?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Also hearing Ross County is shutting down sports until January.

Any of our Ross County posters able to confirm?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm Also hearing Ross County is shutting down sports until January.

What u talking about Willis

Where is Mlittle he usually has the scoop. So that mean the virus gonna evaporate in January?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

That's the rumor i heard, Ross County Health Department shutting sports down. We will see.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 pm That's the rumor i heard, Ross County Health Department shutting sports down. We will see.
There was some talk of a recommendation coming down at 1 to do that, but there was a lot of backlash and I believe that they are at least discussing things with the schools before outright shutting it down.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:58 pm
transplant wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 pm That's the rumor i heard, Ross County Health Department shutting sports down. We will see.
There was some talk of a recommendation coming down at 1 to do that, but there was a lot of backlash and I believe that they are at least discussing things with the schools before outright shutting it down.
Gotcha, thank you for that info. my info must have been from before the backlash. Thanks again, we will see how it unfolds.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:01 pm
Gotcha, thank you for that info. my info must have been from before the backlash. Thanks again, we will see how it unfolds.
No problem. I was told at 11:15 that’s what was going to happen...and then it never did. Not yet at least, I’m sure it will be soon.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:04 pm

No problem. I was told at 11:15 that’s what was going to happen...and then it never did. Not yet at least, I’m sure it will be soon.
Sounds like members from the schools will be getting together to dicuss their path forward. Might not know anything offical til tomorrow.

jakebiz22
Waterboy

Post by jakebiz22 »

I know Chillicothe told their kids today that sports is getting shut down until January.

jakebiz22
Waterboy

Post by jakebiz22 »

I heard they are having another meeting with the health department tomorrow morning before it is official. Some AD’s are fighting for the kids to still play. Not sure how they can justify letting kids in school, but postponing sports.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

shoelace wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:56 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm Also hearing Ross County is shutting down sports until January.

What u talking about Willis

Where is Mlittle he usually has the scoop. So that mean the virus gonna evaporate in January?
Sorry I’ve been busy. Just got off the phone with a few superintendents and someone at the health dept. trying to figure this out and this is what I’m hearing.

1. Some of the supers are upset with the county health dept. simply because the Governor, OHSAA, and the OHIO health dept. are all saying the season is a go and then the county health dept. is now stepping in and trying to shut down the season. Plus there is yet to be a single shred of evidence that sports are causing any spikes in cases more than normal.

Now this is just a recommendation from the health dept but they could make it very tough for schools to operate a sports season if they don’t comply.

2. A few of the things I’m hearing is the supers are working with the health director to try and compromise so we can try to salvage the season.

1. Postpone the season until mid January and try to get full season

2. Start mid January with league only

3. Start the season as planned with zero fans. With the possibility fans will be permitted mid January if the numbers go down.
Last edited by mlittle on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:04 pm

I’m guessing the backlash was more than they expected. We can’t let up, we can’t let them take this season from these kids.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

jakebiz22 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm I heard they are having another meeting with the health department tomorrow morning before it is official. Some AD’s are fighting for the kids to still play. Not sure how they can justify letting kids in school, but postponing sports.
It’s not just justifying that but justifying closing sports after the Ohio health dept, governor and ohsaa all said go for it. Plus there is yet to be evidence these sporting events cause mass spreading. Sounds like the new county health director is trying to flex a little and he’s getting a lot of backlash

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

This whole fiasco has been a three ring circus for 9 months and it continues........
I hope the kids get to play because it was really sad last spring.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Sounds like they will move forward with the seasons. Allowing only 2 tickets and no concessions. Biddy ball shutdown until Jan. Re-evaluation on Jan. 4th.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:29 am Sounds like they will move forward with the seasons. Allowing only 2 tickets and no concessions. Biddy ball shutdown until Jan. Re-evaluation on Jan. 4th.
Game is on! Really excited for all the kids, and the parents who are living vicariously through their kids like me.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Glad the kids get to play. And good luck to your kid, and you, this season mlittle.

Return to “Boys Basketball”