Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond

Post by radiodavel »

Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... to-respond

Bulldog84
All Conference

Re: Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond

Post by Bulldog84 »

radiodavel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:33 pm Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond
We as fans and parents have to do whatever it takes so these student athletes can play. Just wear the stinking masks!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

It’s for the kids so if it takes no fans that’s fine as long as they get to play.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The ohsaa just came behind him and said this was false. He’s talking about other fans. Parents will still be permitted in the games

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 pm
radiodavel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:33 pm Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond
We as fans and parents have to do whatever it takes so these student athletes can play. Just wear the stinking masks!
WE ARE WEARING THE MASKS. EVERYONE IS WEARING THE GD MASKS.

Virus gonna virus. The masked are doing very little if anything to slow the spike

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Virus gonna virus. The masked are doing very little if anything to slow the spike
Lol, dang man calm down! I get your frustration because I don’t think the masks do anything. I’m just saying wear the stupid mask to keep all the stupid people making the rules happy.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm It’s for the kids so if it takes no fans that’s fine as long as they get to play.
Agreed!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

The OHSAA had already put it that parents will be permitted to attend games. Beyond parents nobody will be able to attend. OHSAA was very quick to respond to the governor. The governor just sent a needless panic thru school athletic parents.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The governor sucks at explaining his recommendations and mandates.

I’m so tired of him.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:04 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Lol, dang man calm down! I get your frustration because I don’t think the masks do anything. I’m just saying wear the stupid mask to keep all the stupid people making the rules happy.
😀😀😀

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

It’s all BS. These kids might as will be playing pickup ball at the Y. No fans, no energy, no excitement. The original plan of 15 to 20% capacity was perfectly fine and safe. Dewine always have to take it one step to far.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This is like wearing latex pants in the sack. It’s over kill.

Guess I’m gonna have to find me a kid on Webster’s team to adopt now

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Let’s force all the kids to get together at Billy Bob’s house for pizza and beer and watch the game live stream since they can’t get into the games. Does Dewine really think people are gonna stay home???

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

If they don't, this will be a short season. Hope I am wrong but this may be just the beginning. Better get as many games in the next couple weeks as you can and hope people start following the guidelines these officials are "recommending" or it may become more than a recommendation.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:52 pm If they don't, this will be a short season. Hope I am wrong but this may be just the beginning. Better get as many games in the next couple weeks as you can and hope people start following the guidelines these officials are "recommending" or it may become more than a recommendation.
Has nothing to do with people gathering. Spikes gonna happen regardless of what we do. It’s flu season and virus gonna virus

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Really, well that is good to know. Going to be a strange season. The school where I work can finally practice this Friday. Will be a 10 lay off and open up the season the following day on Saturday-crazy. I Just know we were put on notice that these guidelines need to be followed or else. We, meaning our school did not do as good a job at following the stipulations set forth for fall sports as we probably should have and basically were told it was going to be different after the meeting with the health department today. If people don't- I could see the season cut short. Best of luck hopefully, hopefully they get to play as many games as possible.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

KRS wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:52 pm If they don't, this will be a short season. Hope I am wrong but this may be just the beginning. Better get as many games in the next couple weeks as you can and hope people start following the guidelines these officials are "recommending" or it may become more than a recommendation.
Adams county isn't allowing it's teams to play already. Peebles,West Union and North Adams are just allowed to have 8 players in the gym at a time and no practices now. They will probably not even get to compete after working all year to be ready. It definitely sucks for the kids.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Sad , but the biggest losers in all of this are the players ! This virus does very little to this age group! Most kids show absolutely no signs. 70% of deaths are 70 and above. Protect the vulnerable , protect the elderly and let the kids play!!!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 am Sad , but the biggest losers in all of this are the players ! This virus does very little to this age group! Most kids show absolutely no signs. 70% of deaths are 70 and above. Protect the vulnerable , protect the elderly and let the kids play!!!!!!
I even hate that there won’t be any big crowds. The atmosphere of high school sports is one of the things that makes it so special. And it’s gonna be really hard for me especially at the games because I like to yell dumb stuff at officials and I need the crowd noise to drown me out a little 😬

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:27 am
baseball16 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 am Sad , but the biggest losers in all of this are the players ! This virus does very little to this age group! Most kids show absolutely no signs. 70% of deaths are 70 and above. Protect the vulnerable , protect the elderly and let the kids play!!!!!!
I even hate that there won’t be any big crowds. The atmosphere of high school sports is one of the things that makes it so special. And it’s gonna be really hard for me especially at the games because I like to yell dumb stuff at officials and I need the crowd noise to drown me out a little 😬

PREAAAACCHHHHHHH

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”