Re: Streaming Game locations

Post by tnichols10 »

Zane Tace is on @ZTAthletics on Twitter

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAKELlnQvAxL?t=9m38s&s=09

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

Athens vs Jackson: Athens has suspended streaming events until further notice as Covid has put the two people who run the stream in quarantine.
If anyone wants to do it on their own page or has any better idea to show the game feel free to reach out to the Athens AD.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Warren athletics has continued to give the people a punch in the covid gut. This punch is not just felt in our community, but every community they are involved with in athletics this winter. While covid has limited those in attendance for athletic events, Warren has locked up their streaming rights, not just for home events, but also apparently away games. Belpre and Marietta both seem to have been prevented streaming rights. With people out of work I would think Warren would have more compassion for their community and their neighbors. At a charge of $9.95 for a basketball game, when most everyone else is free is unbelievable. The taxpayers of Warren voted for new schools and additional money for athletic facility upgrades. I don't believe this is how we should be thanked!

I just wonder how much money they have made so far on streaming fees and if it is enough to pay for the goodwill they have lost.

Cypress
Waterboy

Post by Cypress »

Curious wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:02 pm Warren athletics has continued to give the people a punch in the covid gut. This punch is not just felt in our community, but every community they are involved with in athletics this winter. While covid has limited those in attendance for athletic events, Warren has locked up their streaming rights, not just for home events, but also apparently away games. Belpre and Marietta both seem to have been prevented streaming rights. With people out of work I would think Warren would have more compassion for their community and their neighbors. At a charge of $9.95 for a basketball game, when most everyone else is free is unbelievable. The taxpayers of Warren voted for new schools and additional money for athletic facility upgrades. I don't believe this is how we should be thanked!

I just wonder how much money they have made so far on streaming fees and if it is enough to pay for the goodwill they have lost.
I think this is is pretty low, especially with all restrictions everyone is dealing with not being able to attend games.
Started to watch Belpre's stream of the Belpre/Warren game when it abruptly ended after warmups.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

👎🏻 Warren

How much does a ticket at Warren cost to watch in person? 5$? 6?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
E High
All State

Post by E High »

You’re not getting in unless you have a pass from a player or coach.

BigDog357
Waterboy

Post by BigDog357 »

All Northwest Mohawk games can be streamed on YouTube under Northwest Mohawk Football Nation.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BigDog357 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:31 pm All Northwest Mohawk games can be streamed on YouTube under Northwest Mohawk Football Nation.
... thank you ! I want to catch the Mohawks this season on the live stream ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

YouTube D44 Films

Showing McClain at Adena

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:14 am YouTube D44 Films

Showing McClain at Adena
THAT should be a good one I92 ... it will have one of my 3 computer screen spots ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:30 am

Showing McClain at Adena
THAT should be a good one I92 ... it will have one of my 3 computer screen spots ...
Do you feel more robotic with all you are doing? How different does it feel? What do you think you are missing by not being in the cheap seats? You definitely get more looks and for every team with what you are doing. Be nice if you could get to a few games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:36 am

Showing McClain at Adena
Do you feel more robotic with all you are doing? How different does it feel? What do you think you are missing by not being in the cheap seats? You definitely get more looks and for every team with what you are doing. Be nice if you could get to a few games.
I would much rather be in the Cheap Seats - on livestream I can't get a real feel for size of players or the speed of players ... I watched Fairland yesterday - I KNOW that Buckeye Valley had a size advantage across the board but that doesn't show on the video as well as in person imo ... on the livestream we are at the mercy of the camera - some videographers are better than others, some livestream are cellphone videos others are really good with good angles and the action is followed like the folks know what they are doing ... I watched one the night (for about 1 minute) where they were using what looked like a fisheye lens so they could set up the camera at midcourt and not have to follow the action at either end ... horrible! as the court looked like it was at the old Shade Elem. school ... players taking 2 steps and they were at the other end LOL ... obviously any chance of doing napkin stats wasn't going to happen as you can see/read numbers on jerseys ... BUT with that said ANY effort to show the games is appreciated !!! I don't know what I would do NOT being able to watch teams play - and as you pointed out I GET TO A LOT MORE TEAMS ! I may not do napkin stats for teams in the 40-71 range of the rankings BUT I have gotten to see many of those teams already ... livestream helps with getting to the West side of Rt 23 for sure ! having seen Eastern Brown a couple times already, Peebles a couple of games, West Unionx2, Whiteoak a couple of times, want to see Lynchburg, Fairfield, NA going forward as well ... the D4 schools in Scioto County - New Boston 6 games/ND/Green/Clay/Valley 3-4 games ... more games watched, teams multiple times ... as we go into the New YearI will focus more on the upper 40 teams for sure but THAT is an advantage to livestream 4-5 games I can watch every T, F, Sat ... some schools who do youtube the games are archived so I can watch some teams on a different day as well ... THAT is a plus ... more teams, more players all good ... having the rosters is a must !!! I can't recognize players or do the game stats without at least having the names and #'s ... Trimble takes on Piketon tomorrow night and I don't have Trimble's roster - can't go down to the scorers table and take a pic of the book before the game starts to get them either LOL ... as far as getting to games - us as educators are in line to get the covid vaccine in the next couple of weeks - I've put the ball in my oncologists court as to whether I can take the vaccine and which one based on how they might interact with the cancer treatments I have taken ... so hopefully I CAN take the vaccine for a little more defense against the virus ... which in my mind I can then ask some of the folks I've gotten to know throughout the years from the different schools to let me in on press passes ... I know you pointed out that Mr. Howard would help me out at Jackson - he's been good to pfloyd in the past! FH Ad has contacted me, Warren, Fairland, Chesapeake folks, NB, the U etc. it's doable for sure and as I said when the season gets in full swing and there are some BIG matchups in late January/early Feb I will get out to some games in person - especially in the post season if possible ... mattash I'm thinking can pull together Sectional/District press passes - we'll see how it works out ... I miss talking to people about the games ! touching bases with the coaches, the folks from all of the schools I have gotten to know over the years, the radio guys ! - Athens guys/Dan Morrow for Jackson radio/ Matt Payton for Portsmouth's radio etc. ... lots of seops folks out there I enjoy chatting with and running into ! parents of players - players ... scorekeepers/PA guys - Lou at Alexander ! ... anyway inperson IS the best ... livestream keeps me from going insane LOL

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:36 pm

I would much rather be in the Cheap Seats - on livestream I can't get a real feel for size of players or the speed of players ... I watched Fairland yesterday - I KNOW that Buckeye Valley had a size advantage across the board but that doesn't show on the video as well as in person imo ... on the livestream we are at the mercy of the camera - some videographers are better than others, some livestream are cellphone videos others are really good with good angles and the action is followed like the folks know what they are doing ... I watched one the night (for about 1 minute) where they were using what looked like a fisheye lens so they could set up the camera at midcourt and not have to follow the action at either end ... horrible! as the court looked like it was at the old Shade Elem. school ... players taking 2 steps and they were at the other end LOL ... obviously any chance of doing napkin stats wasn't going to happen as you can see/read numbers on jerseys ... BUT with that said ANY effort to show the games is appreciated !!! I don't know what I would do NOT being able to watch teams play - and as you pointed out I GET TO A LOT MORE TEAMS ! I may not do napkin stats for teams in the 40-71 range of the rankings BUT I have gotten to see many of those teams already ... livestream helps with getting to the West side of Rt 23 for sure ! having seen Eastern Brown a couple times already, Peebles a couple of games, West Unionx2, Whiteoak a couple of times, want to see Lynchburg, Fairfield, NA going forward as well ... the D4 schools in Scioto County - New Boston 6 games/ND/Green/Clay/Valley 3-4 games ... more games watched, teams multiple times ... as we go into the New YearI will focus more on the upper 40 teams for sure but THAT is an advantage to livestream 4-5 games I can watch every T, F, Sat ... some schools who do youtube the games are archived so I can watch some teams on a different day as well ... THAT is a plus ... more teams, more players all good ... having the rosters is a must !!! I can't recognize players or do the game stats without at least having the names and #'s ... Trimble takes on Piketon tomorrow night and I don't have Trimble's roster - can't go down to the scorers table and take a pic of the book before the game starts to get them either LOL ... as far as getting to games - us as educators are in line to get the covid vaccine in the next couple of weeks - I've put the ball in my oncologists court as to whether I can take the vaccine and which one based on how they might interact with the cancer treatments I have taken ... so hopefully I CAN take the vaccine for a little more defense against the virus ... which in my mind I can then ask some of the folks I've gotten to know throughout the years from the different schools to let me in on press passes ... I know you pointed out that Mr. Howard would help me out at Jackson - he's been good to pfloyd in the past! FH Ad has contacted me, Warren, Fairland, Chesapeake folks, NB, the U etc. it's doable for sure and as I said when the season gets in full swing and there are some BIG matchups in late January/early Feb I will get out to some games in person - especially in the post season if possible ... mattash I'm thinking can pull together Sectional/District press passes - we'll see how it works out ... I miss talking to people about the games ! touching bases with the coaches, the folks from all of the schools I have gotten to know over the years, the radio guys ! - Athens guys/Dan Morrow for Jackson radio/ Matt Payton for Portsmouth's radio etc. ... lots of seops folks out there I enjoy chatting with and running into ! parents of players - players ... scorekeepers/PA guys - Lou at Alexander ! ... anyway inperson IS the best ... livestream keeps me from going insane LOL
Well said. I like that you get to see teams many more than 1 time. Teams always have those 1 or 2 games where it’s just not meant to be their night....and if that is the one you attended it’s hard to ignore what you watched. You get less from the video but you watching Eastern Brown 6x this season gives you a better representation than watching them get torched at a Holiday Tournament.

So far every livestream I’ve watched has been infinitely better than the Amazon Prime stream of the NFL game the other night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:03 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Well said. I like that you get to see teams many more than 1 time. Teams always have those 1 or 2 games where it’s just not meant to be their night....and if that is the one you attended it’s hard to ignore what you watched. You get less from the video but you watching Eastern Brown 6x this season gives you a better representation than watching them get torched at a Holiday Tournament.

So far every livestream I’ve watched has been infinitely better than the Amazon Prime stream of the NFL game the other night.
... the more times I can see a team the better for sure - inperson my goal was to catch the top 20 teams at the beginning, middle, end of the season NOW I can literally watch a team 10+ times during the season vs different opponents up and down the rankings ... comparisons of the top teams vs the opponents is there to be had as well ... lots of benefits in the livestream BUT I'm a people person - I GET A LOT of input from people I chat with at the games - they have a different perspective or have seen a team I haven't etc. I "listen" to the folks I respect/ that know of which they speak - yourself, daniC, LucasDavenport, 93bulldog, Hoopie74, trojandave among many many others on seops who DO KNOW OF WHICH THEY SPEAK - I like that give and take "inperson" ...

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is South Gallia still streaming while on Christmas break?

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Any live feed from Alexander today

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Jackson at North Adams,Is it going to be live streamed?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is Clay streaming their games?

Return to “Boys Basketball”