Fed Hock shut down until after Christmas

JC2124
Varsity

Fed Hock shut down until after Christmas

Post by JC2124 »

Shut down due to contact tracing. Played against a team that had a positive case. We miss 5 games in that span.....covid sucks!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fed Hock shut down until after Christmas

Post by danicalifornia »

I know of a situation where a team got shut down because one of their coaches tested positive. Then, found out that the coach had symptoms for a day and decided to get tested. Went to coach while waiting for results since they were feeling better and that’s why they all got quarantined through contact tracing.

If you are sick for a day or two...don’t get tested! They won’t do anything for you unless you are incredibly sick, so just stay home and away from everybody until you feel better. If it lasts longer, then consider getting checked out, but they still won’t do anything for you.

That’s why this is going shut down teams, just because of folks getting tested when they don’t need to.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

JC2124 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:09 am Shut down due to contact tracing. Played against a team that had a positive case. We miss 5 games in that span.....covid sucks!
Who told them they can't play? If it's the health director they should just do what mlittle and danicalifornia would do and tell the health department to get f'd. If those guys were running the school they would do "what's best for kids" instead of "what's best for the school" and play the games. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

koondoger wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:00 am
JC2124 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:09 am Shut down due to contact tracing. Played against a team that had a positive case. We miss 5 games in that span.....covid sucks!
Who told them they can't play? If it's the health director they should just do what mlittle and danicalifornia would do and tell the health department to get f'd. If those guys were running the school they would do "what's best for kids" instead of "what's best for the school" and play the games. :mrgreen:
😂 I can’t believe I’m going to be baited by the guy who can’t spell in his signature.

It’s best for kids to stay in school and play if they are perfectly healthy, but when you look at things in a case by case basis, this is one where you need to quarantine.

Why were the player and official there if they were showing symptoms? That’s where you use common sense and look out for other people and not be selfish.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:08 am
😂 I can’t believe I’m going to be baited by the guy who can’t spell in his signature.

It’s best for kids to stay in school and play if they are perfectly healthy, but when you look at things in a case by case basis, this is one where you need to quarantine.

Why were the player and official there if they were showing symptoms? That’s where you use common sense and look out for other people and not be selfish.
So on the other thread you agree with your buddy but on this one you contradict your buddy and agree with me? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

koondoger wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:14 am
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:08 am

So on the other thread you agree with your buddy but on this one you contradict your buddy and agree with me? :mrgreen:
It’s literally a case by case basis for me, but I agree with mlittle that some schools are just doing it to save face.

For instance, Chillicothe shutting down sports, but still practicing and staying in school is ridiculous to me, especially with the rest of the county maintaining extracurriculars and staying in session. Huntington in Ross County just went virtual due to lack of teachers, I don’t think anyone thinks that is a bad idea and if they do, then they are wrong.

Return to “Boys Basketball”