3. Wheelersburg
4. Fairland
5. Sheridan
6. Jackson
7. Warren
8. Fairfield Union
9. Adena
10. Eastern Brown

Moving up: #26 McClain, #28 Alexander, #30 Zane Trace, #34 South Webster, #36 Whiteoak,

Moving down: #29 Miami Trace, #51 Lynchburg Clay (I think both significant quarantine issues)

Random Thoughts:

Class of 2022 in the SE District is strong 💪

Officiating has been good this season.

Wondering how New Boston got their name?

The schools with the best free livestreams should get to host the district games.

Chillicothe remains undefeated on the season.

This is the biggest game for the Browns since 2002

Pfloyd should be allowed in every gym 1x this season

Europe was the most underrated Hair Band

Thank You to all the health care workers

Good Luck this week to the Southern Tornadoes, Rock Hill Redmen and Western Indians

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: I 92’s Rankings and Random Thoughts...Week 3

Post by Ukfanatic »

Finally! Waverly above Wheelersburg!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dude, Europe sucked.

Cinderella most underrated big hair of all time.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

It is only a three game sample size, but Eastern Brown has had an amazing start to the season. They have averaged about a 20 point margin of victory. A combination of great shooting, team speed, withering defense, bench contribution, team chemistry, and great coaching makes them scary. This is a Rob Beucler dream team. If he only had a 6-9 true center....lol. They play SHAC rival Peebles on Friday, which will be a great test. Peebles goes tall, 6'4,6'4, 6'3, 6'3. Coach Arey is a proven good coach, with many big wins. This will be a good one to watch on live stream if you get a chance! Europe and Cinderella both awesome, but as a guitar player myself, Extreme and Winger are very underrated😀

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:42 am Finally! Waverly above Wheelersburg!
Next week: Waverly #57, Burg #58

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WonderNova wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:33 am It is only a three game sample size, but Eastern Brown has had an amazing start to the season. They have averaged about a 20 point margin of victory. A combination of great shooting, team speed, withering defense, bench contribution, team chemistry, and great coaching makes them scary. This is a Rob Beucler dream team. If he only had a 6-9 true center....lol. They play SHAC rival Peebles on Friday, which will be a great test. Peebles goes tall, 6'4,6'4, 6'3, 6'3. Coach Arey is a proven good coach, with many big wins. This will be a good one to watch on live stream if you get a chance! Europe and Cinderella both awesome, but as a guitar player myself, Extreme and Winger are very underrated😀
We’ll be watching EB closely. I have them where it’ll be hard to move up! You have a schedule by chance?

Winger and Extreme both great vocals out front...Europe beat them to the game.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

I would post a schedule but that would be a fruitless exercise right now. I know Eastern's Tuesday 12/15 game with Fayetteville has been postponed. Fayetteville's 7th, JV, and varsity are quarantined. I know Friday 12/18 vs. Peebles is a go and will be streamed. I will try to get an updated schedule to you. I know they play at Chillicothe on Feb.9. Should be interesting.

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

Thanks for the shoutout and vibes...we like this Guy!!

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Schools that charge for livestreams shouldn't be ranked 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RHRedmenLive wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:10 pm Thanks for the shoutout and vibes...we like this Guy!!
Some teams in this district get forgotten about on here. Coaches and kids are working hard everywhere. I don’t know much about Rock Hill (or the others I give my good luck wishes to) but I assume everyone is working hard in this ridiculous times. If I coached at Rock Hill and the players weren’t doing the things I really harped on...they’d be running that insane hill lol....which seems to benefit their excellent XC program.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BBALL99 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:05 pm Schools that charge for livestreams shouldn't be ranked 😂
I like but also I can’t fault the kids and coaches for this.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Also...I don’t know/believe that Waverly/Burg are better than Fairland (my money would be on Fairland) but it’s early and everything is more important because not much has been tallied yet. Wins matter and losses matter. I moved up ZT after their loss to Fairland. Very few teams do we really know. I think the top 12-13 teams is pretty easy. Teams 14 through about 25 seem pretty interchangeable and same with teams 35-50. We need more of a sample size.

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

From RHHS AD Barry Litteral:

All high school boys basketball games including Freshman, JV and varsity games for the next 2 weeks will be postponed.
Games being postponed to later dates:
JV & Varsity games being postponed:
12/15 at Coal Grove
12/18 at Portsmouth
12/19 vs Oak Hill
12/22 at Symmes Valley
12/23 vs Southeastern

Freshmen games being postponed:
12/16 vs South Point
12/21 at Gallia

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RHRedmenLive wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:40 pm From RHHS AD Barry Litteral:

All high school boys basketball games including Freshman, JV and varsity games for the next 2 weeks will be postponed.
Games being postponed to later dates:
JV & Varsity games being postponed:
12/15 at Coal Grove
12/18 at Portsmouth
12/19 vs Oak Hill
12/22 at Symmes Valley
12/23 vs Southeastern

Freshmen games being postponed:
12/16 vs South Point
12/21 at Gallia
A lot of December games in just over a week

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

WonderNova wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:33 am It is only a three game sample size, but Eastern Brown has had an amazing start to the season. They have averaged about a 20 point margin of victory. A combination of great shooting, team speed, withering defense, bench contribution, team chemistry, and great coaching makes them scary. This is a Rob Beucler dream team. If he only had a 6-9 true center....lol. They play SHAC rival Peebles on Friday, which will be a great test. Peebles goes tall, 6'4,6'4, 6'3, 6'3. Coach Arey is a proven good coach, with many big wins. This will be a good one to watch on live stream if you get a chance! Europe and Cinderella both awesome, but as a guitar player myself, Extreme and Winger are very underrated😀
As someone who covers the entire state, the duo of Colton Vaughn and Trent Hundley is one of the best small-school duos in the state. After watching Hundley this summer at a couple invite only events, he really shined and I'm expecting a big year out of him. Relatively unfamiliar with what else Eastern Brown has besides those two but that's a great starting point to be a good team in seo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

RothGGProducer wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:39 pm
As someone who covers the entire state, the duo of Colton Vaughn and Trent Hundley is one of the best small-school duos in the state. After watching Hundley this summer at a couple invite only events, he really shined and I'm expecting a big year out of him. Relatively unfamiliar with what else Eastern Brown has besides those two but that's a great starting point to be a good team in seo.
... looking forward to seeing this game between EB and Peebles Friday night ! Coaches Beucler vs Arey 2 of the best in not only SEO but Ohio , 2 great programs and hoops tradition in the SHAC ... they get the big screen and game recap come Friday night !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:23 pm
... looking forward to seeing this game between EB and Peebles Friday night ! Coaches Beucler vs Arey 2 of the best in not only SEO but Ohio , 2 great programs and hoops tradition in the SHAC ... they get the big screen and game recap come Friday night !
I’ll be surprised if it’s super close for real long. Coach Arey will know what it takes for his guys to compete but not sure they have enough to play with EB for 4 quarters.

EB 65
Peebles 53

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:39 pm

I’ll be surprised if it’s super close for real long. Coach Arey will know what it takes for his guys to compete but not sure they have enough to play with EB for 4 quarters.

EB 65
Peebles 53
... I watched the Peebles vs Western Pike game, really want to see EB for the first time this season ... should be a good one - Peebles still looking to replace the floor leadership/scoring of Ruckel and Browning ... a work in progress are the Indians - want to see what Coach Arey changed from the opening game vs Western to Friday night to get the bigs involved down low ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:51 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:39 pm

EB 65
Peebles 53
... I watched the Peebles vs Western Pike game, really want to see EB for the first time this season ... should be a good one - Peebles still looking to replace the floor leadership/scoring of Ruckel and Browning ... a work in progress are the Indians - want to see what Coach Arey changed from the opening game vs Western to Friday night to get the bigs involved down low ...
Beucler a decent coach as well lol...maybe pushing near 400 wins? 350?

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

Peebles Lineup is one of the biggest in years. The 2 boys that play 4 and 5 barely touched the ball all night. Finally in the 4th they got the ball to Wesley, #50 I believe. I don't see them as a run and gun team this year. The Indians have a couple of nice shooters in Mills and Burba but they need to get an inside outside game going to succeed.
With all of that said, I hate to see them play EB after only playing one game this season. I feel they will be a better team after several games and finding their new rythym.

Return to “Boys Basketball”