Let's take a moment ... the HC's in SEO ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Let's take a moment ... the HC's in SEO ...

Post by pfloyd »

Wow ... Coach Joe B Stewart picked up win #350 with McClain's win over Lynchburg Clay last night ...many milestones being crossed this season that bring light to the quality of coaching we have in Southern/Southeast Ohio ... Coach Beucler for Eastern Brown picked up win #399 vs Zane Trace (que up Coach Kellough of ZT who picked up win #500 this season) ... We have Coach Norm Persin (Lucasville Valley) who continues to add to his #769 wins! I HOPE ALL OF US take the time to realize how fortunate WE are to have/have had our sons/daughters coached/taught by excellence, that WE have seen excellence courtside over the years ... a poster dressed me down for mentioning "some" coaches more than others in my posts - I at the time in my response "apologized" for inadvertently slighting other coaches ... I don't regret putting the coaches who have shown excellence courtside over years and years of commitment to coaching/teaching the game WITH success ... just think of the numbers ! #769, #500, #350 - THAT'S ONLY 3 men ! THAT takes not only commitment but sacrifice of TIME - time with family, friends to coach/teach our young men/women ... when I look around Southern/Southeast Ohio at the "who" we have entrusted with our young people to teach the game of basketball , AND to teach them about leadership/teamwork/life I smile ... Dough Stiverson (Logan Elm), Blane Maddox (Warren), Coach Speed (Fairland), Coach Robertson (Waverly), Coach Fisher (Sheridan), Coach Eversole (Fairfield Union), Coach Hoops (Unioto) , Coach Davis (Chesapeake), Coach Morrow (Jackson), Coach Arey (Peebles), Coach Carson (Lynchburg), Coach Howie Caldwell (Trimble), Coach Huffer (Chillicothe), Coach Cozart (Athens), Coach Skinner (Alexander), Coach Combs (Vinton County), Coach Pj Fitch (Ironton), Coach Collins (Portsmouth), Coach Carpenter (Circleville), Coach Vanderhoof (Coal Grove), Coach Simms (Waterford), Coach Cox (New Boston), Coach Uhrig (past Huntington HC), Coach Thompson (FH) - all go with Coaches Persin, Stewart, Kellough etc.... the win total among these coaches/teachers of the game is staggering ... the MEN they have all turned out of their programs even MORE impressive ... there are many more coaches I didn't name - I don't know everyone BUT YOU DO !!! - add to the list ... give the men who are making a difference the credit they deserve and have earned ...

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Let's take a moment ... the HC's in SEO ...

Post by mlittle »

Tons of great coaching in our area for sure and behind a lot of those are some great assistant coaches too

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:55 pm Tons of great coaching in our area for sure and behind a lot of those are some great assistant coaches too
... I was ready to put just THAT thought in the post as well - outstanding assistants out there for sure ! many of which could be HC's and many who WILL BE HCs ... and when I think of the PROGRAMS in SEO the coaches up through the systems of these schools Logan Elm, Warren, Unioto, Fairland , Chesapeake, Peebles, Vinton County, FU, Jackson, Sheridan, North Adams to name but a few that have layers of outstanding coaching through the ranks ... great point mlittle !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Coach Ryan Barnett of Whiteoak
Coach David Kight of Eastern Meigs
Coach Heath McKinniss of Oak Hill
Coach Robert Fouty of Wellston
Coach Rob Pittser of Miami Trace

Barnett was a big player for Whiteoak at the turn of the century...guided Whiteoak to their first regional appearance in 2000. Barnett is in his 2nd season.

Kight, a 1994 Jackson grad has also coached at Western Pike and I think a stint at Meigs. Brother to assistant coach N.j. Kight at Vinton County. Dad Bob longtime AD at Jackson and 1 year as head basketball coach.

McKinniss a grad of Gallia Academy in the mid 90’s also was head coach at Jackson for a few years before assisting at Rio Grande and assisting Norm at Oak Hill. Heath is in his first year as OH head coach.

Fouty a Wellston grad was the JV coach for several years. He is in his first year as head coach.

Pittser has been at Miami Trace a while and coached them to the District Finals in 2017

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Coach Beard for ZT

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Although not nearly as accomplished as the intimidating list of great coaches pfloyd and others appropriately recognize, I figured that I would give a shoutout to Sean Bartley at Miller. He's pulled double duty as both the head football coach and head boys coach for about 4-5 years now. There's really not a whole lot he has to work with, but I've seen his teams do what they can. Thinking of him especially now this year: Miller is a new league, one that is probably at the top more brutal than the Hocking (no disrespect intended to FH and Trimble fans) and it's going to be tough sledding this year and next year for them.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Good stuff ... as I've posted I know many but definitely not all of the coaches Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... some great coaches both young and "seasoned" ... and the coaches have no reason to know ME LOL - I'm a "no one" - just a fan of hs hoops ...but as I've said many many times - I can appreciate all that these men do ... it is greatly appreciated and so many times going under the radar - what these men do for their schools and communities ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd, if the public knew what some of these coaches due off the court they might appreciate them more than they do.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:51 pm Pfloyd, if the public knew what some of these coaches due off the court they might appreciate them more than they do.
I totally agree peake71 ... there are some special folks in the coaching ranks ...

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:11 pm Coach Ryan Barnett of Whiteoakg

Barnett was a big player for Whiteoak at the turn of the century...guided Whiteoak to their first regional appearance in 2000. Barnett is in his 2nd season.

Kight, a 1994 Jackson grad has also coached at Western Pike and I think a stint at Meigs. Brother to assistant coach N.j. Kight at Vinton County. Dad Bob longtime AD at Jackson and 1 year as head basketball coach.

McKinniss a grad of Gallia Academy in the mid 90’s also was head coach at Jackson for a few years before assisting at Rio Grande and assisting Norm at Oak Hill. Heath is in his first year as OH head coach.

Fouty a Wellston grad was the JV coach for several years. He is in his first year as head coach.

Pittser has been at Miami Trace a while and coached them to the District Finals in 2017
And what were these folks records. Funny you mention 5 coaches, one teaches at a school you know real well and 2 are from your school. Bias much?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:05 pm

And what were these folks records. Funny you mention 5 coaches, one teaches at a school you know real well and 2 are from your school. Bias much?
I’m simply listing coaches Pfloyd didn’t. Am I misunderstanding the thread? If I am I apologize. How about you effing contribute something of worth?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:09 pm

I’m simply listing coaches Pfloyd didn’t. Am I misunderstanding the thread? If I am I apologize. How about you effing contribute something of worth?
LOL, maybe I should start my own ranking system like Pfloyd and I could be like you, a wannabe. PFloyd does tons of work and it shows, I’ll be like you.

Jackson
Whiteoak
Eastern Beaver
Oak Hill
Waverly

Am I close?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:12 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:09 pm

LOL, maybe I should start my own ranking system like Pfloyd and I could be like you, a wannabe. PFloyd does tons of work and it shows, I’ll be like you.

Jackson
Whiteoak
Eastern Beaver
Oak Hill
Waverly

Am I close?
What aren’t you understanding? Go ahead.

Pfloyd listed about 25-30 coaches and I know of 5 coaches that he didn’t name. That is IT...nothing more, nothing less. Recalibrate your radar as to when posts might bother you because you went and continue to go the wrong way on this one. I’m wrong all the time snd will admit it....if I misunderstood the OP then I’ll edit and list my top coaches but seems obvious....(to everyone but you)...you though have never admitted wrong. You contribute nothing but come on here and blast something that you read wrong.

Since you called me out because you apparently want to be mad.

Best coaches in the SE District IMO

1. Blaine Maddox
2. Doug Stiverson
3. Speed
4. Pierson
5. Beucler

HM Trent Arey, Eversole and Matt Combs

thebarlowbandit
All State

So outside of PFloyds ratings where do those rank? 5-9? 40-45?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Barlow is very angry tonight. Guessin he’s had 1 too many eggnogs

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:28 pm So outside of PFloyds ratings where do those rank? 5-9? 40-45?
You are a better troll than you used to be.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Persin is currently working his magic at Lucasville. I believe he is quickly making a difference there .JS.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Howie Caldwell not even HM?

Dang. Tough crowd. lol

He is comfortably in my top 5.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm Persin is currently working his magic at Lucasville. I believe he is quickly making a difference there .JS.
That’s exactly what they said last night at West.

thebarlowbandit
All State

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:49 pm Howie Caldwell not even HM?

Dang. Tough crowd. lol

He is comfortably in my top 5.
Yep, but David Kight and anyone else who’s ever come from Jackson gets an I92 Award. 😳🤡🤦🏼‍♂️

Return to “Boys Basketball”