Manchester (0-4)
Washington CH (0-1)
Miller (0-5)
Portsmouth East (0-4)

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

Post by mlittle »

Pfloyd finally coming to his senses and getting the U back in the elite 8 where they belong. Yip yip

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Can’t really argue much for the SVC schools as I think you’ve got them pretty well ranked. I still think Southeastern will keep getting better as they’ve only had their full compliment of players once in their 5 games.

Adena and Piketon will only get better as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4 vs 5 on Tuesday!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fed Hock, New Boston, Trimble, Peebles in a serious dog fight for the No. 1 seed. Never has it been so important.

Warren is still 1 in my book ... and it was a great NYE party! Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am Pfloyd finally coming to his senses and getting the U back in the elite 8 where they belong. Yip yip
... nope - has nothing to do with ME, the U is NOT the same team NOW that they were starting the season ... Galloway has emerged as what he can be/IS - an offensive threat - he in the first few games was tentative offensively ... NOW he IS "the man in the middle on the blocks, the man from 12-15 ft for the mid range jumper at the elbow, the man who can hit the 3 ball from college range or better, and the man who can take you off the dribble/get to the rim or the pull up jumper" which means you better get out on him no matter where he is on the floor ... defense travels and Unioto plays D, Unioto is NOW deeper than they were in their early games - not just deeper by numbers (they always had the numbers of players they were going to run at you) but by numbers which can /do contribute to beating you either defensively or offensively (last night the BIGGEST shot of the game was Park's 3 ball in the final 2-3 minutes of the 4th quarter - not sure he takes that shot in games 1-3) ... I've watched all of the U's livestreamed games ... the U has developed into a an Elite 8 TEAM ... the enigma being the loss to Miami Trace - the U would be above Jackson and higher without THAT loss to a 1-4 MT team ... on a side note the U needs to get home uni's where we can see the numbers on the live stream LOL - just saying - pass that along - or maybe trace the numbers with a black sharpie ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:22 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am Pfloyd finally coming to his senses and getting the U back in the elite 8 where they belong. Yip yip
... nope - has nothing to do with ME, the U is NOT the same team NOW that they were starting the season ... Galloway has emerged as what he can be/IS - an offensive threat - he in the first few games was tentative offensively ... NOW he IS "the man in the middle on the blocks, the man from 12-15 ft for the mid range jumper at the elbow, the man who can hit the 3 ball from college range or better, and the man who can take you off the dribble/get to the rim or the pull up jumper" which means you better get out on him no matter where he is on the floor ... defense travels and Unioto plays D, Unioto is NOW deeper than they were in their early games - not just deeper by numbers (they always had the numbers of players they were going to run at you) but by numbers which can /do contribute to beating you either defensively or offensively (last night the BIGGEST shot of the game was Park's 3 ball in the final 2-3 minutes of the 4th quarter - not sure he takes that shot in games 1-3) ... I've watched all of the U's livestreamed games ... the U has developed into a an Elite 8 TEAM ... the enigma being the loss to Miami Trace - the U would be above Jackson and higher without THAT loss to a 1-4 MT team ... on a side note the U needs to get home uni's where we can see the numbers on the live stream LOL - just saying - pass that along - or maybe trace the numbers with a black sharpie ...
Yea I’m not sure I’ll ever get over that MT loss. I also heard their best player quit the following game so they prolly won’t win many more. That’s gonna follow us around for the entire season. All we can really do now is keep moving forward and playing 1 at a time. Every league game for us at this point is for a league title and that’s the mind set we will have to play with. I agree tho we are definitely growing up and I’ve always been excited about the prospect of what this team can accomplish with that continued growth. Galloway needs to just play within himself and do his job and the game will come to him. He’s getting better every game. And we were without a starter in Greenwalt last night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don’t feel there is a 16 spot difference between South Webster and Whiteoak...I think they are close. Coal Grove and Belpre too close IMO.

Fairfield and Peebles a bit high I think but we will find out shortly! Games are being played and nearly everyone is back!

Great list Pfloyd...again!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:45 pm
Yea I’m not sure I’ll ever get over that MT loss. I also heard their best player quit the following game so they prolly won’t win many more. That’s gonna follow us around for the entire season. All we can really do now is keep moving forward and playing 1 at a time. Every league game for us at this point is for a league title and that’s the mind set we will have to play with. I agree tho we are definitely growing up and I’ve always been excited about the prospect of what this team can accomplish with that continued growth. Galloway needs to just play within himself and do his job and the game will come to him. He’s getting better every game. And we were without a starter in Greenwalt last night.
Rogers quit?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I thought Greenwalt was missing BUT I couldn't read the numbers LOL ... I was watching the Fed Hock vs Alexander game at the same time as well LOL ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I believe this is the last year for those uniforms lol I think the state passed a rule on changing the coloring of the numbers like a month after we got those

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 pm Can’t really argue much for the SVC schools as I think you’ve got them pretty well ranked. I still think Southeastern will keep getting better as they’ve only had their full compliment of players once in their 5 games.

Adena and Piketon will only get better as well.
Piketon is a tough one to rank, they obviously have some quality players - Chandler/Fuller leading the way for sure ... watched them rain threes on Trimble (16/29 from downtown) with the duo of Chandler/Fuller hitting 12 of those ... but not sure how the Red Streaks do when they take on a Unioto/Adena who matchup size wise, who play the in your face D or vs the U who will run 10 deep with size & speed ... we'll see how it plays out on the courts around SEO in the next month and a half !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:12 pm I believe this is the last year for those uniforms lol I think the state passed a rule on changing the coloring of the numbers like a month after we got those
... I can buy the black Sharpies if that's an issue LOL ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:50 pm

Rogers quit?
Yea. I heard he walked off the court in the middle of the next game and hasn’t been back. Not sure the name. Their big big kid. The taller one that is a bit of a wider body kid

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:23 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:12 pm I believe this is the last year for those uniforms lol I think the state passed a rule on changing the coloring of the numbers like a month after we got those
If you’ve really watched all our live stream games you should pretty much know the kids by now anyway. Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:49 pm I don’t feel there is a 16 spot difference between South Webster and Whiteoak...I think they are close. Coal Grove and Belpre too close IMO.

Fairfield and Peebles a bit high I think but we will find out shortly! Games are being played and nearly everyone is back!

Great list Pfloyd...again!
... Peebles IS about right IF they find their identity - only 2 games played, the haven't figured it out yet ... imo they have the horses in Mills/Burba/Wesley to give teams fits on the INSIDE - what I've seen is a lot of perimeter play from both Burba & Mills not enough getting the ball inside where they have the advantage on most teams they will play ... they have to establish themselves inside then take it outside imo but what do I know I'm not even in the gyms where they are playing LOL ... not sure they have the personnel to run up and own the court like last year - the finishers in Ruckel and Browning aren't there this season - they may have to be a more 1/2 court oriented ball club ... I'm sticking with them until they prove me wrong on the court ... need to get more games under their belts to figure themselves out as a team - they will beat the lesser talented teams no matter how they attack BUT you play the Eastern Browns/North Adams type of teams you better have an established identity as to "this is us, these are our strengths - you'll have to stop us to beat us" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:27 pm
If you’ve really watched all our live stream games you should pretty much know the kids by now anyway. Lol
... I do ! but the Debords still look similar on the live streams LOL and as a napkin stat guy we always look at numbers not faces ... the numbers like 2,3,5 all look the same on some of these jerseys on the live streams ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:27 pm

... I do ! but the Debords still look similar on the live streams LOL and as a napkin stat guy we always look at numbers not faces ... the numbers like 2,3,5 all look the same on some of these jerseys on the live streams ...
Yea I get it. When I watch film I can’t tell my own kid and greenwalt apart. Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Rogers quit?
Yea. I heard he walked off the court in the middle of the next game and hasn’t been back. Not sure the name. Their big big kid. The taller one that is a bit of a wider body kid
Sounds like Guthrie..he’s the 6’8 kid that killed you guys. Rogers was district HM last year....he’s only 6’7 medium build

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:05 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Rogers quit?
Sounds like Guthrie..he’s the 6’8 kid that killed you guys. Rogers was district HM last year....he’s only 6’7 medium build
Yep. Guthrie that’s it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”