SHAC/OVC Challenge

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

SHAC/OVC Challenge

Post by Norman Knight »

It appears we have several games between the two conferences tonight. I believe all of these games will be taking place tonight. If so, what a coincidence that they all play on the same night considering the distance between most of the schools.

Eastern Brown @ Fairland
North Adams @ South Point
Peebles @ Coal Grove
Portsmouth @ West Union

What are your thoughts on these matchups? Does the OVC go 4-0? Big implications for pfloyd's and I92's rankings.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: SHAC/OVC Challenge

Post by pfloyd »

Norman Knight wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:29 am It appears we have several games between the two conferences tonight. I believe all of these games will be taking place tonight. If so, what a coincidence that they all play on the same night considering the distance between most of the schools.

Eastern Brown @ Fairland
Peebles @ Coal Grove
Portsmouth @ West Union

What are your thoughts on these matchups? Does the OVC go 4-0? Big implications for pfloyd's and I92's rankings.
Some great matchups - pretty evenly matched teams (on paper anyway) ... I didn't see what the matchups were for the Beasts of the Southeast that was cancelled due the pandemic - are these some of THOSE games scheduled for the Beasts of the Southeast - teams just decided to go ahead an play with the only decision being between the schools as to who was going to make the trip? doesn't matter - great matchups !

In the Fairland vs EB game ... both are Elite 8 and will remain Elite 8 no matter the outcome but you have a Fairland TEAM who finally looked like the TEAM that ended their season last year at the Convo with the regional W vs Ridgewood 68-58 ... the Dragons have not lost a game to a SE district team in the last 2 seasons ... Eastern Brown is playing arguably the best basketball of any team in the SE District - and for the entire 2020-21 season so far ... looking forward to seeing this one livestreamed - hopefully the stream is good enough to do napkin stats on the game ...

NA @ South Point ... does So Point have everyone back on the court ? I watched the Pointers beat New Boston handily but then look at the score of Portsmouth's thrashing of SP in their opener ... South Point beat a good Ironton team (shorthanded I'town team)... North Adams ran up some big numbers vs Eastern Pike/W. Union twice (as they should have vs those teams) but have beaten Zane Trace/taken Jackson to the buzzer - Coach Copas's Green Dragons are the real deal ...

Peebles @ Coal Grove ... Peebles coming off of much needed win last night vs Ripley - if for nothing else but to build confidence in the players who NEED to step up inside and outside for the Indians - Mills, Burba ... the trail to find themselves as a team continues for Peebles ... Coal Grove is a young team that Coach Vanderhoof is building into a TEAM ... a tough overtime loss to South Point last night ... have to see how the youngin's for CG handle that one ... may not be a BIG game on paper BUT for BOTH of these teams trying to become TEAMS it is huge ...

Portsmouth @ West Union ... the Trojans should be able to pick the winning margin in this one but it's on the road ... West Union has played some of the big boy teams in SEO already this season - let's see how that stacks up in this one vs the Trojans ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Norman Knight wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:29 am It appears we have several games between the two conferences tonight. I believe all of these games will be taking place tonight. If so, what a coincidence that they all play on the same night considering the distance between most of the schools.

Eastern Brown @ Fairland
Peebles @ Coal Grove
Portsmouth @ West Union

EB at Fairland could be great...long trip after a league game the night before. I’ll side with Fairland. North Adams snd SP are close....but same thing, on road day after a league game. I’ll take SP

Peebles played better but also...see above...though Coal Grove lost a heartbreaker and that can weigh on you some. CG and SP used their legs a good bit and could be a factor

Portsmouth isn’t losing at West Union...West Union is struggling this year.

Fairland 59
Eastern Brown 53

South Point 57
North Adams 55

Coal Grove 66
Peebles 55

Portsmouth 71
West Union 52

I could be wrong on the first 3....I’ll be shocked if Portsmouth loses. Saturday games are often unpredictable.

Eastern and Fairland...both are great and I don’t need to see the outcome to know. SP/NA snd CG/Peebles will really help with my rankings

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

The Eastern Brown vs. Fairland game will be amazing. I don't want to have my facts wrong, but I believe this was scheduled very quickly. Eastern was supposed to be Playing Chillicothe, but because of quarantine issues, and needing the date to make up league games, it was canceled. I literally just found out about this game last night at 10 pm. What a potential classic!

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Can any Fairland crew confirm this game will be streamed? It isnt appearing on any schedules, im guessing necause of the quick scheduling.

joshwheeler
Waterboy

Post by joshwheeler »

Coal Grove game is streaming at Facebook.com/coalgrovelive or on YouTube.com/coalgrovelive

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:28 pm

Eastern Brown @ Fairland
Peebles @ Coal Grove
Portsmouth @ West Union

EB at Fairland could be great...long trip after a league game the night before. I’ll side with Fairland. North Adams snd SP are close....but same thing, on road day after a league game. I’ll take SP

Peebles played better but also...see above...though Coal Grove lost a heartbreaker and that can weigh on you some. CG and SP used their legs a good bit and could be a factor

Portsmouth isn’t losing at West Union...West Union is struggling this year.

Fairland 59
Eastern Brown 53

South Point 57
North Adams 55

Coal Grove 66
Peebles 55

Portsmouth 71
West Union 52

I could be wrong on the first 3....I’ll be shocked if Portsmouth loses. Saturday games are often unpredictable.

Eastern and Fairland...both are great and I don’t need to see the outcome to know. SP/NA snd CG/Peebles will really help with my rankings
I’ve been worse

Return to “Boys Basketball”