SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by Hoopie74 »

I would flip Peebles and Portsmouth.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I like it. We’ll see how things transpire in the coming weeks.

I think Fairfield is too high. South Webster had a tough weekend but also from 30-40 seems so flip-floppable (you can use that if you want lol)

I would bet good money Washington would beat the other winless teams and probably the 1 win teams. Down by 3 to McClain at half, had Jackson tied late in 2nd quarter and only down 6 after 3. They have 3 pretty good players and defense much improved from last year.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Coal Grove coming in at 42???
Beat #12 Chesapeake
Lost to # 18 South Point by 1 in OT
Beat #31 Peebles by double digits

When do they get some love!?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

dime-a-dozen wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:35 pm Coal Grove coming in at 42???
Beat #12 Chesapeake

Valid.

Maybe more CG fans need to make the case in the forums

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, good list as usual.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Movin on up 🎶

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Only thing better than this today is the Wild Card Game on Nickelodeon

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Keep it up Pfloyd. Edge is off for me right now,but; I believe in Coach Arey. The ship will right itself,but; alot of work needs done. My lady Indians are pretty awesome though,.The pieces are there for the boys team coach Arey to piece together for tournament time. Go Indians.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

dime-a-dozen wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:35 pm Coal Grove coming in at 42???
Beat #12 Chesapeake

Coal Grove has Portsmouth 1/12, Fairland 1/15, ISJ 1/16 and Gallia Academy 1/19 coming up ... those are ALL teams in front of CG - wins get CG where they should be in your mind AND wins WILL move them up into that 30 range (3-1 with those 4 games) ... so far they beat Green and Rock Hill ... Peebles is playing closer to the 40 slot than 31 where they are now ... the Chesapeake win by 2? I watched that one - it was more what the Peake didn't do and a couple of questionable calls in that win ... 3-1 in the next week plus and the Hornets earn their way up the rankings ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Stirring up the hornets’ nest!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:33 pm Keep it up Pfloyd. Edge is off for me right now,but; I believe in Coach Arey. The ship will right itself,but; alot of work needs done. My lady Indians are pretty awesome though,.The pieces are there for the boys team coach Arey to piece together for tournament time. Go Indians.
... as the Indians get to be together as a TEAM and get to practice as a TEAM they will get better - until the last outing they really hadn't gotten the offensive output from Burba and/or Mills that has to be counted on for Peebles to be in ANY game they play ... still need to figure out what each others roles ARE & NEED to be for them to be successful on the court ... I'm with you, Coach Arey will get them where they need to be by the post season ...

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

ISJ is 6-2 as of 1/11/21.

Wins: @Clay, Green, @Rock Hill, @Western, @East, @South Webster

Losses: West, @Symmes Valley

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Pfloyd I always look forward to Monday to read your Post. I think you do an extraordinary job of ranking teams. This week you threw a curve and would love to hear your rational on the top 8. #5 beats #4 on the road by 9 or 10 can't remember and #6 loses to #3 on the road. what is the rational for #6 jumping #5 ???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am Pfloyd I always look forward to Monday to read your Post. I think you do an extraordinary job of ranking teams. This week you threw a curve and would love to hear your rational on the top 8. #5 beats #4 on the road by 9 or 10 can't remember and #6 loses to #3 on the road. what is the rational for #6 jumping #5 ???
Many factors I bet.

1. They are all close to begin with.
2. Fairland just throttled Peake on Tuesday who Pfloyd believes is a very good team
3. Eastern Brown took it to #10 Hillsboro on Tuesday
4. Pfloyd isn’t quite convinced on Waverly yet as he dropped them below Jackson and Unioto.

Guessing but the Tuesday games were big and he’s clearly very sold on EB

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

All valid responses. I'm not arguing the placement. But I still think a Good win is greater Good loss

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am Pfloyd I always look forward to Monday to read your Post. I think you do an extraordinary job of ranking teams. This week you threw a curve and would love to hear your rational on the top 8. #5 beats #4 on the road by 9 or 10 can't remember and #6 loses to #3 on the road. what is the rational for #6 jumping #5 ???
Many factors I bet.

1. They are all close to begin with.
2. Fairland just throttled Peake on Tuesday who Pfloyd believes is a very good team
3. Eastern Brown took it to #10 Hillsboro on Tuesday
4. Pfloyd isn’t quite convinced on Waverly yet as he dropped them below Jackson and Unioto.

Guessing but the Tuesday games were big and he’s clearly very sold on EB
Waverly is where they should be and that’s behind Unioto and soon so will Jackson

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Blitz I totally understand you questioning the bump up above the Burg after A LOSS ... as I92 pointed out ALL of these teams are so close ... I took a chance and made "A CALL" based on what I've seen - Logan Elm 3 times/Warren 5/Fairland 7/Eastern Brown 4/Wheelersburg 2/Jackson 2/ Unioto 5/ Waverly 2 games ... WE WILL see more movement in the Elite 8 probably as early as this week again ...

... ALL 8 teams in the Elite are outstanding ... in my opinion based on what I've seen even with the loss by one point EB at this point has better wins/ even in the loss AT Fairland, with a chance to win with the last possession - Hundley/Garrett/Vaughn/Daniels/Boone may be the best starting five in the top 8 ...as I92 pointed out a BIG win vs a very good Hillsboro team ... the schedule for EB has been better in my mind - the 'boro, North Adams, ZT, Fairland ... EB has picked up Warren at Warren the first week in February... I'm not sold on Waverly - a mediocre win at FU, loss to Wheelersburg, they have Heath coming up this week in BIG game literally and figuratively as Heath has 6-5, 6-5, 6-6 , 6-8 ... they also will have Jackson 4 days later before playing Wheelersburg again ... Jackson and Unioto are deserving of their spots Jackson may have the toughest schedule in SEO ... Unioto if it were not for the Miami Trace OT loss would be above both Jackson and Wheelersburg - they are playing that good of basketball at both ends of the floor ...

... with any "call" you are either proven right or wrong ... that's the case here ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm All valid responses. I'm not arguing the placement. But I still think a Good win is greater Good loss
... I respect that Blitz ... one of the difficult things is to get teams in positions in the rankings where you feel they truly should be based on what you have seen ... when they don't play in the same league, they don't play each other - at times you have to make "the call" and make the move ... I did that this week - Wheelersburg DID move up in my rankings, Eastern Brown made the jump with the Waverly loss which I suppose if I have to put it in words - I gave more credit to the Eastern Brown 1 point loss at Fairland, than I did to the Wheelersburg win over Waverly at Waverly ... right or wrong? we'll find out ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:39 pm

... Blitz I totally understand you questioning the bump up above the Burg after A LOSS ... as I92 pointed out ALL of these teams are so close ... I took a chance and made "A CALL" based on what I've seen - Logan Elm 3 times/Warren 5/Fairland 7/Eastern Brown 4/Wheelersburg 2/Jackson 2/ Unioto 5/ Waverly 2 games ... WE WILL see more movement in the Elite 8 probably as early as this week again ...

... ALL 8 teams in the Elite are outstanding ... in my opinion based on what I've seen even with the loss by one point EB at this point has better wins/ even in the loss AT Fairland, with a chance to win with the last possession - Hundley/Garrett/Vaughn/Daniels/Boone may be the best starting five in the top 8 ...as I92 pointed out a BIG win vs a very good Hillsboro team ... the schedule for EB has been better in my mind - the 'boro, North Adams, ZT, Fairland ... EB has picked up Warren at Warren the first week in February... I'm not sold on Waverly - a mediocre win at FU, loss to Wheelersburg, they have Heath coming up this week in BIG game literally and figuratively as Heath has 6-5, 6-5, 6-6 , 6-8 ... they also will have Jackson 4 days later before playing Wheelersburg again ... Jackson and Unioto are deserving of their spots Jackson may have the toughest schedule in SEO ... Unioto if it were not for the Miami Trace OT loss would be above both Jackson and Wheelersburg - they are playing that good of basketball at both ends of the floor ...

... with any "call" you are either proven right or wrong ... that's the case here ...
Eastern Brown is going to Warren Local? Lol only about 150 miles. Sounds like Buecler wants the best chance for another final 4....what challenges they have picked up...and far far away in two of the toughest places to win.

Kudos to Eastern Brown

Return to “Boys Basketball”