Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:20 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:39 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am Pfloyd I always look forward to Monday to read your Post. I think you do an extraordinary job of ranking teams. This week you threw a curve and would love to hear your rational on the top 8. #5 beats #4 on the road by 9 or 10 can't remember and #6 loses to #3 on the road. what is the rational for #6 jumping #5 ???

... Blitz I totally understand you questioning the bump up above the Burg after A LOSS ... as I92 pointed out ALL of these teams are so close ... I took a chance and made "A CALL" based on what I've seen - Logan Elm 3 times/Warren 5/Fairland 7/Eastern Brown 4/Wheelersburg 2/Jackson 2/ Unioto 5/ Waverly 2 games ... WE WILL see more movement in the Elite 8 probably as early as this week again ...

... ALL 8 teams in the Elite are outstanding ... in my opinion based on what I've seen even with the loss by one point EB at this point has better wins/ even in the loss AT Fairland, with a chance to win with the last possession - Hundley/Garrett/Vaughn/Daniels/Boone may be the best starting five in the top 8 ...as I92 pointed out a BIG win vs a very good Hillsboro team ... the schedule for EB has been better in my mind - the 'boro, North Adams, ZT, Fairland ... EB has picked up Warren at Warren the first week in February... I'm not sold on Waverly - a mediocre win at FU, loss to Wheelersburg, they have Heath coming up this week in BIG game literally and figuratively as Heath has 6-5, 6-5, 6-6 , 6-8 ... they also will have Jackson 4 days later before playing Wheelersburg again ... Jackson and Unioto are deserving of their spots Jackson may have the toughest schedule in SEO ... Unioto if it were not for the Miami Trace OT loss would be above both Jackson and Wheelersburg - they are playing that good of basketball at both ends of the floor ...

... with any "call" you are either proven right or wrong ... that's the case here ...
Eastern Brown is going to Warren Local? Lol only about 150 miles. Sounds like Buecler wants the best chance for another final 4....what challenges they have picked up...and far far away in two of the toughest places to win.

Kudos to Eastern Brown
... yep, I was texting with Coach Maddox last night, he said they have Eastern Brown I believe Feb 6th at the WarriorDome ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:20 pm

... Blitz I totally understand you questioning the bump up above the Burg after A LOSS ... as I92 pointed out ALL of these teams are so close ... I took a chance and made "A CALL" based on what I've seen - Logan Elm 3 times/Warren 5/Fairland 7/Eastern Brown 4/Wheelersburg 2/Jackson 2/ Unioto 5/ Waverly 2 games ... WE WILL see more movement in the Elite 8 probably as early as this week again ...

... ALL 8 teams in the Elite are outstanding ... in my opinion based on what I've seen even with the loss by one point EB at this point has better wins/ even in the loss AT Fairland, with a chance to win with the last possession - Hundley/Garrett/Vaughn/Daniels/Boone may be the best starting five in the top 8 ...as I92 pointed out a BIG win vs a very good Hillsboro team ... the schedule for EB has been better in my mind - the 'boro, North Adams, ZT, Fairland ... EB has picked up Warren at Warren the first week in February... I'm not sold on Waverly - a mediocre win at FU, loss to Wheelersburg, they have Heath coming up this week in BIG game literally and figuratively as Heath has 6-5, 6-5, 6-6 , 6-8 ... they also will have Jackson 4 days later before playing Wheelersburg again ... Jackson and Unioto are deserving of their spots Jackson may have the toughest schedule in SEO ... Unioto if it were not for the Miami Trace OT loss would be above both Jackson and Wheelersburg - they are playing that good of basketball at both ends of the floor ...

... with any "call" you are either proven right or wrong ... that's the case here ...
Eastern Brown is going to Warren Local? Lol only about 150 miles. Sounds like Buecler wants the best chance for another final 4....what challenges they have picked up...and far far away in two of the toughest places to win.

Kudos to Eastern Brown
... yep, I was texting with Coach Maddox last night, he said they have Eastern Brown I believe Feb 6th at the WarriorDome ...
I’ll see if I can get a message to Rob to say how easy it is to win there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Now we need Eastern Brown to play to Logan Elm to help settle all the dust

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Pfloyd, thank you, thank you, thank you for what you do for southeastern Ohio basketball. I can tell you that so many people read and respect your rankings and your write ups.

I will say I see many, many of these teams. I would say your 1-5 could easily be interchangeable. 6-8 are right on. I honestly think Piketon with their pressure D and there physicality would beat a couple teams higher then them. Very well done my friend, keep up the good work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:45 pm Now we need Eastern Brown to play to Logan Elm to help settle all the dust
...I92, Logan Elm looks like the senior laden team that they are - they play very "mature" basketball - offensively and defensively ... I've said before - Coach Stiverson has the BEST 4 guards quartet in the SE district ... Ward/Wietlemann/Sailor/Chalfin - strong with the ball, with a motion offense that starts on the perimeter , guards penetrating the defense and kicking it to any number of open guards set up behind the 3 point line ... or they get to the rim ... they can all shoot the three ball, they can all get to and finish at the rim ... defensively giving up maybe 40 pts per game (39.7 ppg) - they have been strong on the boards in the 4 games I've watched them play ... fun to watch ... Eastern Brown would be a great matchup as Eit wouB has the strength/size to go inside vs LE BUT LE makes you pay in the paint putting the ball on the floor - I can't give EB the advantage even with the size advantage ... it would be a great game as a fan to watch ...

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am Pfloyd I always look forward to Monday to read your Post. I think you do an extraordinary job of ranking teams. This week you threw a curve and would love to hear your rational on the top 8. #5 beats #4 on the road by 9 or 10 can't remember and #6 loses to #3 on the road. what is the rational for #6 jumping #5 ???

Thanks for the response Pfloyd. I always value your honest opinion on the rankings and admit when you are wrong and adjust accordingly. You watch more hoops than anyone I know that is why I was interested in your thinking.I haven't seen the teams mentioned play. I only see the SOC teams or teams we play. I like the way you group the teams because in my mind each group is pretty interchangeable. Burg might be #8 after the Jackson game. Thanks for the response and breakdown most people get offended when questioned and you always give a honest response. i think that is why this thread is popular year after year

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

On a different note I have heard "RUMORS" that Jackson or Waverly might host District games this year. Anyone else hearing this as a possibility? I for one would love that if true!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 am On a different note I have heard "RUMORS" that Jackson or Waverly might host District games this year. Anyone else hearing this as a possibility? I for one would love that if true!!!
The only issue with Waverly would be the lack of locker rooms in the Downtown Gym, so there would need to be ample times between games to sanitize...but that facility is still amazing to play in, so I’d be all for it. Jackson as well, but I think they have more locker room space, which makes more sense.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

What would jackson do with all that extra lot cash ??

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm What would jackson do with all that extra lot cash ??
We don’t charge to park...thanks

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:18 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm What would jackson do with all that extra lot cash ??
You guys host Regional games and I bet you do 💀

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm
100%

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:07 pm

100%
If we don’t charge how bout you not mention it again for a year since you are so sure?

I doubt we host.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm

100%
If we don’t charge how bout you not mention it again for a year since you are so sure?

I doubt we host.
Why would anyone agree to that? Lol. I’ll pay $10 to park I don’t give a crap but I sure love listening to people bitch about it 😀.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm

100%

I doubt we host.
Why would anyone agree to that? Lol. I’ll pay $10 to park I don’t give a crap but I sure love listening to people bitch about it 😀.
Pretty much just 2 schools bitch about it

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Big game in Glouster on Friday postponed.

Covid postponements involving Fed for the 2nd time this year.

Dang.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm

I doubt we host.
Pretty much just 2 schools bitch about it
I cry about Waverly charging to park at football games but has nothing to do with me not wanting to pay it lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Federal Hocking is picking up Fort Frye on 2/13. That's a good tune up for the tournament.

Will play Trimble on 2/12, and then Fort the next night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm Federal Hocking is picking up Fort Frye on 2/13. That's a good tune up for the tournament.

The better teams with postseason plans are picking up big games around the district. Was hoping it would happen and it clearly is.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:54 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm Federal Hocking is picking up Fort Frye on 2/13. That's a good tune up for the tournament.

The better teams with postseason plans are picking up big games around the district. Was hoping it would happen and it clearly is.
We have a makeup game to find. Not sure how we’d fit it in but would love to play Warren, Waverly or LE

Return to “Boys Basketball”