Fed Hock @ Trimble for the TVC Hocking

JC2124
Varsity

Fed Hock @ Trimble for the TVC Hocking

Post by JC2124 »

Who you got in this one. I think FH is the better team but Trimble will be tough.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fed Hock @ Trimble for the TVC Hocking

Post by pfloyd »

Federal Hocking has the numbers/depth , size advantage, inside outside game, length ... looks like it should be about even then ... LOL ... I never bet against a Howie coached team ... FH DOES have ALL of these advantages , on paper it's a mismatch ... you just can't count out a TEAM like Trimble - all of the intangibles , the moxie , the swag , the "we can't lose" attitude , Howie ... looking forward to listening to 93dog on the radio and watching the livestream ... wishing both teams a great game ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:36 pm Federal Hocking has the numbers/depth , size advantage, inside outside game, length ... looks like it should be about even then ... LOL ... I never bet against a Howie coached team ... FH DOES have ALL of these advantages , on paper it's a mismatch ... you just can't count out a TEAM like Trimble - all of the intangibles , the moxie , the swag , the "we can't lose" attitude , Howie ... looking forward to listening to 93dog on the radio and watching the livestream ... wishing both teams a great game ...
I'll probably just chime in at halftime or something and let my Power 105 crew do most of the heavy lifting. Should be a great game. I give a lot of edges to Fed, but, the Cats are more battle tested and have at least been playing games. I'm curious to see how another layoff affects the Lancers.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble 36
Fed Hock 16

Halftime

Lancers coming off 2nd quarantine are not ready for the intensity the Tomcats bring.

Guffey with 17 first half points.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Guffey a junior or senior?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:04 pm Guffey a junior or senior?
Junior

Cats up 66-53 with 2:00 to go.

Scored his 1000th point tonight

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:04 pm Guffey a junior or senior?
Junior

Cats up 66-53 with 2:00 to go.

Scored his 1000th point tonight
Howie and Co. great game ... FH made it an up and down Helter Skelter game in the 2nd half - forced 10 Cats turnovers in the 2nd half BUT had 10 of there own ... never got closer than 9 in the 2nd half ... never took advantage of their size inside the entire game ... rematch will be a different story ... should be a dandy down the road ... Congratulations to Blake Guffey on joining the 1000 pt club as a junior ! heck not a senior on the team ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble 21 15 12 26 - 74
Fed Hock 7 9 21 18 - 55

Trimble (9-2),(6-0)

Tucker Dixon - 6 pts (all in the 4th Q)
Blake Guffey - 25 pts/10 rebounds (scores 1000th pt) - absolute stud, great all around basketball player.
Tyler Weber - 8 pts
Austin Wisor - 10 pts
Bryce Downs - 18 pts/7 rebounds
Calarence Jones - 6 pts

Federal Hocking (5-2),(2-1)

Tariq Cottrill - 4 pts
Hunter Smith 21 pts
Wes Carpenter - 3 pts
Collin Jarvis - 2 pts (first game back, limited minutes)
Nathaniel Massie - 15 pts/10 rebounds
Elijah Lucas - 8 pts/7 rebounds
Tyler Rogers - 2 pts (first game back, limited minutes)

The Lancers, coming off their 2nd quarantine, were not ready mentally or physically for the type of game that takes place when you face a Trimble Tomcat team in Glouster. They almost got run off the court in the first half and trailed 36-16 at halftime. Trimble was relentless on D forcing 21 Fed Hock turnovers and forced the Lancers into settling for far far too many 3-point attempts. On the flip side, the Cats attacked all night - and outside of two treys in the first Q - made all 2-point FG's the rest of the game. Kind of the opposite of what you'd see from the team that was clearly smaller. The prior competition, imo, had an impact. Trimble with games against Piketon, Chesapeake and Athens had them a little more prepared for the intensity that goes along with big games like tonight. I look forward to the rematch as the Lancers get more games under their belt and incorporate Jarvis and Rogers into the lineup.

Trimble 6-for-6 from the charity stripe.
Fed Hock 7-for-16.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

per Trimble box cast

Tonight’s PWI insurance player of the game is Bryce Downs.

Bryce had 20 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks, and 4 charges taken!
Another complete team performance in the biggest game of the season so far. Everybody had their moment tonight and made a play when it was needed. Cats now stand alone at the top of the Hocking.

Also huge shoutout to Blake Guffey for scoring his 1,000 point tonight (as a junior). Blake also had a big night with 24 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists.
Go Cats!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

With all of the advantages on paper that Federal Hocking had the key napkin stat to me was that Howie's Tomcats out Lancer'ed the Lancers - FH had a decided height/length advantage at nearly every position ... with the inside size advantage you would look to see what was the points in the paint stat line ...

Points in the Paint :

Federal Hocking 16 fgs/32 points in the paint
Trimble 25 fgs/ 50 points in the paint

3 Pointers:

Federal Hocking 4/23
Trimble 4/12

... Congratulations to Blake Guffey on reaching the 1000 point milestone , only a junior - pfloyd

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Trimble put it onem 💩

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble just has a way of showing up when it matters most. They are "gamers" and have been for quite awhile - in football and basketball.

You watch em play against some other teams and their solid fundamentals, tenacity on defense and great game management, great coaching is enough to get them wins in under the radar games like at South Gallia or at Athens. But ,,, when the lights shine brighter, the crowds get bigger/louder and the game is more meaningful - the 'Cats raise their game to a whole new level. I've watched it in football so many times it's not even funny. I remember heading into the state semi-final a few years ago not many believed Trimble would beat Cleveland JFK - but once they hit the field under the lights at Highland Stadium - the Cats absolutely smoked them and played their best game of the year. That's kind of what happened tonight. Trimble showed up to pay a league championship game and Federal Hocking did not.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go Howie--old school!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”