Warren at Federal Hocking on 2/16

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Warren at Federal Hocking on 2/16

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Lancers picked up another game adding Warren in February.

Fed Hock also added Fort Frye on 2/13

2020/2021 highlighted games

@ Morgan
@ Trimble
Athens
@ Marietta
@ Peebles
Trimble
Fort Frye
Warren

* McClain was ppd on 1/19

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Warren at Federal Hocking on 2/16

Post by vcgrad »

Sweet

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Did Warren play Friday night ? Or maybe Saturday ?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

They play tomorrow against Zanesville, JV tips at 5
Last edited by Whs95fan on Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go Blue
Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

No on Friday and yes on Saturday.....@Zanesville 6:30

Old man
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Might help Fed Hock come Tourney time but they are not going to do very well record wise.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:57 pm Might help Fed Hock come Tourney time but they are not going to do very well record wise.
Come on Dspy, you disappoint me a little with your comment. Coach Thompson wants to play the best, otherwise they will never know what it takes to be the best. I've heard one iteration or another out of you over the years like this about your beloved Cadets, and if there is one thing Jonathan Thompson is not, that is being afraid.

Glad Warren was able to accommodate the Lancers and play, it is only going to help this young team in the long run....

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Playing against better competition is incredibly helpful. It really improves your team as they learn to adapt to play against taller players, faster players, better defenses. I honestly believe Fed Hock would not have beat Athens had they not experienced those intense 4 quarters vs Trimble on Thur.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:07 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:57 pm Might help Fed Hock come Tourney time but they are not going to do very well record wise.
Come on Dspy, you disappoint me a little with your comment. Coach Thompson wants to play the best, otherwise they will never know what it takes to be the best. I've heard one iteration or another out of you over the years like this about your beloved Cadets, and if there is one thing Jonathan Thompson is not, that is being afraid.

Glad Warren was able to accommodate the Lancers and play, it is only going to help this young team in the long run....

Did not mean this as an insult. Basketball it don’t matter what your record is. What I should of said is they might lose some games but this will help them at sectionals and districts.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I happen to like the big boy schedule. I think The Fort and FH will be a heck of a game! Great test for both teams.

FH scrimmaged Warren and held their own. At that point in the season it’s all about getting ready for the tournament. Perfect two games to get ready. The Fort and Big Bad Blue!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:35 am
I happen to like the big boy schedule. I think The Fort and FH will be a heck of a game! Great test for both teams.

FH scrimmaged Warren and held their own. At that point in the season it’s all about getting ready for the tournament. Perfect two games to get ready. The Fort and Big Bad Blue!
... I totally like teams that have the opportunity to go deep into the post season to do what FH has done - schedule UP with the best non-conference games they can find/get before the start the "one and done" season ... my mind set is that you play teams that ARE in fact on paper better than your team ... it's the Coach Eversole , the head coach at Fairfield Union , thinking when it comes to setting up a season's nonconference schedule ... he always works to divide the nonconference schedule into thirds - 1/3 of the games are vs teams you should get a W if you play your game, 1/3 of the games are vs teams that are tossups - you have to play your best to get the W and the final 1/3 are vs teams that are on paper better than your team (out of your division, not a SE district foe, a team with quickness, or size, or solid D etc) these are the games that will have your team having to play BETTER than their best to get a win ... you learn about your team, you develop a team that has been behind, has had to push themselves to get the W ... Morgan, Warren, Fort Frye all fall into the top third of the "Eversole standard" for nonconference scheduling - ALL will have FH as a TEAM learning about themselves, learning how to play vs Warren (size, tough on D) vs FF (speed, perimeter scoring, quick defensive pressure) vs Morgan ( a good combination of both size,quickness, perimeter & inside scoring) ... good stuff !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No mention of scheduling & playing D2 Athens?

Typical Logan guy, always downgrading the Dogs. Lol

E High
All State

Post by E High »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 pm The Lancers picked up another game adding Warren in February.

@ Morgan
@ Trimble
Athens
@ Marietta
@ Peebles
Trimble
Fort Frye
Warren

Not many easy games there

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

E High wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:40 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 pm The Lancers picked up another game adding Warren in February.

@ Morgan
@ Trimble
Athens
@ Marietta
@ Peebles
Trimble
Fort Frye
Warren

Not many easy games there
That’s why I like it. Face the challenge and be better for it. Win, lose or draw. Important life lesson right there! Plus side it makes them battle tested and more prepared for what’s to come

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Did Fed play Belpre this afternoon, and if so, what was the outcome?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Steely Dan wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:08 pm Did Fed play Belpre this afternoon, and if so, what was the outcome?
Fed won 58-44. Looked a little flat at times. 3rd game in 4 days. Rotating a lot of kids. I think the played 12 kids. Belpre has some talent, they just don’t use it very well.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks JC2124. I was aware that it was their third game in a short period of time, which is especially tough when you have a young squad. Glad to hear they toughed it out and came away with the victory. Future is bright for the Lancers.

Return to “Boys Basketball”