Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: I 92’s Rankings and Random Thoughts...Week 9

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:14 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:58 pm
E High wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:37 pm
Sheridan is Way better then 8.
After a 2 week unwanted break, the Peebles squad play Friday against Fairfield and Saturday Vs Fayetteville, both games at home.Looking forward to a very busy next three weeks . I'm hoping for a long winning streak.
Expecting a 10+ point win vs Fayetteville and Fairfield game is maybe a toss up...winning both will be pushing top 30
Just glad to be playing. These seniors have been chomping at the bit. Hope they can get rid of the rust quickly. Im sure FF will throw everything at us from the jump.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 pm So Sheridan 12-3...lost to West Muskingum, Johnstown and Tri Valley. Play in a good league, play a lot of East District D2 teams. Look to be improving as we go.

Sheridan is big time when it comes to SE District sports. For our sakes I wish they had some more matchups with teams we are familiar with. Sheridan is good all the way down and most every sport boys/girls. Kids going to state in individual sports and their teams are successful as any.

They are likely very hungry after getting upset by New Lex last year. They are now at full strength and pounded a very good meadowbrook team the other night. Easily a top 4 team.

12-3 and at #8 they are way too low? You thinking they should be like 3rd? If thinking 5th or 6th then “way to low” is way too strong.

Sheridan is clearly very good and so is every team in front of them...you maybe aren’t sold on Hillsboro or maybe not impressed with Waverly but it’s a bit of a reach to say they should be and have earned a ranking way better than 8th.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 pm So Sheridan 12-3...lost to West Muskingum, Johnstown and Tri Valley. Play in a good league, play a lot of East District D2 teams. Look to be improving as we go.

Sheridan is big time when it comes to SE District sports. For our sakes I wish they had some more matchups with teams we are familiar with. Sheridan is good all the way down and most every sport boys/girls. Kids going to state in individual sports and their teams are successful as any.

They are likely very hungry after getting upset by New Lex last year.

12-3 and at #8 they are way too low? You thinking they should be like 3rd? If thinking 5th or 6th then “way to low” is way too strong.

Sheridan is clearly very good and so is every team in front of them...you maybe aren’t sold on Hillsboro or maybe not impressed with Waverly but it’s a bit of a reach to say they should be and have earned a ranking way better than 8th.
Pretty good rankings and rundown of Sheridan. Really hard to rank teams who don't play very many similar opponents let alone play each other during the regular season. Some of the few similar opponents I've seen Sheridan stacked up pretty good. Played FU to about the same kind of game as Waverly. Beat an LU team by 6 (after leading by as much as 16 in 4th quarter) that took Logan Elm to double OT. Beat Logan in about the same fashion as Warren. I know scrimmages don't mean much this time of year but Sheridan beat Logan Elm and Heath. Teams change and improve a lot between scrimmages and the end of the year but I think it shows there is not as much separation between the the top of the rankings and the middle of the rankings as some people think. All that being said, I think you have them ranked in a good spot. They lost a couple games they shouldn't have early in the year and you gotta prove it on the court.
PFloyd commented on how Sheridan doesn't have a "stand out player", I would think that is the kind of team that is even more dangerous. They've been led in scoring by 5 or 6 different players throughout the year and finally have a true point guard this year which they did not have last year. Having 6 seniors including 3 who got significant minutes on the final 4 run a couple years ago doesn't hurt either. Should be a competitive sectional/district in DII SE.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:29 pm Chillicothe is 1-4 and 0-3 in FAC

Miami Trace won at Chillicothe 54-39 playing without Logan Rogers.

Chillicothe is without their only senior Joel Barnes

That baffles me some.....the upperclassman of this group I thought was very nice coming through the years...Has some of these kids not playing basketball anymore or something I92??.....just odd to me see or hear Chillicothe being 1-3 overall and 0-3 in the FAC.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:52 pm I saw Sheridan vs Logan ... can't see where they are better than Unioto, Adena, Jackson, that I92 has them ranked above ... nor my 1-7 ... they are a solid blue collar, not flashy, no standout player that you say "gotta cover THAT guy" type of team ... definitely top 15 but better than the 10 I have ahead of them or "way better than I92's 1-7 ?

For reasons you stated pfloyd is why I think they are a dangerous team. I’m not disputing the ranking you men have them at. You and I92 know way more about these things than I could ever imagine to put together. I was just trying to get a little more detail about this year’s generals. Come tourney time I can’t imagine them being fun for a team to survive and advance. Thanks guys for all you do with the rankings and teams input.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:20 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:52 pm I saw Sheridan vs Logan ... can't see where they are better than Unioto, Adena, Jackson, that I92 has them ranked above ... nor my 1-7 ... they are a solid blue collar, not flashy, no standout player that you say "gotta cover THAT guy" type of team ... definitely top 15 but better than the 10 I have ahead of them or "way better than I92's 1-7 ?

For reasons you stated pfloyd is why I think they are a dangerous team. I’m not disputing the ranking you men have them at. You and I92 know way more about these things than I could ever imagine to put together. I was just trying to get a little more detail about this year’s generals. Come tourney time I can’t imagine them being fun for a team to survive and advance. Thanks guys for all you do with the rankings and teams input.
... absolutely they ARE !!! ... the Generals under Coach Fisher are ALWAYS a fundamentally sound TEAM year in year out and when you get a group of generational players making up TEAM with size and ARE STANDOUT players - Ethan Heller, Coconis, Hill, Heileman et al to go with the fundamental play at both ends - you end up winning a regional/going to the final four of the state - loved watching that Sheridan TEAM ... this years Sheridan squad is a solid, no frills TEAM that has 8 good players who know their roles and play them well ... when you have solid defense - a TEAM which understands HOW to play D, they can negate the size disadvantage they have - a lot of 6-3 players for the Generals ...just because I pointed out that they don't have "a stand out player" does not mean the collective group of players are not good - blue collar, hard working at both ends, fundamental players at both ends, 4 solid double digit scorers in Taylor/Ranft/Johnson/Russell and depending on the opponent Coconis/Malone can add to the scoring stat sheet as well ... as was pointed out 3 of these guys were ON that Final Four team ... got minutes in BIG games in that post season run ... THAT you DON'T have on any other team in SEO - THAT means something imo when you get into the post season for sure " been there done that" is not on any other team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... if I had to compare Sheridan to a TEAM or TEAMS that I have seen this season I would compare them to Jackson ... as you pointed out being a "non flashy, workmen like, blue collar" TEAM is one that anyone ranked above them does not want to see in the one and done season ... a TEAM like Sheridan can "suck the flashy" right out of a team with THAT stand out guy or guys on the roster ... when you are ranking them and comparing them to other teams Sheridan DOES take a back seat UNTIL they play and beat some common opponents or the TEAMS above them in the rankings that on paper and with SEO resume's vs SEO teams get the attention ... I WOULD NOT WANT the Generals of Coach Fisher in my bracket ...

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:56 pm

... absolutely they ARE !!! ... the Generals under Coach Fisher are ALWAYS a fundamentally sound TEAM year in year out and when you get a group of generational players making up TEAM with size and ARE STANDOUT players - Ethan Heller, Coconis, Hill, Heileman et al to go with the fundamental play at both ends - you end up winning a regional/going to the final four of the state - loved watching that Sheridan TEAM ... this years Sheridan squad is a solid, no frills TEAM that has 8 good players who know their roles and play them well ... when you have solid defense - a TEAM which understands HOW to play D, they can negate the size disadvantage they have - a lot of 6-3 players for the Generals ...just because I pointed out that they don't have "a stand out player" does not mean the collective group of players are not good - blue collar, hard working at both ends, fundamental players at both ends, 4 solid double digit scorers in Taylor/Ranft/Johnson/Russell and depending on the opponent Coconis/Malone can add to the scoring stat sheet as well ... as was pointed out 3 of these guys were ON that Final Four team ... got minutes in BIG games in that post season run ... THAT you DON'T have on any other team in SEO - THAT means something imo when you get into the post season for sure " been there done that" is not on any other team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... if I had to compare Sheridan to a TEAM or TEAMS that I have seen this season I would compare them to Jackson ... as you pointed out being a "non flashy, workmen like, blue collar" TEAM is one that anyone ranked above them does not want to see in the one and done season ... a TEAM like Sheridan can "suck the flashy" right out of a team with THAT stand out guy or guys on the roster ... when you are ranking them and comparing them to other teams Sheridan DOES take a back seat UNTIL they play and beat some common opponents or the TEAMS above them in the rankings that on paper and with SEO resume's vs SEO teams get the attention ... I WOULD NOT WANT the Generals of Coach Fisher in my bracket ...

There’s the report I was looking for .........

Well spoken......much obliged....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

countywide35 - IT"S PERFECTLY FINE to dispute the rankings !!! - as I92 points out the explanations/the facts keep the forum doing what it is supposed to do - INFORM the readers AND keep those of us who THINK they know anything about anything actually making sure we KNOW at least a little something about a something LOL ... too many teams to know it all - information/questions HAVE TO come from the readers to both inform & question what is posted on the site ... DO NOT EVER HESITATE to question anything I post ! I try to give a response ...

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:01 pm

countywide35 - IT"S PERFECTLY FINE to dispute the rankings !!! - as I92 points out the explanations/the facts keep the forum doing what it is supposed to do - INFORM the readers AND keep those of us who THINK they know anything about anything actually making sure we KNOW at least a little something about a something LOL ... too many teams to know it all - information/questions HAVE TO come from the readers to both inform & question what is posted on the site ... DO NOT EVER HESITATE to question anything I post ! I try to give a response ...

Absolutely no dispute coming from CountyWide35 ha....you guys do a GREAT job at putting and placing teams in an “unofficial” “napkin” ranking format....they actually are pretty darn good and with supporting facts/statements behind the madness.....should rename “Pfloyd” and “I92” to Stephan A Smith snd Max Kellermam show of SEOP basketball forum!....as for the generals i was just curious to the 2021 version of them...they always seem to well coached, disciplined, and not scared to sink an elbow into the breastbone of another while making a hard step to the rim or a rebound snagged with authority.....for those reasons (and no name superstars) makes me always say they won’t be easy to beat when it counts the most in the seaosn of
“one and done”......tough draw for anyone out of the gate in my eyes....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:14 pm

That baffles me some.....the upperclassman of this group I thought was very nice coming through the years...Has some of these kids not playing basketball anymore or something I92??.....just odd to me see or hear Chillicothe being 1-3 overall and 0-3 in the FAC.....
I know this...Chillicothe can lose all of their games by 30 points and come Feb 6th in Jackson and Feb 13th in Chillicothe I fully expect a group of Cavaliers on the court that are fast, athletic, long, disciplined and ready to fight the Ironmen. It’s been going on since the 5th grade and whatever is going on now is moot to me on what we’ll have to face and beat.....as for my rankings they must be moved far down as their resume is not good and going the wrong direction.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:14 pm

I know this...Chillicothe can lose all of their games by 30 points and come Feb 6th in Jackson and Feb 13th in Chillicothe I fully expect a group of Cavaliers on the court that are fast, athletic, long, disciplined and ready to fight the Ironmen. It’s been going on since the 5th grade and whatever is going on now is moot to me on what we’ll have to face and beat.....as for my rankings they must be moved far down as their resume is not good and going the wrong direction.

That’s the Chilly team I’m accustomed to seeing snd agree that when the boys meet their foe across 35 they will be tough to face and beat. But i feel the Ironmen will be up to the. Challenge snd rise up for it. Big one here at the end of the week for them. Big Win in scioto county will be a heckuva way to bounce back from a tough Waverly/Boro games a week ago.....and so the stretch and fun times of basketball season begins......

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe lost by 10 to Hillsboro tonight.

Fairfield Union and South Webster falling some spots after tonight.

Fairfield wasn’t competitive vs North Adams

Minford looking better game by game

Sheridan stays hot

Alexander beat Meigs pretty good

South Point a solid win vs Ironton

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Just put us 50th and fuhgetaboudit

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm Chillicothe lost by 10 to Hillsboro tonight.

Sheridan stays hot

Still cannot receive or send PMs. I can see I have them and from who on the notification link but that’s it. It won’t allow me to delete old messages to try to get new ones as you suggested.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:48 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm Chillicothe lost by 10 to Hillsboro tonight.

Sheridan stays hot

Still cannot receive or send PMs. I can see I have them and from who on the notification link but that’s it. It won’t allow me to delete old messages to try to get new ones as you suggested.
If you go to your messages it’ll have a list of 50-100 old messages. If you go to any of them and click on it it will load that individual message. While on the individual message on the right side is an x to delete...this I the only way to delete messages now. That’s how I have to do it.

Have you tried that?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sheridan stays hot

245165EC-A2EA-492D-AF4A-E673D9352487.jpeg

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

? do you and Pfloyd discuss these before deciding who to put where? I find it funny you both have Waterford at #47

I think you are closer on Gallia Academy but they are so hit and miss he might be overrating them too.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Sheridan stays hot

If you go to your messages it’ll have a list of 50-100 old messages. If you go to any of them and click on it it will load that individual message. While on the individual message on the right side is an x to delete...this I the only way to delete messages now. That’s how I have to do it.

Have you tried that?

Thank ya sir. That helped !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vik wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:00 pm ? do you and Pfloyd discuss these before deciding who to put where? I find it funny you both have Waterford at #47

I think you are closer on Gallia Academy but they are so hit and miss he might be overrating them too.
Lol I guess we do have H2oford at #47. We don’t converse about rankings before we list them. We go back and forth some after we list. We are pretty close on most teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

End of 3rd

Logan Elm 41
Amanda Clearcreek 14

Yikes

Return to “Boys Basketball”