Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by pfloyd »

... the committee of one is working now on the Elite 8 for Week #9 ... lots of movement at both ends of the rankings right now ! ... looking at 8 D2 teams in the top 15 slots in the rankings !!! Hillsboro bullied their way into the Elite 8 beating McClain, Jackson and Unioto with point spreads of +20, +9, +10 respectively ... beating 2 Elite 8 teams on back to back nights ... sometimes a team catches quality teams when players are injured or in the Covid season - when players have not been on the court due to quarantine etc. - no excuses - the Indians out "basketballed" quality teams - all 3 - this past week ... as they will be coming into the Week that IS rankings at the #6 spot ...

... I like to give I92's Rankings & Random Thoughts some time to be digested by the masses before throwing out the Elite 8 ... more later after the Belpre vs Fed Hock matchup to round out the weekend ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:57 pm ... the committee of one is working now on the Elite 8 for Week #9 ... lots of movement at both ends of the rankings right now ! ... looking at 8 D2 teams in the top 15 slots in the rankings !!! Hillsboro bullied their way into the Elite 8 beating McClain, Jackson and Unioto with point spreads of +20, +9, +10 respectively ... beating 2 Elite 8 teams on back to back nights ... sometimes a team catches quality teams when players are injured or in the Covid season - when players have not been on the court due to quarantine etc. - no excuses - the Indians out "basketballed" quality teams - all 3 - this past week ... as they will be coming into the Week that IS rankings at the #6 spot ...

... I like to give I92's Rankings & Random Thoughts some time to be digested by the masses before throwing out the Elite 8 ... more later after the Belpre vs Fed Hock matchup to round out the weekend ...
No rush! You do great work. They can gripe at me waiting on the big list from you.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:57 pm ... the committee of one is working now on the Elite 8 for Week #9 ... lots of movement at both ends of the rankings right now ! ... looking at 8 D2 teams in the top 15 slots in the rankings !!! Hillsboro bullied their way into the Elite 8 beating McClain, Jackson and Unioto with point spreads of +20, +9, +10 respectively ... beating 2 Elite 8 teams on back to back nights ... sometimes a team catches quality teams when players are injured or in the Covid season - when players have not been on the court due to quarantine etc. - no excuses - the Indians out "basketballed" quality teams - all 3 - this past week ... as they will be coming into the Week that IS rankings at the #6 spot ...

Worth noting but Badgley went down with injury with a couple minutes left in the 1st @ Hillsboro so McClain was without their star player for the final 3+ quarters.

But yes Hillsboro 3 big home wins this week

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Worth noting but Badgley went down with injury with a couple minutes left in the 1st @ Hillsboro so McClain was without their star player for the final 3+ quarters.

Heard he broke his leg

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly with big BIG wins over Jackson and at Bishop Ready.... of course you know that.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

@pfloyd

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd’s Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

1. Logan Elm (8-0)
2. Warren (9-1)
3. Fairland (9-3)
4. Eastern Brown (16-1)
5. Wheelersburg (14-0)
6. Hillsboro (11-2)
7. Waverly (9-3)
8. Unioto (12-3)

TreeHugger Wannabees …

Adena (15-2)
Jackson (8-2)
Sheridan (11-3)
Piketon (12-5)
South Point (9-3)
New Boston (13-1)
Trimble (10-2)
Federal Hocking (7-2)
North Adams (10-4)
Portsmouth West (10-4)
Greenfield McClain (9-5)
Fairfield Union (3-5)
Vinton County (10-4)
Chesapeake (6-7)
New Lexington (10-4)
Fairfield Leesburg (9-5)
Athens (8-7)
Logan (1-5)
Minford (7-4)
Miami Trace (4-5)
Chillicothe (1-4)
Zane Trace (5-8)
Marietta (4-5)
South Webster (7-8)
Lucasville Valley (5-7)
Ironton St. Joseph (7-3)
Peebles (3-3)
Meigs (4-6)
Gallia Academy (4-6)
Ironton (2-3)
South Gallia (7-5)
River Valley (7-4)
Whiteoak (8-7)
Western Pike (7-6)
Coal Grove (5-5)
Portsmouth (5-5)
Wellston (5-6)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (8-4)
Waterford (5-5)
Belpre (8-8)
Northwest (6-8)
Southeastern (3-9)
Paint Valley (6-10)
Alexander (4-7)
Westfall (4-10)
Crooksville (2-9)
Lynchburg Clay (4-10)
Washington CH (1-7)
Circleville (2-8)
Nelsonville York (3-11)
Oak Hill (2-11)
Eastern Pike (2-9)
West Union (2-10)
Green (3-8)
Portsmouth Clay (3-11)
Symmes Valley (4-6)
Huntington (1-14)
Rock Hill (1-7)
Southern (2-9)

Teams on the End Table …

Reedsville Eastern (0-11)
Manchester (0-7)
Miller (0-10)
Portsmouth East (0-9)
Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

You updated one minute before I was able to give you a hard time about it!!

Hillsboro quality Top 8 team!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Making no excuses for SP they were beat handily, however they were down 2 starters Adams and Taylor. Both not big scorers usually but great defense and rebounding 6'3 and 6'2....They would helped down low for sure Burg pounded the offensive glass in this game....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:53 pm Image

@pfloyd
... done

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

New Lex is 10-4 and I believe that Miami Trace is 4-5

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Heard he broke his leg
... wow, hate to read this Badgley is such a nice player ... Logan also lost it's leading scorer for the season - Tegan Myers ... he didn't play vs Canal, saw limited action vs Sheridan ... reinjured his knee a few weeks ago, tried to make it work but the decision was made to not play anymore on the knee this season - wish them both complete recoveries ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:13 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Heard he broke his leg
... wow, hate to read this Badgley is such a nice player ... Logan also lost it's leading scorer for the season - Tegan Myers ... he didn't play vs Canal, saw limited action vs Sheridan ... reinjured his knee a few weeks ago, tried to make it work but the decision was made to not play anymore on the knee this season - wish them both complete recoveries ...
For sure. Those are two top players in our area

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Pfloyd is upsetting our friends at Waverly and Sheridan

Zane Trace stayed at #29?

Chillicothe having resume issues

Fairfield loses to Whiteoak and trailed the entire game....Whiteoak played FF at FF better too than FF at WO. I still think FF is too high.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sucks to hear that about Myers too.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:07 pm New Lex is 10-4 and I believe that Miami Trace is 4-5
... thanks daniC ... not sure the reason behind why getting final scores for either Miami Trace and/or New Lex are so difficult - their game results are the best kept secrets in Ohio sports ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pfloyd....only 2 spots in your rankings but looking at Tri state seedings based off your rankings, would you seriously have South Gallia over Whiteoak based on their complete resumes?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:41 pm Pfloyd....only 2 spots in your rankings but looking at Tri state seedings based off your rankings, would you seriously have South Gallia over Whiteoak based on their complete resumes?
... So. Gallia lost in OT to Waterford - they however beat a higher ranked River Valley team so I didn't drop them as far as they would have fallen had RV beat them ... looking at the teams behind FF THEY lost as well - the whole group dropped ... Whiteoak jumped from 45 to 41 ... they are trending up while So Gallia is going the other direction ... Zane Trace lost to 2 top 15 teams - I looked at the teams behind them - not good enough to move up above ZT at least not THAT big of a jump ... Both Logan and Chilli are going the wrong way ... If teams deserve to drop they will drop - if they are not as good as I have them this week - they aren't going to get better the next week they will continue to trend down ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

We're over half way through the season and you have the 2nd place team in the Ohio Division 5 places higher than the undefeated 1st place team. Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:35 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:41 pm Pfloyd....only 2 spots in your rankings but looking at Tri state seedings based off your rankings, would you seriously have South Gallia over Whiteoak based on their complete resumes?
... So. Gallia lost in OT to Waterford - they however beat a higher ranked River Valley team so I didn't drop them as far as they would have fallen had RV beat them ... looking at the teams behind FF THEY lost as well - the whole group dropped ... Whiteoak jumped from 45 to 41 ... they are trending up while So Gallia is going the other direction ... Zane Trace lost to 2 top 15 teams - I looked at the teams behind them - not good enough to move up above ZT at least not THAT big of a jump ... Both Logan and Chilli are going the wrong way ... If teams deserve to drop they will drop - if they are not as good as I have them this week - they aren't going to get better the next week they will continue to trend down ...
Thank You...the talk/debate is what’s fun about these.

I did some math using your rankings:

Whiteoak 8-7
Average ranking of their losses #16
Average rankings of their wins #51

South Gallia 7-5
Average ranking of their losses #34
Average ranking of their wins #61

SG has played 2 teams ranked above them. (Trimble, Chesapeake)

Whiteoak has played 7 teams ranked above them (Eastern Brown, Piketon, New Boston, McClain, Fairfield x2, Minford...5 of them on road)

Return to “Boys Basketball”