Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 pm Pfloyd: My Indians get back on the hardwoods Friday and Saturday. Fairfield at home ,then Saturday vs Fayetteville at home.Praise the lord and pass the twizzlers. Josh has some work to do. Hoping for a loooonnng winning streak.
... I'm ready to be looking for some Peebles final scores Hoopie!!! seems like forever ago since I recorded a Peebles final on the Big Board !!! Coach Arey will get them ready for the post season ... might be one of the teams that will play a couple of games on a Weekend to get them back into playing shape ... a doubleheader of sorts with different opponents on a Saturday afternoon then another in the evening ... ala AAU style ...
These Seniors have seen alot of big games. Now they have to knock the dust and the rust off and get it done. I will keep things up to date

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Hamilton Township is in quarantine, so Tuesday's game for LE is postponed.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Good list. Thanks for doing it

18th has to be the highest I've ever seen West

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

I am not seeing Eastern Brown at Georgetown oin my official schedule. They have already played Gtown twice. This might be the game that was moved up to fill a quarantine cancellation. I will double check this.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:03 pm
Point blank wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:35 pm Are we just gonna ignore the fact that st joe beat sw by 30

The day after we played West and without our #2 player on the court? Beating SW by 30 doesn’t mean anything. We’re the most bipolar team in the rankings and I’ll be the first to admit it.
If SW is the most bipolar team in the rankings, ISJ could be the runner up for most bipolar :lol: . It all just goes to show that seeding teams this year is going to be very interesting with teams constantly playing at less than full strength and after coming off long Covid-related shut downs.

To answer the question about ISJ's return to play. Their next scheduled game is 2/2/21. ISJ is scheduled to play 4 games per week for 3 weeks in a row in an attempt to get all 22 regular season games played.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BlindWhiteHat wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:38 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:03 pm
Point blank wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:35 pm Are we just gonna ignore the fact that st joe beat sw by 30

The day after we played West and without our #2 player on the court? Beating SW by 30 doesn’t mean anything. We’re the most bipolar team in the rankings and I’ll be the first to admit it.
If SW is the most bipolar team in the rankings, ISJ could be the runner up for most bipolar :lol: . It all just goes to show that seeding teams this year is going to be very interesting with teams constantly playing at less than full strength and after coming off long Covid-related shut downs.

To answer the question about ISJ's return to play. Their next scheduled game is 2/2/21. ISJ is scheduled to play 4 games per week for 3 weeks in a row in an attempt to get all 22 regular season games played.
... BWH , you hit the nail on the head - teams all over, SEO/OHIO, are dealing with "consistency" ... the consistency of playing together as a team is probably matched by "staying in basketball shape" - having the legs to get up and down the court/having the legs to be able to shoot the ball with any consistency, the teams that rely on being physical on defense/being able to keep on the ball pressure I'm sure struggle big time under these conditions ... injuries due to the inability to stay in basketball shape while trying to do those things that are usually done WHILE PLAYERS ARE IN BASKETBALL SHAPE seem to be mounting as well ... teams with depth have a decided advantage right now with rotations that can give players a breather at least until players get back into some kind of shape ... difficult times being players, coaches ...

... on a side note ... I want to give props across the board to every AD out there !!! I can't imagine trying to deal with EVERY sport a school offers, the health department just to get the ok TO PLAY, the fans who still don't want to adhere to protocols that are in place to allow fans in the stands, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT TO the scheduling, daily/weekly rescheduling of games- league games, then trying to fit in nonleague games to fill out a schedule ... ALL OF YOU NEED A RAISE !!! - to think that some school districts either have or think that a "supplemental" contract is all that being an AD requires - being an AD IS A FULLTIME JOB ... Athletic Directors are heroes in the Covid Season/Year - well done, my hat goes off to you and the jobs you have done/are doing - pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:00 am Hamilton Township is in quarantine, so Tuesday's game for LE is postponed.
... ugggggh - thanks bman ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

A question for the masses, in a morning online discussion about Sheridan and where they are ranked in D2 on "THE list" ... I have them at #11 while I92 has them at #8 ... I defended my ranking giving my reasons why they are where they ARE imo ... with ALL of the rankings, the seedings that will happen in less than 2 weeks there are teams that are ranked lower than the 1,2,3,4 etc. that the higher seeds, those teams ranked higher on the Elite 8 that no one wants to see in their bracket , no one wants to have to go through in the "one and done" season ... these are teams that are up and down in the regular season , teams who have the potential to take down a high seed ... Which teams that are the lower ranked teams, that no one wants to see in their bracket ???

Here is the link to TSYS compilation of the seedings based on the Pfloyd rankings ... which teams are the dangerous matchups for the higher seeded 1-4 teams in each of the 3 divisions D2,D3 & D4 ???

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87220

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

D2....Fairfield Union, under .500 but bleh, no thanks.

Careful: Miami Trace, Gallia Academy, Marietta

IF McClain loses a bunch without Badgley AND he can return for tournament...them

D3: can’t think of a below .500 with an elite coach like FU but teams like Zane Trace, Portsmouth, Meigs aren’t great but could be tough in the tournament for a lower seed

D4....South Webster 7-8, Whiteoak 8-7....Peebles ....dangerous teams that play tougher schedules. Valley is the team everyone assumes to be a tough one and might not get to great of a seed.

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

South Gallia is now on quarantine for 1 week starting today after playing River Valley last week.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

South Gallia, Eastern, Trimble all on the list now for quarantine. Uggggggggggg!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:33 pm D2....Fairfield Union, under .500 but bleh, no thanks.

Careful: Miami Trace, Gallia Academy, Marietta

IF McClain loses a bunch without Badgley AND he can return for tournament...them

D3: can’t think of a below .500 with an elite coach like FU but teams like Zane Trace, Portsmouth, Meigs aren’t great but could be tough in the tournament for a lower seed

D4....South Webster 7-8, Whiteoak 8-7....Peebles ....dangerous teams that play tougher schedules. Valley is the team everyone assumes to be a tough one and might not get to great of a seed.
Same on the d2 stuff. I’d love to play MT again but would feel really stupid is they beat us again. No thanks on FU. The higher seed if have no issues playing again is Boro.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FU lost to Amanda CC tonight 44-48 ... the Falcons have no bench ... struggle to score ... not the FU of past years ... I believe LE plays Amanda CC this week - will be interesting to compare results ... might tell us a little more about FU ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 pm FU lost to Amanda CC tonight 44-48 ... the Falcons have no bench ... struggle to score ... not the FU of past years ... I believe LE plays Amanda CC this week - will be interesting to compare results ... might tell us a little more about FU ...
Hadn’t Amanda struggled pretty good?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 pm FU lost to Amanda CC tonight 44-48 ... the Falcons have no bench ... struggle to score ... not the FU of past years ... I believe LE plays Amanda CC this week - will be interesting to compare results ... might tell us a little more about FU ...
Hadn’t Amanda struggled pretty good?
... maxpreps has the Amanda record as 4-7 before the game with FU ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

b
Fairfield Union destroyed Amanda first time around. Gotta be tough taking a 2 week break right in the middle of the season, But that scores shocks me. I wonder if FU was missing some players?

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

That Amanda score first time around was 71-28 first time they played.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Treyman3 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:59 pm That Amanda score first time around was 71-28 first time they played.
Yeah

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 64
Marietta 54 final

... Marietta beat Warren tonight .............. in the first quarter 21-17 ... 4 point victory as they hit everything they put up ... 3/5 from behind the arc, a couple of drives to the rim, 2 transition buckets ... all 5 starters dented the scorebook led by Tyler Kytta's 7 points on a triple and a pair for inside buckets ... Tony Munos did what he does best - uses his quicks to get to the rim - 6 points in the qtr. ... a pair of threes from AJ Graham/Mark Duckworth who opened the Tiger scoring with his triple ... as good as MHS started the game they couldn't shake Coach Maddox's Warriors as the BBB stayed in contact with 17 points in the period - Joel Chevalier 7 pts including a trey, 3 points from the FT line for Brayden Sallee, 3 points for Seth Dennis, and deuces from Kurt Taylor and Josh Welch off the bench ... Marietta 21 Warren 17 after one ... the Tigers were held to 3 fgs /6 points in the second as Warren continued to play "steady" at both ends ... nothing flashy other than being carried offensively by Chevalier's 2nd trey and 2nd straight 7 point qtr/ 14 points in the half ... separation with defense/and controlling the boards along with Brayden Sallee/Kurt Taylor 3 balls to go with Jake Baumgard's 2 pts/Josh Welch 2 pts ... Warren 35 Marietta 27 after 2 ... Warren pushed the margin of separation to 15 points at the 1:26 mark of the 3rd period as the Brayden Sallee show was on display in the 3rd as the 6-4 swing man dropped 9 points with a 3 pointer to go with 3 midrange jumpers ... he was flanked by Baumgard/Chevalier with 2 pts each and Seth Dennis's 4 points... for the Tigers, AJ Graham added 9 pts for the MHS on 2 three balls and 3/4 shooting from the line ... 2 points each by Mark Duckworth/Tony Munos ... Warren 52 Marietta 40 after 3 ... Marietta remained in touch pulling within 8 in the quarter but never really put a scare in the BBB - as Warren played out the period in workman fashion even with 6/10 shooting from the FT line - it was enough to hold off 2 more Tiger 3's in the qtr (one each from Tyler Kytta and Mark Duckworth ... Warren had the 6/10 from the line in the 4th but got 2 big-time board and putback buckets from Sallee ... Warren 64 Marietta 54 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Marietta

Scoring ... Tony Munos 14, Tyler Kytta 14, AJ Graham 12, Mark Duckworth 10, Adam Coil 4
3 Pointers ... 7/18 ... AJ Graham 3, Tyler Kytta 2, Mark Duckworth 2
FTs ... 9/13
TOs ... 13
PnP ... 9 fgs/18 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/ 6 points in transition
Pbck ... 0

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Warren

Scoring ... Brayden Sallee 20, Joel Chevalier 18, Seth Dennis 9, Kurt Taylor 7, Jake Baumgard 6, Josh Welch 4
3 Pointers ... 5/12 ... Brayden Sallee 2, Joel Chevalier 2, Kurt Taylor 1
FTs ... 13/22
TOs ... 8
PnP ... 16fgs/32 points in the paint
PnT ... 4 fgs/ 8 points in transition
Pbck ... 4 fgs/ 8 points on putback buckets
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Great write up PFloyd...BBB did what was necessary to get the W...satisfying win in hostile territory(as hostile as an empty gym can be)....lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”