Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #11

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #11

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

https://fb.watch/3z2dnfu1xE/

Idk how to format video but anyway it was at that moment I knew the basketball gods weren’t going to let webster back in this game. West to state confirmed.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I’d have Unioto a spot higher snd Chillicothe about 5 spots lower

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 35
Warren 47 a final for Wednesday night ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:38 pm Logan 35
They played? Wow

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:38 pm Logan 35
They played? Wow
... Warren closed for school tomorrow before the game was over LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it was played here in Logan ... both Hocking and Athens Counties were/are on Level 2 ... I was surprised they played it tonight BUT it's in the books ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 47
Logan 35 final

... a few napkin stats :

... official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Ashton Mahaffey 15, Owen Angle 8, Ian Frasure 5, M. Frasure 3, Cayden Alford 2, Max Black 2
3 Pointers ... 5/14 ... Mahaffey 3, M. Frasure 1
FTs ... 8/9
TOs ... 16
PnP ... 6 fgs/12 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbck ... 1 fg/2 points on putback buckets

... bonus napkin stats ... blocked shots by Warren 7 times ... 5 attempted flops (3 in one possession) / 1 successful flop ... Logan failed to score a fg until 5:31 in the 2nd quarter ...

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Warren

Scoring...Bradyen Sallee 21,Joel Chevalier 8, Seth Dennis 6,Kurt Taylor 5,Jake Baumgard 4,Dennis Pettey 2,Josh Welch 1
3 Pointers ... 1/10 ... Kurt Taylor 1
FTs ... 6/7
TOs ... 9
PnP ... 16 fgs/ 32 points in the paint
PnT ... 4 fgs/ 8 points in transition
Pbck ... 2 fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any games being played Thursday or at least scheduled for Thursday as a make-up game?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm at Teays Valley

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:24 am Logan Elm at Teays Valley
... Thanks bman !!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm at Teays Valley is ON for tonight.

https://livecast365.com/schools/teays-v ... ive-feeds/

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 am Fairland with a big drop

Did Circleville get a win this week?

Did New Lex take an L this weekend?
Fairland … as good as the Dragons are/were last season - they haven’t quite lived up to expectations for the 2020-21 season… Covid 19 issues ? or something else? I’ve looked at my napkin stats, re-watched games - what’s different ? my conclusion is that they aren’t the same team IN THE PAINT … points by the bigs in the paint just aren’t there this season … even the THREAT of points by the bigs isn't there this season ... without the points FROM THE BIGS down low FHS is a one- dimensional / perimeter scoring dependent ball club … fine and dandy until the 3 ball isn’t falling, fine and dandy until you play a team that puts pressure on the perimeter, can match speed and quickness , has the length to alter the perimeter shot … I haven’t seen an offensive inside game all season from Fairland … defenses don’t have to help on the interior as both Polcyn and Willams look to pass the ball back out when the ball comes inside … when the ball comes INSIDE - inside is at the HIGH post, next to nothing is on the blocks …what always caught my attention that I loved about watching the Dragons was the interior passing/Polcyn has been the best post player in SEO passing the ball down low/making that interior pass to the weakside cutter when he was double teamed - not there this season … when the ball never gets to the blocks/ teams don’t have to double team the ball ... the ball is at the foul line to the top of the key with Polcyn or William's back to the bucket - no threat to score, the only pass is a perimeter pass around the perimeter … Porter will take you off the dribble and get to the rim, as can Hunt and/or Schmidt but that is rare for either of these two role players … with Polcyn/Williams focused on getting the ball to the perimeter - Fairland hasn’t shown it can score with the bigs inside the paint leaving the only scoring coming from the perimeter -either with a 3 point shot or a perimeter player driving to the rim ... I get it ! Clayton Thomas/Aiden Porter/ Gavin Hunt/ Nate Thacker/ Zander Schmidt - perimeter dominated team ... excellent players for sure ... BUT when you play the quality teams they will look to take away something defending you ... good teams have to have at least the threat of an inside game to keep the quality teams honest, to keep your strength - the perimeter game - your strength ... in the Fairland loss to South Point the Dragons were 6/23 from three pointers ... 8 fgs in the paint OF WHICH ONLY 1 fg was by a big ... 7 fgs were drives to the rim by the perimeter players ... Polcyn 0 pts/Williams 4 pts ...

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Regardless how the remainder of this season plays out, I personally feel the officials, ADs, coaches and players have done yeoman's work to reach this point. I don believe they get enough credit for our entertainment.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:56 pm Regardless how the remainder of this season plays out, I personally feel the officials, ADs, coaches and players have done yeoman's work to reach this point. I don believe they get enough credit for our entertainment.
The AD is in a no win situation. Coaches want to get games and wins in but sometimes looks selfish doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I’ve said all year this is the best year of officiating I can remember. Whatever the case it doesn’t matter.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:20 pm
FIDO wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:56 pm Regardless how the remainder of this season plays out, I personally feel the officials, ADs, coaches and players have done yeoman's work to reach this point. I don believe they get enough credit for our entertainment.
The AD’s in a no win situation. Coaches want to get games and wins in but sometimes looks selfish doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I’ve said all year this is the best year of officiating I can remember. Whatever the case it doesn’t matter.
I agree about the officials. Mostly good work this year. We’ve had a few bad games but they can’t all be perfect. We’ve only had a couple this year where I felt the officiating impacted the outcome some for, some against, but for the most part it’s been pretty solid.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:13 pm
The AD’s in a no win situation. Coaches want to get games and wins in but sometimes looks selfish doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I agree about the officials. Mostly good work this year. We’ve had a few bad games but they can’t all be perfect. We’ve only had a couple this year where I felt the officiating impacted the outcome some for, some against, but for the most part it’s been pretty solid.
Lol solid when Unioto wins? JV refs when Unioto loses?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:07 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:13 pm

Lol solid when Unioto wins? JV refs when Unioto loses?
I just said some for, some against. And they literally did the JV game before the varsity game and AGAIN, never said it’s why we lost. Stated several times Westfall just played harder and was a step ahead the entire game. Westfall can deserve to win and the refs still be terrible. Both can be true

Return to “Boys Basketball”