Re: Burg 2021 SOC champions

Post by packers80 »

Congratulations to the BURG program

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:13 pm Lucas: regarding the introvert comment...I heard some of this talk when Ater was at Webster, like it was a problem. My response was “you want a guy who’s a good speaker at the banquet after a 8-12 year, or a guy who wins a bunch of games despite keeping to himself?” I know which one I’d rather have coaching for me.*

I don't think I've ever seen him at Pirate Treasure, which is the fundraiser Burg has every year for the sports programs. They always call the coaches up on the stage to receive the praise they all deserve and I'm pretty sure I've never seen him up there. Always thought that was kind of odd. This fundraiser benefits all sports.

I guess now I know why he isn't there. Just don't understand it. All of the other coachers are there helping with checking to see if anyone needs anything. Cleaning up tables and just being there to talk to the fans that come and support all of the teams.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Like Art said. Rather have a coach getting titles instead of being good at social graces.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:48 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:13 pm Lucas: regarding the introvert comment...I heard some of this talk when Ater was at Webster, like it was a problem. My response was “you want a guy who’s a good speaker at the banquet after a 8-12 year, or a guy who wins a bunch of games despite keeping to himself?” I know which one I’d rather have coaching for me.*

I don't think I've ever seen him at Pirate Treasure, which is the fundraiser Burg has every year for the sports programs. They always call the coaches up on the stage to receive the praise they all deserve and I'm pretty sure I've never seen him up there. Always thought that was kind of odd. This fundraiser benefits all sports.

I guess now I know why he isn't there. Just don't understand it. All of the other coachers are there helping with checking to see if anyone needs anything. Cleaning up tables and just being there to talk to the fans that come and support all of the teams.
An important thing

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:20 pm Like Art said. Rather have a coach getting titles instead of being good at social graces.
High school sports is more than titles in some aspect, although I understand what you're saying. My best compliment for him outside of basketball, is he is not going to jeopardize shaming the community. He's going to show up to work and do his job without controversy.

Return to “Boys Basketball”