Perspective

Pol pot
SE

Perspective

Post by Pol pot »

I know the OHSAA takes a lot of flak and the State of Ohio has too during this pandemic, but I’d like to present to everyone some basic facts of how hard the OHSAA and the state of Ohio have worked to make a season happen. Ohio is one of only 19 states that have went forward with the opportunity play winter sports as normal as possible.

https://bit.ly/39ICZgH

baseball16
All State

Re: Perspective

Post by baseball16 »

As they should have! The states that have PPD or canceled are the ones not following science and neglecting the Kids an opportunity to play. I call it a form of child abuse. This age group is not that vulnerable to the virus and safety precautions have been proven to work. With the exception of Quarantining for 14 days, which has not shown anything on slowing down the spread. I also believe the percentage of attendance should be moved up to at least 50%, especially with vaccinations being in place.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:14 pm As they should have! The states that have PPD or canceled are the ones not following science and neglecting the Kids an opportunity to play. I call it a form of child abuse. This age group is not that vulnerable to the virus and safety precautions have been proven to work. With the exception of Quarantining for 14 days, which has not shown anything on slowing down the spread. I also believe the percentage of attendance should be moved up to at least 50%, especially with vaccinations being in place.
We were at Westfall and they only allowed fans on one side. We were crammed in like sardines, lol. Kinda defeats the purpose. So yes, 50% would be fine

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Really tough decision from OHSAA and the state to have a season considering less than half of kids under 17 have died from covid than did with the seasonal flu the year before. Don’t know of a single kid who was quarantined from contact tracing who actually got sick from the “exposure” but we keep following the “science” wink wink. The state of Ohio or anyone else involved in making this decision shouldn’t be heralded for simply doing the right thing. Am I happy my kids are playing? Yes, but it should’ve never been in danger to start with. The state should be issuing mass apologies to the spring athletes who missed an entire season last year.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The point of this post is simply if it’s truly about letting the kids play Ohio has led the way. Because if you look at the distichs over half the states have not been as engaged as we are and making a season happen.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Pol pot wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:02 pm The point of this post is simply if it’s truly about letting the kids play Ohio has led the way. Because if you look at the distichs over half the states have not been as engaged as we are and making a season happen.
You want people to give OHSAA a pat on the Back. OK. I get it. PAT PAT. LOL This Virus is real, but it has shown it's not as deadly as people have thought especially to this age group as well as most age groups below 60. Yes, each age group has had people die and that is tragic, but so has all other diseases, accidents, and mental health. People will disagree with this and that is fine, but this virus should not have shut any sports down or shut down any businesses! JMO

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:29 pm
Pol pot wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:02 pm The point of this post is simply if it’s truly about letting the kids play Ohio has led the way. Because if you look at the distichs over half the states have not been as engaged as we are and making a season happen.
You want people to give OHSAA a pat on the Back. OK. I get it. PAT PAT. LOL This Virus is real, but it has shown it's not as deadly as people have thought especially to this age group as well as most age groups below 60. Yes, each age group has had people die and that is tragic, but so has all other diseases, accidents, and mental health. People will disagree with this and that is fine, but this virus should not have shut any sports down or shut down any businesses! JMO
It’s not just your opinion. It’s an absolute fact! Look at Florida

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

PAT PAT

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I LOVE THIS SITE 😂

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I want to thank the athletic directors who have had to perform the dog and pony show each and every game night. Also thanks to the real heroes, the bus drivers. Props to the game officials for putting their lives on the line each and every night.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:10 pm I want to thank the athletic directors who have had to perform the dog and pony show each and every game night. Also thanks to the real heroes, the bus drivers. Props to the game officials for putting their lives on the line each and every night.
Haha

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Here’s a shout out to Kellogg’s for not hardly raising the price of Pop-tarts in over 30 years. ❤️

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Vik wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:44 pm Here’s a shout out to Kellogg’s for not hardly raising the price of Pop-tarts in over 30 years. ❤️
Been laughing for an hour straight on this one. I’d love to drink a beer with a few guys on this site but don’t wanna give away my identity

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 pm
Vik wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:44 pm Here’s a shout out to Kellogg’s for not hardly raising the price of Pop-tarts in over 30 years. ❤️
Been laughing for an hour straight on this one. I’d love to drink a beer with a few guys on this site but don’t wanna give away my identity
Larobi’s in Gallipolis is good for me. I’m an ass so we’d probably be best friends pretty quick.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Vik wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:11 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 pm
Larobi’s in Gallipolis is good for me. I’m an ass so we’d probably be best friends pretty quick.
Hmmm

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol...thought you had one there mlittle

Larobi’s is pretty solid.

This thread has traveled all over, even a JV...

Never mind

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:34 pm Lol...thought you had one there mlittle

Larobi’s is pretty solid.

This thread has traveled all over, even a JV...

Never mind
Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Perspective? I mean I know they were trying to come up with something to keep moving forward and I do commend for that, but let’s just take a small look at some of the head scratchers:

1. No shaking hands before and after but we can play an entire game draped all over each other
2. Refs in football don’t touch the ball but any player can
3. Basketball gets handed to designated ball cleaner after its “contaminated”
4. Masks on while on bench until you go in. Then it’s ok.
5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
6. Sports but No homecoming or prom

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 am Perspective? I mean I know they were trying to come up with something to keep moving forward and I do commend for that, but let’s just take a small look at some of the head scratchers:

1. No shaking hands before and after but we can play an entire game draped all over each other
2. Refs in football don’t touch the ball but any player can
3. Basketball gets handed to designated ball cleaner after its “contaminated”
4. Masks on while on bench until you go in. Then it’s ok.
5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
6. Sports but No homecoming or prom
Science wasn’t meant for normal people like us to understand. You just have to trust them and do it

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 am 5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
The Ohio Department of Health order regarding sports says this is not allowed. Whoever is letting this happening is failing their responsibilities as a host.

Return to “Boys Basketball”