Perspective

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Perspective

Post by mlittle »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 am 5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
The Ohio Department of Health order regarding sports says this is not allowed. Whoever is letting this happening is failing their responsibilities as a host.
And not a single person is worse off for it

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 am 5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
The Ohio Department of Health order regarding sports says this is not allowed. Whoever is letting this happening is failing their responsibilities as a host.
Except if your goin to Walmart or to a Mall. Exceptions for everything they want to come up with - heck we stood in Columbus and watched the Bucks play on TV with about 500 ppl

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

shoelace wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:08 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Except if your goin to Walmart or to a Mall. Exceptions for everything they want to come up with - heck we stood in Columbus and watched the Bucks play on TV with about 500 ppl
Pretty irresponsible of you. I’m sitting here in my house wearing 3 masks all day long except for when I eat Pop-tarts in bulk.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Of all that, you singled that out? That’s the least of the idiocracy.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

....and that's just in the USA.

1. Wear of mask while driving POV.
2. Wear of mask and shield while riding mass transit
3. Wear of mask and shield while shopping at mall and or grocery store
4. All places require a temp check and filling out contact information Sheet to enter the stores.
5. Entire neighborhoods quarantined without notice for 2 weeks at a time. Exceptions of course. No visitors allowed during quarantine.
6. Only one person in to assist with a hospitalized patient. The individual is required to do chest xray and swab test at own expense.

So, the ludicrous rules are global and often made up on the fly.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

I feel so bad for kids who haven't gotten to play this year due to covid restrictions. We have played but so much has been taken away from the kids. Summer ball, scrimmages and regular season non league games to name a few.
We did get to have a homecoming, (after being postponed more times than I can remember) many had to watch from home, of course no dance. Now we are hearing from some insiders that we may have a prom but NO DANCING allowed. So I am not sure it could truly be called a prom.

I am thankful for the AD's who have had their hands full this season. The refs, coaches, bus drivers, concession workers, etc. who have had to rearrange plans and be very flexible to get all of these games in. This will be a season no one should ever forget.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 am Perspective? I mean I know they were trying to come up with something to keep moving forward and I do commend for that, but let’s just take a small look at some of the head scratchers:

1. No shaking hands before and after but we can play an entire game draped all over each other
2. Refs in football don’t touch the ball but any player can
3. Basketball gets handed to designated ball cleaner after its “contaminated”
4. Masks on while on bench until you go in. Then it’s ok.
5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
6. Sports but No homecoming or prom
Science wasn’t meant for normal people like us to understand. You just have to trust them and do it
Does anyone honestly believe this has anything to do with "science"? If you have to place your bench seats 6 feet apart for the camera, then huddle together during a time out.. it's political.. has nothing to do with science or safety..

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

goindians42 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 pm I feel so bad for kids who haven't gotten to play this year due to covid restrictions. We have played but so much has been taken away from the kids. Summer ball, scrimmages and regular season non league games to name a few.
We did get to have a homecoming, (after being postponed more times than I can remember) many had to watch from home, of course no dance. Now we are hearing from some insiders that we may have a prom but NO DANCING allowed. So I am not sure it could truly be called a prom.

I am thankful for the AD's who have had their hands full this season. The refs, coaches, bus drivers, concession workers, etc. who have had to rearrange plans and be very flexible to get all of these games in. This will be a season no one should ever forget.
A prom with no dancing? LOL.. Teachers and vulnerable will be vaccinated... isn't that what they wanted to go back to normal? Moving the goal posts til the end of time...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

longball wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:15 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 am Perspective? I mean I know they were trying to come up with something to keep moving forward and I do commend for that, but let’s just take a small look at some of the head scratchers:

1. No shaking hands before and after but we can play an entire game draped all over each other
2. Refs in football don’t touch the ball but any player can
3. Basketball gets handed to designated ball cleaner after its “contaminated”
4. Masks on while on bench until you go in. Then it’s ok.
5. 15% capacity and spread out until game is over then everyone get in a crowd and talk
6. Sports but No homecoming or prom
Science wasn’t meant for normal people like us to understand. You just have to trust them and do it
Does anyone honestly believe this has anything to do with "science"? If you have to place your bench seats 6 feet apart for the camera, then huddle together during a time out.. it's political.. has nothing to do with science or safety..
Science bruh

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

goindians42 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 pm I feel so bad for kids who haven't gotten to play this year due to covid restrictions. We have played but so much has been taken away from the kids. Summer ball, scrimmages and regular season non league games to name a few.

Prom with no dancing??? Kevin Bacon will be in town soon to fix that 😂

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

BBALL99 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:09 am

Prom with no dancing??? Kevin Bacon will be in town soon to fix that 😂
FOOTLOOSE 2021 Style!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:45 pm
It’s an illogical argument you’re making. People not complying with a rule doesn’t render the rule impractical.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:45 pm

It’s an illogical argument you’re making. People not complying with a rule doesn’t render the rule impractical.
2,873,919 posts on this minor league site and you are first to use the word “render”

Return to “Boys Basketball”