#3 Federal Hocking vs #11 Fairfield - March 3rd

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: #3 Federal Hocking vs #11 Fairfield - March 3rd

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fed Hock may have the most talent - and definitely size - top to bottom of the 4 teams that played in the bracket last night. They just could never find any consistency or figure a way to utilize their depth. Fed mixed and matched all season long, 9 or 10 guys, and no one group ever got comfortable or experienced playing with each other. Depth is nice sometimes, but if you look at the teams who advanced, Trimble/Fairfield, they have been playing the same 6 or 7 guys all year and that cohesiveness showed. The Lancers also never were able to take advantage of their size, I only saw ONE pass into the post to Lucas over the back of the defender and it resulted in an easy layup. Why is your 6'5 big man playing a guard type position? Federal Hocking was running a perimeter offense against a team with no size that excels in perimeter defense.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Spot on.

Yes, quarantines might have hurt Fed Hock.... but nearly every team in SEO was quarantined at least once, and most of them were quarantined twice.

From the talent they put on the floor each night, I do believe Fed Hock under achieved. They were the most talented/athletic team in their conference, and Trimble beat them by double digits twice. Quarantine or not, that shouldn't happen.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Yep. And that's called coaching. Or lack there of. :mrgreen:

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:47 am Spot on.

Yes, quarantines might have hurt Fed Hock.... but nearly every team in SEO was quarantined at least once, and most of them were quarantined twice.

From the talent they put on the floor each night, I do believe Fed Hock under achieved. They were the most talented/athletic team in their conference, and Trimble beat them by double digits twice. Quarantine or not, that shouldn't happen.
Fed is not the most athletic team in the conference, Guffey and Downs are 2 of the best athletes in the area, period

Its all in the hips
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Happy McGavin wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:17 am

Fed is not the most athletic team in the conference, Guffey and Downs are 2 of the best athletes in the area, period
I think he was referring to players 1 thru 9. Guffey is the top dog, nobody denies that. Fed had players on the bench, like Collin Jarvis, who could have been 15 point a night scorers on most teams in the Hocking.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

In the small school environment the aim in my opinion is to move up a group of 5 to 7 players each year. If you can achieve this you will always have that core group of knowledgeable players who know each other without thought. This builds a team concept that will bode well every year. The coach will have talent every year and build a winner from that group. Just my opinion. Keep them together and motivated.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 am

I think he was referring to players 1 thru 9. Guffey is the top dog, nobody denies that. Fed had players on the bench, like Collin Jarvis, who could have been 15 point a night scorers on most teams in the Hocking.
To say that Jarvis could be a 15 point a night scorer is silly. If he could have been I’m just assuming that Thompson would have had him on the floor. And yes Guffey appears to be the top dog!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

In terms of TEAM.. As in all the players they put on the floor --- yes, I stand by what I said.

Federal Hocking was the most athletic team on their side of the TVC. Period.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 am
To say that Jarvis could be a 15 point a night scorer is silly. If he could have been I’m just assuming that Thompson would have had him on the floor. And yes Guffey appears to be the top dog!
He was on the floor, a lot.
But so was Hunter Smith, Lane Smith, Nathaniel Massie, Elijah Lucas, Tariq Cottrill, Wes Carpenter, Tyler Rodgers, Airhart. Heck, even Roush played last night in a district semi final.

Codym2584
Waterboy

Post by Codym2584 »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:00 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:31 am Congrats fellow SHAC Member Fairfield. Way to represent. One game at a time and go Lions.
I would have to disagree. Our boys was robbed. Somehow the refs for the game came form Ironton St Jude and they cheated us because of how the game with them went down last year. Its too bad. Our boys deserved better.
I came all the way from Milton, WV. One of the others from Wheelersburg. I promise we did not care who won this game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Codym2584 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:08 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:31 am Congrats fellow SHAC Member Fairfield. Way to represent. One game at a time and go Lions.
I would have to disagree. Our boys was robbed. Somehow the refs for the game came form Ironton St Jude and they cheated us because of how the game with them went down last year. Its too bad. Our boys deserved better.
I came all the way from Milton, WV. One of the others from Wheelersburg. I promise we did not care who won this game.
Don't even acknowledge the troll, Cody. That guy has multiple usernames and just tries to stir up drama anywhere and everywhere he can.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Officiating wasn’t an issue at all. One of the better crews we’ve had all year.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Don't even acknowledge the troll, Cody. That guy has multiple usernames and just tries to stir up drama anywhere and everywhere he can.
What the he11 are you talking about? I have an opinion on the game and I'm allowed to express it. As for multiple usernames that's funny right there. If you don't like my posts then don't read them jackwagon.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:03 am
Go talk your nonsense somewhere else!
I see you're trolling me again. Do you not have a job? If not, get one and stop wasting your life following my every post with a dumbasst response.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!

Return to “Boys Basketball”